Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Influence of growth regulators on nutrient concentrations, nutrient uptake and quality parameters of cluster bean varieties
First Online 22-10-2016|
A field experiment was conducted during the season kharif 2008 and 2009 to find out response of cluster bean varieties to growth regulators. RGC-936 recorded in significantly higher amount of total nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) uptake and protein content during both the years over RGC-1017, RGC-1003 and RGC-1002. Seed + foliar application with thiourea @ 500 ppm recorded maximum total N and P uptake. Quality parameters viz. gum and protein in seed, were found highest in cultivar RGC 1017 which was at par with RGC-1002 and RGC-1003 and all these three varieties were significantly superior over RGC 936. Variety RGC-1017 recorded 15.3% higher gum content over RGC-936. Among the growth regulators. maximum gum content in seed were recorded with the seed + foliar application of thiourea @ 500 ppm. However, it was found statistically at par with the seed + foliar application of TGA @ 100 ppm and significantly superior to rest of the treatments in current study.
- Anonymous, (2014). Potential of Rainfed Guar (Cluster bean) Cultivation, Processing and Export in India. National Rainfed Area Authority. Planning Commission Government of India New Delhi.
- Arnon, D.I. 1949. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplast. I.Polyphenol oxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiol. 24 : 1 – 5.
- Balai, L.R. and Keshwa, G.L. (2011). Effect of thiourea on yield and nutrient uptake of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) varieties under normal and late sown conditions. Journal of Spices and Aromatic Crops 20: 34–37
- Choudhary, A.K., Pooniya, V., Bana, R.S., Kumar, A. and Singh, U. (2014). Mitigating pulse productivity constraints through phosphorus fertilization–A review. Agric. Rev. 35: 314-319.
- Das, B., Arora, S.K. and Luthura, Y.P. (1977). A rapid method of determination of gum in guar proc, First ICAR Guar Res. Workshop (Central Arid Zone Research Institute), Jodhpur, 117-123.
- Dass, A., Shekhawat, K., Choudhary, A.K., Sepat, S., Rathore, S.S., Mahajan, G., Chauhan, B.S. (2016). Weed management in rice using crop-competition–A review. Crop Prot. Doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2016.08.005
- Jharia, A. (2002). Effect of iron fertilization and Thiourea spray on the productivity of clusterbean [Cyamposis tetragenoloba (L.) Taub.]. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Rajasthan agricultural University, Bikaner.
- Jocelyn, P.C. (1972). Biochemistry of the –SH group: The occurrence, chemical properties, metabolism and biological function of thiols and disulphides. Academic Press, 57, 122.
- Kaur, R., Singh, K., Deol, J.S., Dass, A. and Choudhary, A.K. (2015). Possibilities of improving performance of direct seeded rice using plant growth regulators: A review. Proc. National Acad. Sci., India Sec. B: Biol. Sci. 85: 909-922.
- Lakhana, R.C. 2001. Effect of nitrogen and thiourea on growth and productivity of pearlmillet [Pennisetum glaucum (L.) R Br. Imend. Stuntz]. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, RAU, Bikaner.
- Lakhana, R.C., Gupta, A.K., Shivran, A.C. and Shivran, R.K. (2005). Role of thiourea in improving the dry matter partiodioning, yield and quality of pearlmillet [Pennisetum glaucum (L.) R Br. Imend. Stuntz]. Ann. Agric. Res. New Series, 26 : 218-223.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1985). Statistical Method for Agricultural Workers, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Pooniya, V., Choudhary, A.K., Dass, A., Bana, R.S., Rana, K.S., Rana D.S., Tyagi, V.K. and Puniya, M.M. (2015). Improved crop management practices for sustainable pulse production: A Indian Perspective. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 85: 747-758.
- Rana, K.S., Choudhary, A.K, Sepa,t S., Bana, R.S. and Dass, A. (2014). Methodological and Analytical Agronomy. Post Graduate School, IARI, New Delhi, pp 276.
- Shanu, I.S., Naruka, Singh, P.P., Shaktawat, R.P.S. and Verma, K.S. 2013. Effect of seed treatment and foliar spray of thiourea on growth, yield and quality of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) under different irrigation levels. International Journal of Seed Spices, 3 : 20-25.
- Solanki, N.S. and Sahu, M. P. (2007). Productivity and P- use efficiency of cluster bean (Cyamopsis tetragonaloba L.) as influenced by bio- regulators and phosphorus. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 52 : 143-147.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.