Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Water stress induced proline accumulation and antioxidative enzymes in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.)
First Online 04-12-2017|
- Akcay U.C., Ercan O., Kavas M., Yildiz L., Yilmaz C., Oktem H.A., and Yucel M. (2010). Drought -induced oxidative damage and antioxidant responses in peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) seedlings, Plant Growth Regul. 61: 21–28.
- Arnon, D.I. (1949). Copper enzyme in isolated chloroplasts. Polyphenol oxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiol. 24: 1-15.
- Arora, A., Sairam, R.K., Srivastava, G.C. (2002).Oxidative stress and antioxidative system in plants. Curr Sci. 82:1227–1238
- Bates, L.S., Waldren, R.P. and Teare, I.D. (1973). Rapid determination of free proline of water stress studies. Plant Soil, 39:205-207.
- Bhardwaj, J. and Yadav, S.K. (2012). Comparative study on biochemical parameters and antioxidant enzymes in a drought tolerant and a sensitive variety of horsegram (Macrotyloma uniflorum) under drought stress. Am. J. Plant Physiol., 7 : 17-29.
- Chakraborty, K., Singh, A., Kalariya,K., Goswami ,N. and Zala. P.V. (2015). Physiological responses of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) cultivars to water deficit stress: status of oxidative stress and antioxidant enzyme activities. Acta Bot. Croat. 74 (1), 123–142.
- Dhindsa, R.A., Dhnidsa, P.P. and Thorpe, T.A. (1981). Leaf senescence correlation with increased permeability and lipid peroxidation and decrease level of superoxide dismutase and catalase. J. Expt. Bot. 126:93-101.
- Dhruve, J.J and Vakharia, D.N. (2013). Influence of water stress and benzyl adenine imposed at various growth stages on yield of groundnut. Int. J. Plant. Anim. Sci.1(1):-5-10.
- Duan, W., Lu, H. and Pang, J. (2007). Studies on Alfatoxin contamination in animal derived food and its control techniques. China Journal of Chinease Material Medica. 35 : 2503.
- Erice, G., Louahlia, S., Irigoyen, J. J., Sanchez-diaz, M. and Avice, J. C. (2010): Biomass partitioning, morphology and water status of four alfalfa genotypes submitted to progressive drought and subsequent recovery. Plant Physiology 167, 114–120.
- Farooq, M., Wahid, A., Kobayashi, N., Fujita, D. and Basra, S.M.A. (2009). Plant drought stress : effects, mechanisms and management. Agron. Sustain. Dev., 29: 185-212.
- Fazeli F., Ghorbanli M., Niknam V. (2007). Effect of drought on water relations, growth and solute accumualation in two sesame cultivars. Pak. J. Bio. Sci., 9: 1829-1835.
- Gunes A., Pilbeam D., Inal A., Coban S. (2008). Influence of silicon on sunflower cultivars under drought stress, I: Growth, antioxidant mechanisms and lipid peroxidation. Commun. Soil Science & Plant Nutrition, 39: 1885–1903.
- Heath, R. L., Packer, L., (1968): Photoperoxidation in isolated chloroplast. I. Kinetics and stoi chiometry of fatty acid peroxidation. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 125, 189–198.
- Henderson, J.C. and Davies, FI’ Jr. (1990). Drought acclimation and the morphology of mycorrhizal Rosa hybrida L. cv Ferdy is independent of leaf elemental content. New Phytol. 115: 503-510.
- Kocheva, K.V., Busheva, M.C., Georgier, G.I., Lambrev, P.H. and Goltsev, V.N. (2005). Influence of short-term osmotic stress on the photosynthetic activity of barley seedlings. Biol. Plant, 49:145-148.
- Kumar, P., Deshmukh, P.S., Kushwaha, S.R. and Singh, T.P. (2006). Biochemical and phenological evaluation of chickpea genotypes differing in drought tolerance. Indian J. Plant Physiol., 11:166-171
- Kumar, R.R., Karajol, K. and Naik, G.R. (2011). Effect of polyethylene glycol induced water stress on physiological and biochemical response in pigeonpea. Plant Physiol. 3:1487-152.
- Lowery, H.O., Rosebrough, N.J., Farr, A.L. and Randall, R.J. (1951). Protein measurement with folin phenol reagent. J. Biol. Chem., pp. 265-275.
- Luck, H. and Silinger, A. (1947). Catalase in methods of enzymatic analysis Vol. 2. Z. Lebensmitt University. pp. 108- 341.
- Madhusudhan, K.V. and Sudhakar, C. (2014). Alteration in proline metabolism in groundnut (Arachis Hypogae L.) under soil water deficits. Int. J. Sci. Rea. 3 : 3.
- Mafakheri, A., Siosemardeh, A., Bahramnejad, B., Struik, P.C. and Sohrabi, Y. (2013). Effect of drought stress on yield, proline and chlorophyll content in three chickpea cultivars. Aust. J. of Crop Sci. 4: 580-585.
- Manivannan, P., Jaleel, C.A., Sankar, B., Kishorekumar, A., Somasundaram, R., Alagu Lakshmanan, G.M. and Panneerselvam, R. (2007). Growth, biochemical modifications and proline metabolism in Helianthus annuus L. as induced by drought stress. Colloids Surf. B: Biointerf., 59: 141-149
- Nakano, Y. and Asada, K. (1981). Spinach chloroplasts scavenge hydrogen peroxide on illumination. Plant and Cell Physiology 21, 1295–1307.
- Noctor, G. and Foyer, C. (1998). Ascorbate and glutathione: keeping active oxygen under control. Annual Reviews of Plant Physiology and Molecular Biology 49, 249–279.
- Sadasivam, M. and Manickam, A. (1996). Biochemical methods, New age International Publishers, New Delhi 185, 193.
- Sgherri, C.L.M., Maffei. M. and Navari-Izzo F. (2000). Antioxidative enzymes in wheat subjected to increasing water deficit and rewatering. J. Plant Physiol 157: 273–279.
- Shao, H. B., Chul. Y., Lu, Z. H., Kang, C. M.2008.Main antioxidants and redox signaling in higher plant cells. International Journal of Biological Sciences 44, 12–18.
- Shao,H.B., Chu,L.Y., Jalee,l C.A., Manivannan,P., Panneerselvam, R., Shao, M.A. (2009). Under- standing water deficit stress-induced changes in the basic metabolism of higher plants - biotechnologically and sustainably improving agriculture and the ecoenvironment in arid regions of the globe. Critical Rev. Biotechnology. 29(2):131-51.
- Sharada, P. and Naik, G.R. (2011). Physiological and biochemical response of groundnut genotypes to drought stress. World J. Sci. Tech. 11: 60-66.
- Sharifi, P., Amirnia, R., Majidi, E., Hadi, H., Roustaii, M., Nakhoda, B., Alipoor, H. M., Moradi, F. (2012): Relationship between drought stress and some antioxidant enzymes with cell membrane and chlorophyll stability in wheat lines. African Journal of Microbiology Research 6, 617–623.
- Shinde, B. M. and Laware, S. L. (2015). Investigation of Water Stress on antioxidant enzyme activities inn groundnut varities (Arachis hypogaea L). I.J.A.B.R,5(1) : 29-33.
- Smith, I.K., Vierheller, T.L. and Thorne, C.A. (1998). Assay glutathione reductase in crude tissue homogenates using 5,5’-dithiobis (2- nitrobenzoic acid). Anal Biochem 175: 408-413..
- Solanki., J.K. and Sarngi, S.K. (2014).Effect of drought stress on proline accumulation in peanut genotypes. International Journal of Advanced Research. 2 (10):301-309.
- Turkan I, Bor M, Ozdemir F, Koca H. (2005). Differential responses of lipid peroxidation and antioxidants in the leaves of drought tolerant P. acutifolius Gray and drought sensitive P. vulgaris L. subjected to PEG mediated water stress. Plant Sci. 168:223–231.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.