A study on correlation and regression analysis in mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek]
Citation :- A study on correlation and regression analysis in mungbean[Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek] .Legume Research-An International Journal.2016.(39):20-25
A study was carried out with 104 mungbean accessions including four checks in augmented design during summer 2012-13 to identify the yield determinants and contribution of pubescence traits towards seed yield. The investigation revealed that pubescence traits were not contributed directly towards the seed yield but the traits harvest index, biomass, seed index, pods per cluster and branching behaviour were identified as yield determinats for yield improvement in mungbean.
Direct and indirect effects
- Aliyu, B., Ng, N.Q. and Fawole, I. (2000). Inheritance of pubescence in crosses between cowpea [Vigna unguiculata(L.) Waip] and V. rhomboidea Burtt. Davy. Nig. J. Genet., 15: 9-14.
- Baisakh, B., Jena, B., Das, T.R. and Panigrahi, K.K. (2013). Genetic architecture of yield and cold tolerance in land races of greengram from Odisha. J. Food Legumes. 26(1-2): 20-25.
- Gadakh, S.S, Dethe, A.M. and Kathale, M.N. (2013). Genetic variability, correlation and path analysis atudies on yield and its components in mungbean. Bioinfolet. 10(2A): 441-447.
- Gul, R., Khan, H., Mairaj, G., Ali, S., Farhatullah and Ikramullah. (2008). Correlation study on morphological and yield parameters of mungbean (Vigna radiata). Sarhad J. Agric., 24: 37-42.
- Lavanya, G.R. and Toms, B. (2009). Association and inter-relationship among yield contributing characters in mungbean. J. Food Leg., 22: 65-67.
- Lorencetti, C., Carvalho, F.I.F. de, Oliveira, A.C. de, Valério, I.P. Hartwig, I. Benin, G. and Schmidt, D.A.M. (2006). Applicability of phenotypic and canonic correlations and path coefficients in the selection of oat genotypes. Sci. Agric., 63(1): 11-19.
- Mohammed, M.S., Russom, Z. and Abdul S.D. (2010). Inheritance of hairiness and pod shattering, heritability and correlation studies in crosses between cultivated cowpea [Vigna ungiculata (L.) Walp.] and its wild (var. pubescens) relative. Euphytica. 171: 397-407.
- Rodriguez, D.J., Angulo-Sanchez, J.L. and Rodriguez-Garcia, R. (2001). Correlation and path coefficient analyses of the agronomic trait of a native population of guayule plants. Industrial Crops and Products, 14: 93-103.
- Singh, C.M., Mishra, S.B. and Pandey, A. (2014). Analysis of Genetic Diversity in Mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek] Genotypes Based on K-Mean Determination. Madras Agric. J. (In press).
- Singh, T., Sharma, A. and Alie, F.A. (2009). Morpho-physiological traits as selection criteria for yield improvement in mungbean. Legume Res. 32: 36-40.
- Yimram, T., Somta, P. and Srinives, P. (2009). Genetic variation in cultivated mungbean germplasm and its implication in breeding for high yield. Field Crop Res. 112: 260-266.
- Yoshida, Fordo, S.D., Cock, J. and Gomez, K. (1972). Laboratory Manual for Physiological Studies of Rice. 3rd Eds. International Rice Research Institute, Philippines.
- Zaid, I.U., Khalil, I.H. and Khan, S. (2012). Genetic variability and correlation analysis for yield components in mungbean. ARPN J. Agric. Biol. Sci. 7(11): 885-891.