RESPONSE OF COWPEA (VIGNA UNGUICULATA) TO PHOSPHOGYPSUM APPLICATION
Citation :- RESPONSE OF COWPEA (VIGNA UNGUICULATA) TO PHOSPHOGYPSUM APPLICATION.Legume Research-An International Journal.2007.(30):271 - 274
Response of cowpea to Phosphogypsum, a by-product of phosphatic fertilizer industry was studied during of rabi season 2002 in Laterite soil (Typic Kandiudult). The field experiment was carried out with 8 treatments including absolute control, recommended package of practices (250 kg ha−1), lime/phosphogypsum @ full lime requirement (full LR) and half LR respectively and combination of both lime and phosphogypsum each at 1/2 and 1/4 LR respectively. Application of amendments either as lime or phosphogypsum has significant effect on yield and yield attributes of cowpea. Phosphogypsum @ full LR gave the highest grain yield (2311 kg ha−1) followed by the combination of lime and phosphogypsum each @ 1/4 LR which was on par with the former.
- Balasubramanian, A. and Ramamoorthy, K. (1995). Madras agric. J. 83: 524-525.
- Beena, V.I. (2000). M.Sc (Ag) Thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, p.100.
- Jacob, K.T. (1992). M.Sc. (Ag) Thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, p.99.
- KAU, (1996). Package of Practices Recommendations ‘Crops’. Directorate of Extension, Kerala Agricultural University. Thrissur, p.267.
- Misra, U.K. et al (1990). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci. 38: 772-774.
- Ram, H. and Dwivedi, K.N. (1992). Indian J. Agron. 37: 112-114.
- Sumner, M.E. (1970). Proc. S. Afr. Sugar Technol. Assoc. 44: 197-203.