EVALUATION OF MUNGBEAN CULTURES AGAINST MYMV IN KARNATAKA UNDER NATURAL CONDITIONS
Citation :- EVALUATION OF MUNGBEAN CULTURES AGAINST MYMV IN KARNATAKA UNDER NATURAL CONDITIONS.Legume Research-An International Journal.2009.(32):286-289
A large number of genotypes including some germplasm, breeding lines in F1 and F2 generations
and some released varieties were evaluated against yellow mosaic virus disease of mungbean
during rabi summer of 2004 and 2005. The results indicated that two genotypes GG-89 and GG-
39 appeared to be immune with no disease incidence during 2004. The genotypes, TM-98-50,
TM-97-55 and Co-5 showed resistant reaction against MYMV with disease incidence of 0.97,
0.87 and 0.58 percent during rabi summer 2005. Genotypes which showed resistant reaction
could be used in MYMV disease resistant breeding programme after their confirmation
- Asthana, A.N. (1998). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 68:448-452.
- Chhabra, K.S. et al. (1978). J. Res., PAU, 16:385-388. Vol. 32, No. 4, 2009 289
- Ganapathy, T. et al. (2003). Annual Meeting and Symposium on Recent Developments in the Diagnosis and Management of Plant Diseases for Meeting Global Challenges, December 18-20, 2003, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, p.30.
- Manivannan, N. et al. (2001). Legume Res., 24:268-271.
- Mayee, C.D. and Datar,V.V (1986). Technical Bulletin No. 1, Marathawada Agricultural University, Parbhani.pp. 145-146.
- Nagaraj, N.C. et al. (1981). Indian J. Genet, 41:426-428.
- Nariani, T. K. (1960). Indian Phytopath, 13:24-29.
- Pandya, B.P. et al. (1977). Trop Grain Legume Bull, 7:13-14.
- Pathak, A.K. and Jhamaria, S.L. (2004). J. Mycol and Plant Pathol, 34:64-65.