Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
MOLECULAR MARKER FOR SCREENING FUSARIUM WILT RESISTANCE IN PIGEONPEA [CAJANUS CAJAN (L.) MILLSPAUGH]
lines along with ICPL 87119 and ICPL 8863 resistant checks for fusarium wilt under field conditions
and artificial inoculation identified 14 lines having 0-20% plant mortality and grouped under 0-5
disease score. PCR reactions using different primers with genomic DNA of these lines resulted in
identification of six resistant sources with specific amplification for resistance to wilt at 920bp with
OPGO8 primer. Considering the wilt reaction and resistance linked RAPD marker, it is possible to
identify the new resistance sources in a short time and they can be utilized in breeding programme
or for direct release.
- Bussel J.D. et al. (2005) Plant. Ecol. Evol. Systemat.7:23-26.
- Marley P.S. and Hiloves. R.Js (1996) Field Crop Res. 46:15-20.
- Murray, M.G. and Thompson, W.F. (1986) Nucleic Acid Res. 8:4321-4325.
- Sambrook, J. et al., (1989). Molecular Cloning:a Laboratory Manual, 2nd edn. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press Newyork.
- Saxena K.B., et al., (2002) Food Products Press. 227-260.
- Kotresh et al. (2006) Euphytica. 149:113-120.
- Tyagi, A.P. (1997) J. South Pacific Agri. 4:92-98
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.