EFFECT OF TILLAGE AND NUTRIENT MANAGEMENT ON YIELD OF GROUNDNUT AND SOIL FERTILITY
Citation :- EFFECT OF TILLAGE AND NUTRIENT MANAGEMENT ON YIELD OF GROUNDNUT AND SOIL FERTILITY.Legume Research-An International Journal.2010.(33):131 - 133
A field experiment was conducted at Agricultural Research Station, Dhari (Gujarat) during
kharif season of 1998-2004 to study the effect of tillage and nutrient management on yield of
groundnut and soil fertility under rainfed conditions. The results revealed that haulm yield was
significantly affected due to different tillage practices. Effect of different fertilizer treatments on
pod yield was found significant and application of 50 % N through urea + 50 % N through FYM
(F2) recorded higher net return and BC ratio. Availability of potassium was significantly affected
due to different tillage practices. While, different fertilizer treatments influenced the organic
carbon, available phosphorus and potassium content after harvesting of crop.
- Acharya, C.L., et al. (1988). Indian J. Agric. Sci. , 58, 507-516.
- Babu, M.V.S., et al. (2008). Legume Res., 31 (30: 192-195.
- Jackson, M.L. (1973). Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi.
- Saini, V.K. et al.. (2005). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 53: 346-351.
- Tiwari, Alok, et al. (2002). J. Indian So. Soil Sci., 50: 472-475.