- Abdullah, A.Y. and Qudsieh. R. (2008). Carcass characteristics of Awassi ram lambs slaughtered at different weights. Livest Sci. 117: 165-175.
- Al-Suwaiegh, S.B. and Al-Shathri. A.A. (2014). Effect of slaughter age on the fatty acid composition of intramuscular and subcutaneous fat in lamb carcass of Awassi breed. Indian J Anim Res. 48: 162-170.
- Burke, J.M. and J.K. Apple. (2007). Growth performance and carcass characteristics of forage-fed hair sheep wethers. Small Rumin Res. 67: 264-270.
- Croston, D., A.J. Kempster, D.R. Guy. and D.W. Jones. (1987) Carcass composition of crossbred lambs by ten sire breeds compared at the same carcass subcutaneous fat proportion. Anim Prod. 44: 99-106.
- Ekiz, B., Yilmaz, A., Ozcan, M., Kaptan, C., Hanoglu, H., Erdogan. I. and Yalcintan. H. (2009). Carcass measurements and meat quality of Turkish Merino, Ramlic, Kivircik, Chios and Imroz lambs raised under an intensive production system. Meat Sci. 82: 64-70.
- Fahmy, M.H., Boucher, J.M., Poste, L.M., Grégoire, R., Butler. G. and Comeau. J.E. (1992). Feed efficiency, carcass characteristics, and sensory quality of lambs with or without prolofic ancestry, fed diets with different protein supplements. J Anim Sci. 70:1365-1374.
- Karabacak, A., Aytekin. I. and Boztepe. S. (2015). Fattening performance and carcass traits of Anatolian Merino lambs in indoor and outdoor sheepfolds. Indian J Anim Res. 49: 103-108.
- Koyuncu, M. 2008. Growth performance and carcass quality of fattening lambs of Kivircik and Karacabey Merino breeds. Livestock Res Rural Dev. 20.
- Lavvaf, A. and Farahvash. T. (2012). Body measurements recording as an alternative to determine live weight and carcass performance of Macoei and Afshari sheep. Indian J Anim Res. 46: 263-267.
- McClure, K.E., VanKeuren. R.W. and. Althose. P.G (1985). Effect of grazed forages and concentrate in drylot on lamb carcass characteristics. J Anim Sci. 61: 341.
- Minitab. (2010). Minitab 16.1.1 for windows, Minitab Inc. State College, PA, USA.
- Ozdal, G., Atay,Affiliated with Çine Vocational School, Adnan Menderes University O., Eren. V. and Demircioglu. S.B. (2012). Fattening performance, carcass and meat quality characteristics of Kivircik male lambs. Trop Anim Health Prod. 44:1491–1496
- Pajor, F., Láczo, E., Erdós. O. and Póti. P. (2009). Effects of crossbreeding Hungarian sheep with Suffolk and Ile de France on carcass characteristics. Arch Tierz. 2: 169-176.
- Pérez, P., Maino, M., Tomic, G., Mardones. E. and Pokniak. J. (2002). Carcass characteristics and meat quality of Suffolk Down suckling lambs. Small Rumin Res. 44: 233–240.
- Petit, H.V. (2000). Effect of wool and rolled corn or barley on growth and carcass quality of lambs. Small Rumin Res. 37: 293-297.
- Rodrigues, S., Cadavez. V. and Teixeira. A. (2006). Breed and maturity effects on Churra Galega Bragançana and Suffolk lamb carcass characteristics: Killing-out proportion and composition. Meat Sci. 72: 288-293.
- Santos-Silva, J., Mendes. I.A. and Bessa. R.J.B. (2002). The effect of genotype, feeding system and slaughter weight on the quality of light lambs 1. Growth, carcass composition and meat quality. Livest Prod Sci. 76: 17-25.
- Teixeira, A., Delfa. R. and Alberti. P. (1998). Influence of production factors on the characteristics of meat from ruminants mediterra-nean area. In Proceedings of the international symposium on basis of thequality of typical Mediterranean animal products. EAAP, pp. 315–319.
- Wood, J.D., Macfie, H.J.H., Pomeroy. R.W. and Twinn. D.J. (1980). Carcass composition in four sheep breeds: the importance of type of breed and stage of maturity. Anim Sci. 30: 135-152.
- Yilmaz, A., Ozcan, M., Ekiz. B. and Akgunduz. M. (2002). Investigations on the possibility of improving the meat production by crossbreeding Turkish Merino, Chios and Kivircik sheep breeds 2. Fattening, slaughter and carcass characteristics of lambs. Turk J Vet Anim Sci. 26: 1333-1340.
Submitted Date : 31-03-2017
Accepted Date : 19-09-2017