Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Evaluation of Physico-Chemical and Antioxidant Properties of Dairy Cow, Goat and Buffalo Urine in Two Different Seasons in A Sub-Tropical Region of India
First Online 17-03-2020|
- Abe, N., Nemoto, A., Tsuchiya, Y., Hojo, H. and Hirota, A. (2000). Studies on the, 1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical scavenging mechanism for a 2-pyrone compound. Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry. 64: 306-313.
- Achliya, G.S., Meghre, V.S., Wadodkar, S.G. and Dorle, A.K. (2004). Antimicrobial activity of different fractions of Cow Urine. Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources. 20: 14-16.
- Benzie, I.F. and Strain, J. (1996). The Ferric Reducing Ability of Plasma (FRAP) as a Measure of “Antioxidant Power”: The FRAP Assay. Analytical Biochemistry. 239: 70-76.
- Bhardwaj, J.K., Kumar, V., Saraf, P., Kumari, P. and Mittal, M. (2018). Current status and changing national scenario of goat population: A review. Agricultural Reviews. 39: 91-103.
- Bharti, V.K. (2016). Studies on Sea Buckthorn plant produce as a novel feed additive for animals at high altitude. Defence Research and Developlopment Organization Science Spectrum. 135–142.
- Boveris, A. and Chance, B. (1973). The mitochondrial generation of hydrogen peroxide General properties and effect of hyperbaric oxygen. Biochemistry Journal. 134: 707–716.
- Burda, S. and Oleszek, W. (2001). Antioxidant and antiradical activities of flavonoids. Journal of Environmental, Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 49: 2774–2779.
- Charan, G. (2013). Studies on certain essential minerals status and heavy metals presents in soil, plant, water and animal at high altitude cold arid environment [Ph.D. Thesis], Waknaghat, Solan, India: JAYPEE University of Information Technology.
- Chauhan, R.S., Singh, B.P. and Singhal, L.K. (2001). Immunomodulation with Kamdhenu Ark in mice. Journal of Immunology and Immunopathology. 3: 74 77.
- Fazil-Marickar, Y.M. (2008). Electrical conductivity and total dissolved solids in urine. Urological Research. 36: 157–232.
- Giri, A., Bharti, V.K., Kalia, S., Raj, T. and Chaurasia, O.P. (2018). Evaluation of antioxidant status in serum and milk of Jersey cross bred in different seasons reared under high altitude stress condition. Biological Rhythm Research. 49: 1-13.
- Hall, J.E. (2016). Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology (13th edition.). Elsevier. Philadelphia, PA:
- Harshad, G., Amit, N., Nilesh, M., Sunanda, B. and Amrut, S. (2017). Gomutra (Cow urine): A multidimensional drug review article. International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy. 8: 1-6.
- Jain, N.K., Gupta, V.B., Garg, R. and Silawat, N. (2010). Efficacy of cow urine therapy on various cancer patients in Mandsaur District, India - A survey. International Journal of Green Pharmacy. 4: 29-35.
- Khanuja, S.P.S., Kumar, S., Shasany, A.K., Arya, J.S. and Darokar, M.P. (2007). Use of bioactive fraction from cow urine distillate (‘Go-mutra’) as a bioenhancer of anti-infective, anti-cancer agents and nutrients U.S. Patent US 7235262.
- Krishnamurthy, K., Dutta, D., Devi, S.S. and Chakravarty, T. (2004). Protective effect of distillate and redistillate of cow’s urine in human polymorpho nuclear leukocytes challenged with established genotoxic chemicals. Biomedical and Environmental Sciences. 17: 57–66.
- Kumar, P. (2015). Studies to characterize physio-biochemical, Transcriptional and Phenotypic parameters in different goat breeds (Capra hircus L) exposed to high altitude stress [Ph.D. Thesis].Coimbatore, India: Bharathiar University.
- Kumar, P., Giri, A., Bharti, V.K., Kumar, K. and Chaurasia, O.P. (2019). Evaluation of various biochemical stress markers and morphological traits in different goat breeds at high-altitude environment. Biological Rhythm Research. DOI:10.1080/09291016.2019.1594123.
- Kumar, S. (2013). Analysis of cow’s urine for detection of Lipase Activity and Anti-Microbial Properties. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences. 7: 01-08.
- Mann, S., Shandilya, U.K., Sodhi, M., Kumar, P., Bharti, V.K., Verma, P., Sharma, A., Mohanty, A. and Mukesh, M. (2016). Determination of antioxidant capacity and free radical scavenging activity of milk from native cows (Bos indicus), exotic cows (Bos taurus) and Riverine buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis) across different lactation stages. International Journal of Dairy Science. 3: 66–70.
- Pathak, M.L. and Kumar, A. (2003). Cow praising and importance of Panchagavya as medicine. Sachitra Ayurveda. 5: 56-59.
- Putnam, D.F. (1971). Composition and concentrative properties of human urine. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, NASA CR- 1802. http//ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi. ntrs.nasa.gov/19710023044.pdf
- Randhawa, G.K., Kullar, J.S. and Rajkumar. (2011). Bioenhancers from mother nature and their applicability in modern medicine. International Journal of Applied and Basic Medical Research. 1: 5-10.
- Rice-Evans, C.A. and Gopinathan, V. (1995). Oxygen toxicity, free radicals and antioxidants in human disease: biochemical implications in atherosclerosis and the problems of premature neonates. Essays in Biochemistry. 29: 39-63.
- Sahin, E. and Gumuslu, S. (2004). Alterations in brain antioxidant status, protein oxidation and lipid peroxidation in response to different stress models. Behavioural Brain Research. 155: 241–248.
- Salah, N., Miller, N.J., Paganga, G., Tijburg, L. and Rice-Evans, C.A. (1995). Polyphenolic flavonols as scavengers of aqueous phase radicals and as chain-breaking antioxidants. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 322: 339–346.
- Samvadsetu-gaumata. Home page on internet (cited 2017 April 19) Available from-http://samvadsetugaumata.blogspot. in/2010/12/cow-urine-content.html
- Sugha, S.K. (2005). Antifungal potential of Panchagavya. Plant Disease Research. 20: 156–158.
- Tiwari, S. (2015). Studies on clinic pathological and immunopathological effects of induced imidacloprid toxicity in White Leghorn Cockrels. Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand.
- Turoli, D., Testolin, G., Zanini, R. and Bellu, R. (2004). Determination of oxidative status in breast and formula milk. Acta Paediatrica. 93: 1569–1574.
- Virender, K.J. (2009). Cow urine can cure many diseases. Articles on Ayurveda, Indore Publishers.
- Wood, Z.A., Schroder, E., Harris, J.R. and Poole, L.B. (2003). Structure, mechanism and regulation of per-oxiredoxins. Trends in Biochemical Sciences. 28: 32–40.
- Yeum, K.J., Russell, R.M., Krinsky, N.I. and Aldini, G. (2004). Biomarkers of antioxidant capacity in the hydrophilic and lipophilic compartments of human plasma. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 430: 97–103.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.