Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Note on the enzyme activities, productivity and quality parameters of chickpea cultivars under influence of diverse synthetic plant growth promoters
First Online |
- Akter, A.; Ali, E.; Islam, M.M.Z.; Karim, R and Razzaque, A.H.M. (2007). Effect of GA3 on growth and yield of mustard. Int. J. Sustain. Crop Prod., 2(2): 16-20.
- Alam, M.M.; Naeem, M.; Idrees, M.; Khan, M.M.A. and Moinuddin. (2012). Augmentation of photosynthesis, crop productivity, enzyme activities and alkaloids production in sadabahar (Catharanthus roseus L.) through application of diverse plant growth regulators. J. Crop Sci. Biotech., 15: 117-129.
- Buchanan, B.B.; Gruissen, W. and Jones, R.L. (2000). Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Plants. American Society of Plant physiologists, Rockville, Maryland.
- Chaurasia, S. and Chaurasia, A.K. (2008). Effect of fertility levels and growth regulators on growth and yield of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Crop Res., 36: 71-75.
- Dwivedi, R.S. and Randhawa, N.S. (1974). Evaluation of rapid test for the hidden hunger of zinc in plants. Plant Soil. 40: 445-451.
- Estruch, J.J.; Pereto, J.G.; Vercher, Y. and Beltran, J.P. (1989). Sucrose loading in isolated veins of Pisum sativum: Regulation by abscisic acid, gibberellic acid and cell turgor. Plant Physiol., 91: 259-265.
- El-Tayeb, M.A. (2005). Response of barley grains to the interactive effect of salinity and salicylic acid. Plant Growth Regul. 45: 215-224.
- FAO (2012). Medium term prospects for agricultural commodities: Projections to the year 2000. FAO Economic and Social Development Paper No. 120. Rome.
- Gomez, K.A. and Gomez, A.A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research. 2nd Ed. J. Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Hassanpouraghdam, M.B.; Hajisamadi, A. B. and Khalighi, A. (2011). Gibberellic acid foliar application influences growth, volatile oil and some physiological characteristics of lavender (Lavandula officinalis Chaix). Romanian Biotechnol. Letters., 16: 6322-6327.
- Jaworski, E.G. (1971). Nitrate reductase assay in intact plant tissues. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 43: 1274-1279.
- Khafagy, M.A. (1995). Effects of growth substances, biological boron and their combination on soybean plants under nitrogen levels. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ. 20: 4641–4658.
- Khan, M.N. (2008).Response of Linum usitatissimum L. to the Application of GA3, N, P, Ca and Mg. Ph.D. Thesis, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.
- Khan, N.A.; Ansari, H.R. and Samiullah. (1998). Effect of gibberellic acid spray during ontogeny of mustard on growth, nutrient uptake and yield characteristics. J. Agron. Crop Sci., 181: 61-63.
- Kharche, P.V.; Kubde, K.J. and Solunke, P.S. (2006). Effect of phosphorus, sulphur and PSB on quality components and nutrient uptake in chickpea. Ann. Plant Physiol., 20: 78-81.
- Lowry, O.H.; Rosebrough, N.J.; Farr, A.L. and Randall, R. J. (1951). Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. J. Biol. Chem., 193: 265-275.
- Mansur, C.P.; Palled, Y.B.; Halikatti, S.I.; Salimath, P.M. and Chetti, M.B. (2009). Effect of plant densities and phosphorus levels on seed yield and protein content of Kabuli chickpea genotypes. Karnataka J. Agric. Sci., 22: 267-270.
- Mobin, M. (1999). Morphophysiology and Productivity of mustard in Relation to Gibberellic Acid and Sulphur Application. Ph.D. Thesis, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.
- Mazid,M.,Ali,B.,Hayat,S. andAhmad,A.(2010).The effect of 4-chloro-3-indoleacetic acid on some growth parameters in mung bean under cadmium stress.Turk. J. Biol., 34: 9-13.
- Mazid, M. (2014). Seed priming application of gibberellic acid on growth, biochemical, yield and protein status of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L. cv. DCP 92-3). International Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology., 5(1): 17-22.
- Mazid, M. Mohammad, F. (2012). Environmental constraints responsible for reduction in productivity of chickpea: Revisit an old problem. Int. J. Envt. Eng. Manage. 3(5): 32-35.
- Rupela, O. (1987). Nodulation and nitrogen fixation in chickpea. In: The Chickpea. M. Saxena and K.B. Singh (eds.). CAB International, Wallingford, UK,pp. 191-206.
- Shah, S.H. and Samiullah. (2007). Response of black cumin (Nigella sativa L.) to applied nitrogen with or without gibberellic acid spray. World J. Agric. Sci. 3: 153-158.
- Taiz, L. and Zeiger. E. (2010). Plant Physiology. 5th Ed. Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland, MA, USA.
- Tripathi, D.K.; Lallu, Bhushan, C. and Baghel, R.S. (2007). Effect of some growth regulators on flower drop and yield of chickpea. J. Food Leg., 20: 117-118.
- Tiwari, D.K.; Pandey, P.; Giri, S.P. and Dwivedi, J.L. (2011). Effect of GA3 and other plant growth regulators on hybrid rice seed production. Asian J. Plant Sci., 10: 133-139.
- Yadav, R.M. and Bharud, R.W. (2006). Response of Kabuli chickpea to the foliar application of growth substances. Mysore J. Agri. Sci., 40: 134-137.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.