Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Effect of Cropping and Management Techniques on Chilli (Capsicum annuum L.) Production under Rain-Fed Farming
First Online 18-06-2020|
- Akinbile, C.O. and Yusoff, M.S.(2011). Growth, yield and water use pattern of chilli pepper under different irrigation scheduling and management. Asian Journal of Agriculture. 5: 154-163.
- Annual report RNRRC (1996). Annual report 1995-1996. Ministry of Agriculture. Royal Government of Bhutan.
- Ashrafuzzaman, M., Halim, A., Ismail, M.R., Shahidullah, S.M., Hossain, M. A. (2011). Effect of plastic mulch on growth and yield of chilli (Capsicum annuum L.). Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology an International Journal. 54: 321-330.
- Berke, T., Black, L.L., Talekar, N.S., Wang, J.F., Gniffke, P., Green, S.K., Wang, T.C. and Morris R. Suggested Cultural Practices for Chili Pepper. AVRDC Publication. 05: 620.
- Bhardwaj, V., Yadav, V., Chauhan, B. S. (2009). Effect of nitrogen application timings and varieties on growth and yield of wheat grown on raised beds. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science. 56: 211-222.
- Buck, B. (2019). Taller, higher soil bed design can help save farmers thousands of Dollars. University of Florida.
- Bakker, D, Houlbrooke, D, Hamilton, G. and Spann, C. (2005). A Manual for raised bed farming in Western Australia. Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia, Perth. Bulletin 4646.
- Chadha, A., Florentine, S.K., Chauhan, B.S., Long, B., Jayasundera, M. (2019). Influence of soil moisture regimes on growth, photosynthetic capacity, leaf biochemistry and reproductive capabilities of the invasive agronomic weed; Lactuca serriola. Article in PLoS ONE. 14: 0218191.
- Davendra, C. (2016). Rainfed agriculture: its importance and potential in global food security. Uttar Agriculture Science Journal. 2(2): 1-17.
- Dorji, K.D., Dema, Y., Uden, Tashi. (2011). Effect of different rates and combinations of farm yard manure and inorganic fertilizers on chili (Capsicum annum) yield. Renewable Natural Resources Journal. 5(1): 1-14.
- Ghosh,U., Chatterjee, B., Bremer, E. (2018). Determining the moisture and plant effect on nutrient release and plant nutrient uptake using ion exchange resin membrane. Communication in Soil Science and Plant analysis Journal. 49: 782-790.
- Govaert, B., Sayre, KD., Lichter, K., Dendooven,L., Deckers, J. (2007). Influence of permanent raised bed planting and residue management on physical and chemical soil quality in rain fed maize/wheat systems. Plant Science. 291: 39–54.
- Maboko, M.M., Plooy, C.P.D., Chiloane, S. (2012). Effect of plant population, stem and flower pruning on hydroponically grown sweet pepper in a shadenet structure. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 7: 1742-1748.
- Miernicki, E.A., S.T. Lovell and S.E. Wortman. (2018). Raised beds for vegetable production in urban agriculture. Urban Agric. Reg. Food Syst. 3: 180002. doi: 10.2134/urbanag2018. 06.0002
- Rana, S.S. and Rana, M.C. (2011). Cropping system. Department of Agronomy, Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur, pp. 80.
- Rossato, L., Alvala, R.C.D.S., Marengo, J.A., Zeri, M., Cunha, A.P.M.D.A., Pires, L.B.M, Barbosa, H.A. (2017). Impact
- of soil moisture on crop yields over Brazilian semiarid. Frontiers in Environmental Science. 5: 73. doi: 10.3389/fenvs.2017.00073
- Ryczkowski, A. (2018). How to grow chilli peppers from cuttings. Home guides.
- Sanchez, V.M., Sundstrom, F.J., Lang, N.S. (1993). Plant size influences bell pepper seed, quality and yield. Hort Science. 28: 809-811.
- Sabeh, N. (2016). Rooftop plant production system in Urban areas. Science Direct. pp. 105-111.
- Sharma, K.L., Ramakrishna, Y.S., Samra, J.S., Sharma, K.D., Mandal, U.K., Venkateswarlu, B. (2009). Strategies for improving the productivity of rainfed farms in India with special emphasis on soil quality improvement. Journal of Crop Improvement. 23: 430-450.
- Singh, S., Singh, D.R., Velmurugan, A., Jaisankar, I., Swarnam, T.P. (2008). Coping with Climatic Undertainties through Improved Production Technologies in Tropical Island Conditions. Biodiversity and Climate Change Adaptation Tropical Island. Science Direct. pp. 628-666.
- Starkeayres (2014). Sweet and hot pepper production guideline. Member of the Plennegy Group.
- Suresha, B.A., Allolli, T.B., Patil, M.G., Desai, B.K., Hussain, S.A. (2007). Yield and economics of chilli based intercroppng system. Karnataka Journal Agriculture Science. 20: 80809.
- TNAU (2013). Analytical Techniques for Soil Testing. TNAU Agritech portal.
- Tshering, G (2016). Information on raised bed method. Renewable Natural Resources and Research Development, Research Centre, Bajo, Bhutan.
- Waateringe, G.V. and Geel B.,V. (2016). Raised bed agriculture in northwest Europe triggered by climatic change around 850 BC: a hypothesis. The Journal of Human Palaeo- ecology. 22: 166-170.
- Ueda, A. and Samdrup, T (2009). Chilli transactions in Bhutan: an economic, social and cultural perspective. Council for RNR Research of Bhutan, Ministry of Agriculture.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.