MANAGEMENT OF BASAL STEM ROT OF COCONUT
Citation :- MANAGEMENT OF BASAL STEM ROT OF COCONUT.Indian Journal Of Agricultural Research.2001.(35):115 - ,117
A study was conducted during 1994 in five fanner's coconut gardens in Arsikere using tridemorph (Calixin), Kitazin (48% 0, O-Diisopropyl-s-benzyl thiophosphate), aureofungin (Aureofungin-sol), and Bordeaux mixture coupled with soil application of neem cake at 5 kg/palm/year. The fungicides were given as root feeding at quarterly interval starting from 1994 till 1998. Bordeaux mixture (1%) and tridemorph (0.1%) were applied as soil drenching. All the fungicides were quite effective in checking the disease. The lowest disease index was achieved with Aureofungin-sol root feeding (1.3%) + Bordeaux mixture (1%) soil drenching at quarterly interval along with soil application of neem cake at 5 kg/palm/year followed by tridemorph root feeding (2%) + soil drenching (0.1%) at quarterly interval along with soil application of neem cake at 5 kg/palm/year.
- Bhaskaran, et a/. (1996). Basal stem rot of coconut, Tech. BuD. No.30. CPCRI, Kasaragod, Kerala.
- Butler. E.J. (1906). Agril. J. India. 1:297-310.
- Koti Reddy, M. and Saraswathy, N. (1976) Pemcides, 10:44-45.
- Nair, R.B., and Rao, KS.N., (1996) ArecanutJ. 16:6-8.
- Nambiar, KKN. and Nair, R.B., (1974). J. Plan. Crops (Supp!.): 119-123.
- Sampat Kumar, S.N. and Nambiar. KKN.. (1996). Scientific Hort. 5:57-61.
- Venkatarayan, S.v. (1936). Phytopathology, 26: 153-175.