PERSISTENCE AND DISSIPATION OF SYNTHETIC PYRETHROID RESIDUES ON CHICKPEA
Citation :- PERSISTENCE AND DISSIPATION OF SYNTHETIC PYRETHROID RESIDUES ON CHICKPEA.Indian Journal of Agricultural Research.2002.(36):204 - 207
Persistence and dissipation of insecticides viz., synthetic pyrethroids (deltamethrin, cypermethrin and fenvalerate) is reported on the straw and pods of chickpea. Insecticide residues were heavily deposited on the leaves and pods, just after spraying and dissipated as the first order reaction in the subsequent days. Minimum persistence was observed in the deltarnethrin, only 1 to 3 days in pods and 3 to 7 days in leaves. Residue of fenvalerate persisted up to the harvesting but it was below the Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) of 0.2 ppm prescribed by FAO/WHO. Residues of fenvilerate and cypermethrin were above the MRL after one week of spraying. Residue levels in leaves were higher than pods. Level of initial deposition after first spraying was always higher than second and third spraying
- Awasthi, M.D. etal (1987). IndianJ. Ent., 49(2): 275-279.
- Bhuvaneswari, K. and Uthamasamy, S. (1992). Pestology, 16: 17-27.
- Elliott, M. (1980). Pesticide Sci., 11: 119-128.
- FAO/WHO (1986). Codex maximum limits for pesticide residues. Codex Alimentarius Vol. Xlll VAO/WHO, Rome, Section 21-IV
- Gajbhiye, VT. etal (1982). J. Ent. Res. 6(2): 137-139.
- Horeinger, F. and Kenaga, E.E. (1972). In : Environmental Quality and Safety. (Coulston. F. ?lnd Korte. F. ed.) Academic Press, New York, 28pp.
- Kale, V.D. and Dethe, M.D. (1994). PI Prot. Bull, 46:24-25.
- Katiyar, P.N. (1988). Ph.D. Thesis, G.B. Pant Univ. of Agric. and Tech., Pal)tnagar : 402p.
- Mathew. S and Agnihotri, M.P. (1997). Pesticide Res. J.. 9(1): 46-53.
- Parihar. N.S. etal. (1990). Int! Chickpea News!, 23:16-17.
- Ravi. G. and Verma. S. (1997). Indian J. Ent!, 59: 62-68.
- Sachan, J.N. ('1987). In : Rec. Advs. in Ent., (Mathur, I.y.K. et all. 91-100pp.
- Sehgal, VK. (1990). In : Proc. Second International Workshop on Chickpea Improvement. Chickpea in the Nineties.
- ICARDA/ICRISAT, 1989, ICRISAT Centre, Patenchero, India.
- Sllklll, P. and Handa. S:K. (1986). IndianJ. AgJic. Sci., 56: 605-608.
- SUklll, P. and Handa, S.K. (1987). Indian J. Ent., 49: 424-428.
- Yadav, C.L. and Gupta, H.C.L. (1989). Ann..Arid Zone, 28: 315-318.