RESPONSE OF RABI HYBRID COTTON TO IRRIGATION METHODS AND NITROGEN LEVELS
Citation :- RESPONSE OF RABI HYBRID COTTON TO IRRIGATION METHODS AND NITROGEN LEVELS.Indian Journal Of Agricultural Research.2002.(36):200 - 203
A field experiment was conducted during rabi seasons of 1994–95 and 1995–96 to find out the appropriate method of irrigation and optimum nitrogen level for rabi cotton. Three irrigation methods viz., three drip irrigation regimes (0.4, 0.6 and 0.8 CPE), alternate furrow and surface method of irrigation with three nitrogen levels (80, 120 and 160 kg N/ha) were tried. Irrigating the cotton at 0.8 CPE through drip method recorded significantly highest values of yield attributes and yield over other irrigation method and lower drip irrigation regimes. Application of 160 kg N/ha found significantly superior with respect to all the yield attributes. seed cotton and stalk yields over lower nitrogen levels.
- Admsen, F.J. (1989). Agron. J. 81: 589-593.
- Anonymous (1991). Annual Report of Central Water Commission on "lrr~ation Research Management Improvement
- Organization", New Delhi.
- Billaz, Rand Ochas, R (1961). Oleagineux, 16: 605-611.
- Biswas, B.C. et a/. (1984). Cotton Fertilizer Association of India. New Delhi, pp. i64.
- Decard, E.L. eta/. (1984). In: N in crop production (Haunk, RD. ed.). Am. Soc. Agron., Crop Sci. Soc. Am. and Soil Sci. Soc. of Am., Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
- Hapase, D.G. (1993). In : National Workshop on Micro Irrigation Techniques in Sugarcane Agriculture, Pune.
- Radin, J.w. eta/. (1992). Agron. J 84: 551-567.
- Reddy, DV.S. and Thimanegowda, S. (1997). Mysore Agric. Sci. 31: 127-132.
- Tank, B.A. (1995). Ph.D. Thesis, GAU, S.K. Nagar.