Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
EFFECT OF SPACING, BULB SIZE ND DEPTH OF PLANTING ON GROWTH AND BULB PRODUCTION IN TUBEROSE (POLIANTHES TUBEROSA) CV. SINGLE
The experiment was carried out in tuberose cv. single having three spacing (20 x 15, 20 x 20,
20 x 25 cm), two bulb size (2.5, 3 cm diameter) and three depths of planting (3.5.7 cm). There were
1 8 treatment combinations. The results indicated that though wider spaced plants were shorter in
vegetative growth but there was less competition between plants for nutrients and produced more
number of bulbs, having more weight and size (i.e. length and diameter ob bulb). The bigger sized
bulbs used for planting showed better results, which produced vigorous plants and significant increase in quality of bulb produced. Though the plant height decreased, the number of bulbs produced increased in deeper planting. In case of weight and size of bulbs production depth of planting did not play any significant role. It is revealed that planning of bigger sized bulbs at wider spacing and medium depth of planting (5 cm) there was appreciable improvement in growth and bulb production of tuberose cultivar ‘single’ at Parbhani in Marathwada region.
- Banker, G.J. and Mukhopadhyay, A. (1980). South Indian Hort., 28: 1 50-151.
- Mukhopadhyay, A.and Bankar, G.J. (1981). Lal Bangh., 26:63-66.
- Mukhopdhyay, T.P. and Yadav, I.V. (1984). Haryana J. Hort. Sci., 13: 95-99.
- Nagargoje, J.V. et al. (1998). Karnatka J. Agric. Sci., 11: 1145-1147.
- Reddy, B.S. and Singh, K. (1997). Karantaka J. Agric. Sci., 10: 90-92.
- Sciortino, A. et al. (1989). Colture Protette., 15: 57-64.
- Sindhu, S.S. and Verma, T.S. (1997). Recent Hort., 4: 69-70.
- Yadav, L.P. et al. (1984). Prog. Hort., 16: 209-213.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.