Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
EFFECT OF ANTITRANSPIRANTS ON WATER STATUS AND GROWTH PATTERN OF MULBERRY ( MORUS ALBA L) UNDER TWO LEVELS OF IRRIGATION
status and growth pattern of mulberry under two levels of irrigation during the year
1999-2001. Leaf moisture content was observed highest in control under normal
irrigated plants while in limited irrigation BX-112 had the maximum followed by
CCC. Control had the lowest moisture content. CCC and BX-112 increased the
relative water content of mulberry leaves at both the irrigation levels. CCC and BX-
112 enhanced total dry matter accumulation particularly in limited irrigation. CCC
application augmented the leaf area index. CCC and BX-112 showed the capacity to
increase CGR and NAR in terms of growth rate and assimilation under low soil
- Anonymous (1993) Report of Research Workers Group Meeting on Arid Zone Fruit, held at N.D. University
- of Agriculture and Technology. Faizabad.
- Bars, H.D. and Weatherly, P. E. 1962) Aust. J. Biol. Sci. 15 : 413-428
- Davenport, D.C.., et al ( 1972) Plant Physiol .49 : 722-724
- Davenport, D.C., (1974) J. Expt. Bot. 25 (85) : 410-419
- Garai, A. and Datta, J. ( 1999) Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 21 (3) ; 277-281
- Goode, J.E., et al (1978) J. Hort. Sci. 53 : 99-103
- Habndique, A. c. and Manivel, L. ( 1990) Two Bud. 37 : 20-23
- Jai Dayal, et al (1993) Indian J. Plant Physiol. 36 (4) : 263-265.
- Manivel, L. (1991) UPASI Tea Res.. Inst. Newslett. 1 : 7
- Matsumara (1992) Lecture on Sericultures Boriah G. Ed. Suryamya Publishers. Bangalore. p. 7
- Pandey, A. K. and Yadav, R. S. (1999) Plant Physiol. 35 (3) : 159-164
- Patel, B.B. and De, R. (1976) Plant Physiol. 57 : 941-943.
- Radford, P.J. ( 1967) Crop Sci 7 : 171-175.
- Ravichandran, V and Mungse, B. ( 1995) Ann. Plant Physiol. 9 (2): 117-120
- Reddy,Y.T.N. and Khan, M.M. ( 2000) Indian J. Hort. 57 ( 2) : 125-129
- Satpathy, B., et al ( 1992) Indian J. Agric. Sci. 62 : 489-491
- Sen, D.N. and Lekhak, H. D. ( 1984) Indian Rev. Life Sci. 4: 279-311.
- Shanmugham, K. ( 1992) Indian J. Agric. Sci. 62 ( 1) : 744-750
- Weller, S. C. and Ferre, D. C. ( 1978) J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 103 : 17-19
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.