Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
INFLUENCE OF PHOSPHATE SOLUBILIZING PSEUDOMONAS AND BACILLUS STRAINS ON THE GROWTH OF ASHVAGANDHA (Withania somnifera)
- Bray, R.H. and L.T. Kurtz. (1945). Determination of total organic available forms of phosphorous in soils. Soil Sci. 23: 343-353
- Dickman, S.R. and R.H. Bray. (1940). Colorimetric determination of phosphate. Indus and Engineering chemical Analytical Edition 12: 660-665.
- Fleming, H.P, Etchelis, J.L. and Costilov, R.H. (1975). Microbial inhibition by an isolate of Pediococcus from cucumber brines. Applied Microbiol., 30: 1040-1042.
- Gordan, S.A. and Weber, L.G. (1957). Quantitative measurement of IAA. Physiologia Plantarum, 10: 37-48.
- Gupta, M, Kaur, M. and Gupta, K.G.(1992). Lytic effect of Bacillus subtilis elastase on Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria Industrial Journal of Experimental Biology, 30: 380-383.
- Gupta, R.P, Singh, P. and Pandher, M.S. (1998). Role of phosphorous solubilizing microorganisms in P-economy and crop yield. In: Soil Plant Microbe Interaction in Relation to Integrated nutrient Management (BD Kaushik ed). IARI, New Delhi, pp.95-101.
- Kapoor, K.K, Mishra, M.M. and Kukreja, K. (1989). Phosphate solubilization by soil microorganisms- a review. Indian J. Microbiol., 29: 119-127.
- Kaur, M, Gupta M, Tripathi K.K. and Gupta K.G. (1989). Lytic effect of Pseudomonas aeruginosa elastase on Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria. Zentera Blatt bakt-Intern. J. Microbiol., 271(2): 153-157.
- Kundu ,B.S. and Gaur, A.C.(1984). J. Plant soil, 79: 227-234.
- Lata (2003). Characterization of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria.In: Training Manual on Biofertilizers Technology, (Saxena A.K. ed.), IARI, New Delhi, pp. 24-25.
- Oleson, S.R, Cole, C.V, Wahatanable, F.S, and Dean, L.A. (1954). Estimation of available phosphorous by extraction with sodium bicarbonate.USDA Circ. 939.
- Payne, S.M. (1994).Detection, isolation and characterization of siderophores. Methods in Enzymol., 235: 329-331.
- Pikovskaya, R.E. (1948). Mobilization of phosphorous in soil in connection with vital activity of some microbial species. Mikrobiologia, 17: 362-370.
- Rodriguez, H and Fraga, R. (1999). Phosphate solubilizing bacteria and their role in plant growth promotion. Biotechnol. Adv., 17: 319-339.
- Schwyn, B. and Neilands, J.B. (1987). Universal chemical assay for the detection and determination of siderophores. Analytic Biochemistry, 150: 47-56.
- Singh, G and Tilak, KVBR. (2001). Phosphorous nutrition through combined inoculation with phosphorous solubilizing rhizobacteria and arbuscular mycorrhiza. Fertilizer News, 46(9): 33-36.
- Tandon, H.L.S. (1987). Phosphorous research and agricultural production in India. Fertilizer development and consultation organization, New Delhi, India.
- Yadav, KS and Dadarwal, KR. (1997). Phosphate solubilizing and mobilization through soil microorganisms. In: Biotechnological approaches in soil microorganisms for sustainable crop production (KR Dadarwal ed.) Scientific Publisher, Jodhpur p.293-308.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.