Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
EFFECT OF ZINC ENRICHED ORGANIC MANURES ON NUTRIENT UPTAKE AND YIELD OF RICE (ADT-45) IN ZINC DEFICIENT TYPIC USTOPEPTS
Ustopept) with rice (variety ADT-45) was the test crop to study the effect of zinc-enriched organic
manures. The treatments were NPK alone, NPK +200 kg FYM without enrichment, NPK + 200
kg FYM enriched with different levels of Zn (1.25 kg, 2.50 kg and 5.0 kg Zn ha-1) , NPK + cow
dung without enrichment, NPK + 200 kg cow dung enriched with different levels of Zn . The
result of the field experiment revealed that recommended dose of NPK +200 kg FYM enriched
with 5.0 kg zinc increased the grain (5430 kg ha-1) and straw (7075 kg ha-1) yields which was due
to increased availability of zinc in soil. Uptake of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and zinc were
found uniform trend with the highest uptake in the plots receiving recommended fertilizers along
with 200 kg of FYM or cow dung enriched with 2.5 kg or 5.0 kg Zn as compared to control.
- Adbel – Aziz, J.M (1986). Ann. Agric . Sci. Fac. Agric. Ain Shams. Univ., Cairo, 31, 1211-1226.
- Brar,S.P.S., et al (1980) J. Punjab Agric.Univ.,17:29-33
- Channal, H.T (1992) Ph.D Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Duraisami, V.P. and A.K. Mani (2002) Mysore J. Agr. Sci., 36(3): 212-217.
- Jadhav, S.S., et al (2003) J. Soils and Crops. 13(1): 69 – 72.
- Perla,L., et al (1973) Soil. Sci., 115: 380-389.
- Ram Sakal (2001). J. Indian Soc. Soil. Sci., 49(4): 593-608
- Raveendran (2005). In: Training Manual Edited by Chandrasekaran, Jayaraj, Vaithilingam, Saminathan and Anbumani. 18: 31.
- Singh , A.P., et al (1982) J. . Indian Soc. Soil. Sci., 30(4): 572-573.
- Verma, C.P, et al (2001) Crop Res., 21(3): 382-383 .
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.