GENETIC DIVERSITY AMONG SOME TRADITIONAL AROMATIC RICE (ORYZA SATIVA L) VARIETIES OF ORISSA
Citation :- GENETIC DIVERSITY AMONG SOME TRADITIONAL AROMATIC RICE (ORYZA SATIVA L) VARIETIES OF ORISSA.Indian Journal of Agricultural Research.2010.(44):141 - 145
Twenty aromatic rice genotypes collected from different parts of Orissa were evaluated
for their performance during kharif 2007. Data generated on seven biometrical characters
were subjected to analysis of variance and results indicated significant differences among
genotypes. Estimation of mean, range, standard deviation, standard error and coefficient
of variation (CV) indicated wide variation among traditional aromatic rice genotypes
cultivated in the region. Classification of genotypes following Numerical Taxonomic analysis
indicated five different classes. Grouping of genotypes and their characterization
provided useful information about their relatedness and possible use in crop improvement
Oryza sativa (L.)
- Anderson.et al (1957). Proc. Natn. Aca. Sci.Wash. 43::923-27
- Chaudhury, R.C., et al (2003).Specialty of the World Breeding ,Production and Marketing. Food and Agriculture
- Organisation (FAO), Rome in Association with Science Publishers Inc., New Hampshire, USA.
- Das, S. R. and Rout.S. (2006). Proc. of National Semi. on Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Development ,
- OUAT, Bhubeneswar 9-10, March 2006, pp.53-66.
- Khatana, V .et., al (2004).Western Orissa Livelihood Project. Prepared with assistance of DFID and Government of Orissa.
- Ray, J.K. (2007). Tradition, 5: 22-33.
- Singh, P and Narayan, S, S.(1993). Biometrical Techniques in Plant Breeding. Kalyani Publisher. New Delhi
- Singh, R.K. and Chaudhury, B. D. (1985).Biometrical Methods in Quantitative Genetic Analysis. Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi
- Sneath. P.H.A and Sokal, R.R. (1973). Numerical Taxonomy. W. H. Freeman and Company. San Francisco.