Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
SIMULATION MODELING OF GROWTH PARAMETERS FOR RICE GENOTYPES AT DIFFERENT NITROGEN LEVEL AND DIFFERENT DATES OF TRANSPLANTING USING CERES 3.5 V FOR EASTERN UTTAR PRADESH
CERES 3.5v model validations for rice at different dates of transplanting and different varieties.
Treatment consisted of three varieties viz. Sarjoo-52, NDR-359 and Pant Dhan-4, two dates of
transplanting viz. July 5th, 2005 and July 25th, 2005 & three nitrogen levels viz. 80 kg/ha, 120 kg/
ha and 160kg/ha. The experiment was laid out in randomized block design (RBD). Among the
genotypes, prediction accuracy of Pant Dhan-4 was found better in respect of no. of tillers/m2,
50 % flowering (DAT), panicle initiation (DAT) and physiological maturity (DAT) were better
on 5th July transplanting at120 kg/ha nitrogen in comparison to 25th July transplanting. The
simulation modeling was subsequently validated against observed data from field experiment.
From the response of simulation model it is observed that accuracy of simulated value decrease
with late sowing in all the varieties.
- Ahuja, S. P. (1974). Ph. D. Thesis, University of California, Davis. U.S.A..
- Goydrian, (1982). In: Simulation of Plant Growth and Crop Production Simulation Monograph [Penningde vries, F.W.T.
- and Van Laar, H.H.(Eds.)] PUDOC Wageningen, pp 98-1134
- Nix ,H.A.,(1976). Climate and Crop Productivity in Australia. Agrometeorology of the Rice Crop, International Rice
- Research Institute, Los Banos Philippines 495-508.
- Ritchie,J.T et al., (1998).Cereal Growth Development and Yield .Understanding Options for Agricultural Production: 79-98pp.
- Tripathi, P. et al., (1999). Agroclimatic Atlas of Eastern U.P., N.D.U.A.T., Kumarganj , Faizabad.
- Wickham, T.H., (1973). Predicting Yield in Low Land Rice through a water balance model, In Philippine Irrigation
- System: Research’s and Operations, Los Banos, Philippine, 155-181
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.