Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
DIVERSITY IN THE VIRUS YIELD OF HELICOVERPA ARMIGERA NUCLEAR POLYHEDROSIS VIRUS (HANPV) ISOLATES*
different isolates in Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner). The average POB yield varied between 8.91X1010
to 2.42X1010 POBs. Gulbarga isolate excelled over other isolates in producing maximum yield which
recorded an average of 8.91X1010 POBs followed by Coimbatore isolate with 7.51X1010 POBs. Further,
Gulbarga isolate recorded four times more POBs yield compared to Kalpavruksha isolate as evident
from the total viral yield in terms of LE. The average POB yield per larvae ranged from 2.11X109 to
1.21X109 POBs. Gulbarga isolate excelled over other isolates in producing highest number of POBs
per larvae (2.11X109 POBs), followed by Coimbatore isolate (1.87X109POBs). The average number of
larvae to yield one larval equivalent ranged between 7.07 to 11.94 larvae. Gulbarga isolate required
on an average 7.09 virosed larvae to produce 6.00X109 POBs as against BPL isolate which required
on an average 11.94 larvae to yield the same amount of virus.
- Gopali, J. B., (1998). Ph. D. Thesis, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, p. 183.
- Hussain, M. A., et al (2002), J. Entomol. Res. 26: 29-32.
- Jayaraj, S. and Sathiah, N., (1993). In: Proc. National Training on Mass Multiplication of Biocontrol Agents, Tamil
- Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, pp. 1-4.
- Mcintosh, A. H., et al (1987). In: Biotechnology in Invertebrate Pathology and Cell culture. (Maramorosch, K,ed).
- Academic Press, San Diego. pp. 305-325.
- Narayanan, K., (1985). In: Microbial Control and Pest Management, (Jayaraj, S.,ed) Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,
- Coimbatore, pp. 55-59.
- Steinhaus, E. A., (1949). Principals of Insect Pathology. McGraw Hill, New York, p. 757.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.