CONSUMER AWARENESS TOWARDS COTTONSEED OIL BRANDS AND RELEVANT FACTS
Citation :- CONSUMER AWARENESS TOWARDS COTTONSEED OIL BRANDS AND RELEVANT FACTS.Indian Journal of Agricultural Research.2013.(47):323-328
Cottonseed oil is considered as ‘Heart Oil’ by the American Heart Association. In India, a limited numbers of cottonseed oil brands are available in the market at present. The dearth in cottonseed oil pouches with attractive labels causes lack of brand awareness among oil consumers. Cottonseed oil manufacturers need to concentrate on producing pouches with their own company labels under the era of organized retail marketing. Multinational players like Wal-Mart, Carrefour and Target are now enthusiastic to occupy Indian retail markets apart from the present restricted cash and carry business to wholesalers and businesses. Indian consumer behavior towards purchasing of groceries is now transformed to organized retail outlets from orthodox shopping on account of increased level of income, education and demonstration effect. Therefore it is quite passionate to offer branded oil with quality to the mass consumers since people consider health is wealth. This paper divulges the attentiveness of consumer preference, recall and awareness towards cottonseed oil brands.
- http://ashwinvanaspati.tradeindia.com/Exporters_Suppliers/Exporter4861.76745/Rishi-Brand-Refined-Cottonseed- Oil.html
- Al Ries and Trout Jack. (2000). Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind. 20th Anniversary ed. McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Chakraborty, M (1992). Quality Aspect of Cottonseed Oil. Central Institute of Cotton Research, Nagpur.
- Ailawadi Kusum, Lehmann Donald R. and Scott Neslin. (2003). Revenue Premium as an outcome measure of brand equity. J. of Marketing. 67:1-17.
- Jones Lynn A. and King Clay C. (1995). Cottonseed Oil. NCPA and the Cotton Foundation, Memphis, Tennassee (USA).
- Mizik Natalie and Jacobson Robert. (2005). Talk about Brand Strategy. Harvard Business Review 1; Baruch Lev. 2001. Intangibles: Management, Measurement, and Reporting (Washington, DC: Brookings Institute).
- Kotler Philip, Keller Kevin Lane, Koshy Abraham and Jha Mithileshwar. (2009). Marketing Management. Pearson Education, New Delhi, 13th ed. p.261.
- Suri Rajneesh and Monroe Kent B. (2003). The effects of time pressure on consumers’ judgments of prices and products. J. consumer Res. 30: 92-104.
- Chandra Sekhar Savanam and Bhaskara Rao, V.K. (2011). Cottonseed oil as health oil. Pertanika J. Trop. Agric. Sci. 34(1): 17-24.
- Erdem Tulin. (1998). Brand equity as a Signaling Phenomenon. J. Consumer Psychology. 7: 131-57.
- Ramaswamy V. S., and Namakumari S. (2009). Marketing Management. Macmillan Publishers India Limited, New Delhi, 4th ed. p.427.
- Vithala Rao R., Agarwal Manoj K. and Dalhoff Denise. (2004). How is manifest branding strategy related to the intangible value of a corporation?. J. Marketing. 68: 126-41.