Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
EFFECT OF FOLIAR SPRAYS OF BIOREGULATORS ON GROWTH AND FLOWERING IN GLADIOLUS
- Alvarez R., Farias., Y and Angarita., M (2005) Effect of application of brassinosteroid (Biobras-16) on the growth and number of buds of ‘Madame Delbard’ and ‘Lidia’ roses. Proc. Inter. Soc. Tropical Hort., 48 : 189-190.
- Braun., P and Wild., A (1984) The influence of brassinosteroids on growth and parameters of photosynthesis of wheat and mustard plants. J. Plant Physiol., 116 : 189-196.
- Darginaviciene., J and Maksimov., G (2001) The role of basipetal IAA transport in the hormonal regulation of plant cell growth. Biologija, 2 : 11-13.
- Devi., D .U, Sekhar., R .C and Babu., J .D (2007) Effect of growth regulators on flowering and corm production in gladiolus cv. Jacksonville Gold. J. Res., ANGRAU, 35 (1): 6-14.
- Gaur., G. S, Chaudhury., T. C and Trivedi., J. D (2003) Effect of GA3 and IAA on growth, flowering and corm production in gladiolus cv. Eurovision. Farm Sci. J., 12 (1): 1-3.
- Gregory., L .E (1981) Acceleration of plant growth through seed treatment with brassins. American Journal of Botany, 68 : 586-588.
- Huang., X .X, LiFeng Zhou., Yan Hong Mao., Wei Hua Shi Kai., Wu Jian Xiang., Asami., T, Chen., Z. X and Yu Jing Quan (2009) Brassinosteroids promote photosynthesis and growth by enhancing activation of Rubisco and expression of photosynthetic genes in Cucumis sativus. Planta, 230 (6) : 1185-1196.
- Ku., Y. G, Woolley., D . J and Nichols., M. A (2008) Effect of CPPU treatment on fern number, bud number, and photosynthetic rate of asparagus. Acta Horticulturae, 776 : 471-476.
- Mandava., N. B and Thompson., M . J (1983) Chemistry and functions of brassinolide. In. Proceedings of isopentenoid symposium. [W. D. Nes, G. Fuller and L. S. Tsai (eds.)]. Dekker New York : pp. 401-431.
- Meudt., W. J, Thompson., M .J, Mandava., N. B and Worley., J. F (1984) Methods for promoting plant growth. Canadian Patent No. 1173659. Assigned to USA, p. 11
- Pranav Rana., Jitendra Kumar and Mukesh Kumar (2005) Response of GA3, plant spacing and planting depth on growth, flowering and corm production in gladiolus. Journal of Ornamental Horticulture (New Series,) 8 (1): 41-44.
- Rajiv Kumar., Dubey., R .K and Misra., R .L (2002) Effect of GA3 on growth, flowering and corm production of gladiolus. In: Floriculture Research Trend in India, Misra R L and Sanyat Misra (eds.). Indian Society of Ornamental Horticulture, IARI, New Delhi p. 12-15.
- Ravidas., L, Rajeevan., P .K and Valasala Kumari (19920 Effect of foliar application of growth regulators on the growth, flowering and corm yield of gladiolus cv. Freiendship. South Indian Horticulture, 40 (6) : 329-335.
- Sauter and Kende., H (1992) Gibberellin induced growth and regulation of the cell division cycle in deep water rice. Planta, 188 : 362-368.
- Singh., M .K, Parmar., A .S and Rathore., S. V. S (2002) Corm production in gladiolus as affected by size of cormels and GA3 application. In: Floriculture Research Trend in India. Misra R L and Sanyat Misara (eds.). Proceedings of the National Symposium on Indian Floriculture in the New Millenium held during 25-27th February, 2002 at Bangalore pp. 246-248.
- Tawar., R .V, Sable., A .S and Giri., M. D (2003) Effect of growth regulators on growth and flowering of gladiolus cv. Jester. Annals of Plant Physiology, 17 (2) : 109-111.
- Yu., J. Q, Li., Y, Qian., Y. R and Zhu., Z. J (2001) Cell division and cell enlargement in fruit of Lagenaria leucantha as influenced by pollination and plant growth substances. Plant Growth Regulation, 33 (2) : 117-122.
- Vardhini., B .V and Rao., S. S R (2004) Influence of brassinosteroids on growth, yield, metabolite content and enzyme activities of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.). Proc. Nation. Acad. Scie., India. Sec. B Biol. Sci. 74 (3/ 4) : 307-315.
- Vijai Kumar and Umrao., V (2007) Effect of gibberellic acid on gladiolus. South Indian Horticulture, 55 (1-6) : 303-305.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.