- Al-Yasi, H., Attia, H., Alamer, K., Hassan, F., Ali, E., Elshazly, S., Siddique, K.H.M. and Hessini, K. (2020). Impact of drought on growth, photosynthesis, osmotic adjustment and cell wall elasticity in Damask rose. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 150: 133-139. https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.plaphy.2020.02.038.
- Bates, L.S., Waldren, R.P., Teare, I.D. (1973). Short communication rapid determination of free proline for water-stress studies. Plant and Soil. 39: 205-207.
- Chuan-chuan, N., Peng-dong, G.A.O., Bing-qing, W., Wei-peng, L.I.N., Ni-hao, J. and Kun-zheng, C.A.I. (2017). Impacts of chemical fertilizer reduction and organic amendments supplementation on soil nutrient, enzyme activity and heavy metal content. Journal of Integrative Agriculture. 16(8): 1819-1831. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2095-3119.(16): 61476-4.
- Elayaraja, D., and Sathiyamurthi, S. (2020). Influence of organic manures and micronutrients fertilization on the soil properties and yield of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) in coastal saline soil. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 54(1): 89-94. https://doi.org/10.18805/IJARE.A-5422.
- Fukami, J., De La Osa, C., Ollero, F.J., Megías, M., and Hungria, M. (2018). Co-inoculation of maize with Azospirillum brasilense and Rhizobium tropici as a strategy to mitigate salinity stress. Functional Plant Biology. 45(3): 328-339. https://doi.org/10.1071/FP17167.
- Günal, E., Erdem, H. and Çelik, İ. (2018). Effects of three different biochars amendment on water retention of silty loam and loamy soils. Agricultural Water Management. 208(June), 232-244. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2018.06.004.
- Huang, S., Zhang, W., Yu, X. and Huang, Q. (2010). Agriculture, ecosystems and environment effects of long-term fertilization on corn productivity and its sustainability in a Ultisol of southern China. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment. 138(1-2): 44-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.agee.2010.03.015.
- Hussain, M., Farooq, M., Nawaz, A., Al-Sadi, A.M., Solaiman, Z.M., Alghamdi, S.S., Ammara, U., Ok, Y.S. and Siddique, K.H.M. (2017). Biochar for crop production: Potential benefits and risks. In Journal of Soils and Sediments. (Vol. 17, Issue 3). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11368-016-1360-2.
- Hussain, M., Farooq, S., Hasan, W., Ul-Allah, S., Tanveer, M., Farooq, M. and Nawaz, A. (2018). Drought stress in sunflower: Physiological effects and its management through breeding and agronomic alternatives. In Agricultural Water Management. (Vol. 201, Issue September 2017, pp. 152-166). https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.agwat.2018.01.028.
- Mi, N., Cai, F., Zhang, Y., Ji, R., Zhang, S. and Wang, Y. (2018). Differential responses of maize yield to drought at vegetative and reproductive stages. Plant, Soil and Environment. 64(6): 260-267. https://doi.org/10.17221/ 141/2018-PSE.
- Moonmoon, S. and Islam, M. (2017). Effect of drought stress at different growth stages on yield and yield components of six rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes. Fundamental and Applied Agriculture. 2(3): 1. https://doi.org/10.5455/ faa.277118
- Nasar, J., Alam, A., Khan, M. Z., and Ahmed, B. (2019). Charcoal and compost application induced changes in the growth and yield of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 53(4): 492-495. https://doi.org/ 10.18805/IJARE.A-376.
- Orsini, F., Alnayef, M., Bona, S., Maggio, A., and Gianquinto, G. (2012). Low stomatal density and reduced transpiration facilitate strawberry adaptation to salinity. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 81: 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envexpbot.2012.02.005.
- Sachan, H.K., Krishna, D. and Prasad, A. (2020). Influence of organic and inorganic sources of fertilizers on growth and yield of maize (Zea mays L.) in Fiji. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 55(Of), 769-772. https://doi.org/ 10.18805/ijare.a-590.
- Saffari, N., Hajabbasi, M.A., Shirani, H., Mosaddeghi, M.R. and Owens, G. (2021). Influence of corn residue biochar on water retention and penetration resistance in calcareous sandy loam soil. Geoderma. 383. https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.geoderma.2020.114734.
- Triatmoko, V.A., Minardi, S., Widijanto, H. and Syamsiyah, J. (2020). Effects of various ameliorants on pH, phosphorus availability and soybean production in alfisols. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 54(4): 531-535. https://doi.org/10.18805/IJARe.A-458.
- Wang, X., Yan, Y., Xu, C., Wang, X., Luo, N., Wei, D., Meng, Q. and Wang, P. (2021). Mitigating heat impacts in maize (Zea mays L.) during the reproductive stage through biochar soil amendment. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment. 311(December 2020), 107321. https:// doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2021.107321.
- Xu, P., Liu, Y., Zhu, J., Shi, L., Fu, Q., Chen, J. and Hu, H. (2020). Soil and tillage research Influence mechanisms of long-term fertilization on the mineralization of organic matter in Ultisol. Soil and Tillage Research. 201(June 2019), 104594. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.still.2020.104594.
- Xu, P., Zhu, J., Fu, Q., Chen, J., Hu, H. and Huang, Q. (2018). Structure and biodegradability of dissolved organic matter from Ultisol treated with long-term fertilization. Journal of Soils and Sediments. 18(5): 1865-1872. https://doi.org/ 10.1007/s11368-018-1944-0.
- Xue, Q., Stewart, B.A., Lazar, M.D., Piccinni, G. and Salisbury, C. D. (2012). Genotypic variation of osmotic adjustment, water-use and transpiration efficiency among closely related wheat lines. Journal of Crop Improvement. 26(2): 258-281. https://doi.org/10.1080/15427528. 2011.628442.
- Yuan, P., Wang, J., Pan, Y., Shen, B. and Wu, C. (2019). Review of biochar for the management of contaminated soil: Preparation, application and prospect. Science of the Total Environment. 659: 473-490. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.12.400.
- Zhang, M., Wang, L. Feng, Zhang, K., Liu, F. Zhen, and Wan, Y. Shan. (2017). Drought-induced responses of organic osmolytes and proline metabolism during the pre- flowering stage in leaves of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Journal of Integrative Agriculture. 16(10): 2197-2205. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2095-3119(16)61515-0.
- Zhu, Q., Kong, L. Jian, Shan, Y. Zi, Yao, X. dong, Zhang, H. Jun, Xie, F. Ti and A.O., X. (2019). Effect of biochar on grain yield and leaf photosynthetic physiology of soybean cultivars with different phosphorus efficiencies. Journal of Integrative Agriculture. 18(10): 2242-2254. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2095-3119(19)62563-3.
Submitted Date : 8-12-2021
Accepted Date : 1-02-2022