Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Full Research Article
Feasibility to Neutralize Replant Disease under the Recultivation of an Apple Orchard
First Online 23-03-2022|
Methods: A vegetative trial, aimed at studying the effect of replant disease on the planted young apple trees after the uprooting of a 34-year-old apple plantation which was grown on the plots after a 50-year-old experimental orchard with apple fertilization systems, was established in spring of 2019.
Result: It has been found out in a vegetative trial that the growth of young apple trees weakens considerably in the first two years after planting one-year-old trees. The neutralization of replant disease, when dark grey opodzolic heavy loam soil was fertilized with manure, took place due to enriching it with organic substances. As a result, all the indicators of soil fertility increased and different bio-toxic compounds, which had a negative effect on mineral nutrition of young fruit plants, on their growth process and fruiting, neutralized faster and more intensively.
- Azher, H., Noor, K., Musa, K. (2020). Allelopathy effect of trichoderma spp. and some plant extracts against pythium aphanidermatum (In vitro). Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 54: 757-762. DOI: 10.18805/IJARe.A-476.
- Benizri, E., Piutti, S., Verger, S., Pagås, L., Vercambre, G., Poessel, J.L., Michelot, P. (2005). Replant disease: Bacterial community structure and diversity in peach rhizosphere as determined by metabolic and genetic fingerprinting. Soil Biol. Biochem. 37: 1738-1746.
- Fulga, I.G., Dadu, Ê. Ya. (1983). Growth and fruiting of apple trees on the replanted soil. Horticulture, Viticulture and Wine Production of Moldova. 8: 62-63.
- Fulga, I.G., Dadu, Ê. Ya. (1991). Repeated use of the land for fruit plantations. Horticulture and Viticulture. 2: 9-11.
- Grodzinskiy, A.M., Yurchak, L.D., Golovko, E.A., Panchuk, Ì.À., Shrol, T.S. (1978). A comparative estimation of the techniques used to study allelopathic replant disease. Phyto-toxic properties of soil microorganisms. Leningrad. 53-64.
- Gurin, À.G. (2016). Physiological aspects of the application of mineral fertilizers in fruit-ornamental nursery. RJOAS. 3(51): 92-98. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18551/rjoas.2016- 03.10.
- Henfrey, J., Baab, G. (2013). Specific replant disease in apple. EFM. 3: 18-21.
- Hoestra, H. (1994). Ecology and pathology of replant problems. ActaHort. 365: 1-10.
- Hudiakov, Ya, P., Marshunova, G.N. (1970). Fertilizers as a factor of changing periodic soil toxicity. Microorganisms in Agriculture. Moscow. 246-253.
- Kondratenko, P.V., Bublyk, M.O. (1996). Methodology of carrying out field research with fruit crops. Ê.: Agrarian Science. 95.
- Kopytko, P.G. (1986). Soil-agro-chemical principles of fruit crop fertilization (the example of apple tree plantation in UkrSSR): Abstract of the thesis of Doctor of Agr. Sciences. Moscow. 44.
- Kopytko, P.H., Yakovenko, R.V., Zhmudenko, V. M. (2008). Humus content and biological activity of the soil under various soil management and fertilization systems and yield capacity of apple trees. Ecological Problems of Horticulture and Plant Intriduction: Proceedings of State Nikitskiy Botanical Gardens. Yalta. 130: 102-111.
- Melnyk, Î.V., Yakovenko, R.V. (2017). The alternative to chemical disinfection of the soil. Horticulture News. 2: 13-15.
- Moiseichenko, V.F. (1993). Vegetative method in fruit production and ornamental horticulture. K. Vyshcha Shkola. 103.
- Moroz, P.À. (1990). Allelopathy in fruit orchards. Kyiv: Naukova dumka. 207.
- Rutkowski, K., Pacholak, E., Sawicka, A. (2000). Evaluation of the microbiological state of the soil under varied conditions of fertilization and irrigation in a replanted orchard. Part II. Number of fungi and actinomycetes. PraceKom. NaukRol. i Kom. NaukLeœ. PTPN. 89: 185-192.
- Sedov, Ye. N. (2005). Ecologization in apple and pear tree orchards. Agrarian Science. 2005. 9: 18-20.
- Sedov, Ye. N., Muraviov À.À., Serova, Z.M. (1997). Replant disease in the fruit orchard. Horticulture and Viticulture. 2: 4-5.
- Singh, T., Prajapati, A., Maru, A.K., Chaudhary, R., Patel, D.J. (2019). Root-kKnot Nematodes (Meloidogyne spp.) Infecting Pomegranate: A Review. Agricultural Reviews. 40: 309-313. DOI: 10.18805/ag.R-1945.
- Styla K., Sawicka A. (2010). Microbiological activity of soil against the background of differentiated irrigation and fertilization in apple (Malusdomestica) orchard after replantation. Agronomy Research. 8(1): 827-836.
- Szczygiel, A. (2003). Soil fatigue in orchard. Part I. Owoce Warzywa Kwiaty. l3: 16-17.
- Szczygiel, A., Zepp, A.L. (1998). An occurrence and importance of apple replant disease in Polish orchard. ActaHort. 477: 99-101.
- Vliegen-Verschure, A. (2013). Fumigation using mustard seed meal instead of mustard. EFM. 2: 6-7.
- Wiedmer, R., Thalheimer, M. (2013). Replant disease in South Tyrolean fruit growing. EFM. 4: 15-16.
- Yakovenko, R.V., Kopytko, P.G., Petrishina, I.P., Butsyk, R.M., Borysenko, V.V. (2020). Productivity of pear plantings depending on the content of main macroelemants (n, p, k) in the soil after optimized fertilization. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 54. 77-82. DOI: 10.18805/ IJARe.A-454.
- Yakovenko, R.V., Melnyk, Î.V. (2015). Organic disinfection of the soil. Horticulture News. 2015. 3: 33-34.
- Yao, S., Merwin, I.A., Abawi, G.S. and Thies, J.E. (2006). Soil fumigation and compost amendment alter soil microbial community composition but do not improve tree growth or yield in an apple replantsite. Soil Biol. Biochem. 38: 587-599.
- Yeshchenko, V.O., Kopytko, P.H., Kostohryz, P.V., Opryshko, V.P. (2014). Principles of scientific research in agronomy. Edit. by V.O. Yeshchenko. Vinnytsia. 332 p.
- Zydlik, Z., Pacholak, E. (2004). Effect of fertilization and irrigation on soil microorganisms in a replanted apple orchard. Part III. Numbers of fungi and actinomycetes. Prace Kom. NaukRol. Leœ. 97: 317-324.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.