Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Yield of Spring Wheat with the Combined Use of Sodium Selenite and Growth Regulators Depending on the Conditions of Water Supply
First Online 08-10-2021|
Methods: The research was carried out in 2018-2019. In a vegetation experiment at the Russian State Agarian University-Moscow Agricultural Academy. The object of research was spring soft wheat of the Ivolga variety. The plants were grown in vessels with a capacity of 5 kg of soil. For the experiments, a soddy-podzolic medium loamy soil was used. The optimal conditions for water supply were created watering the vessels during the entire growing season. A short-trem drought was created by stopping irrigation duting the steming phase. The duration of the drought is 5-6 days. In experiments, growth regulations epin, zircon and sodium selenite were studied, which were used by treating seeds before sowing wich 0,01% solutions of preparations. In the studies, the yield of spring wheat ang the formation of productivity elements were determined.
Result: Analysis of variance results for differences in the action of sodium selenite, zircon and epin, as well as their combination on various aspects of the production process of forming wheat yield. The stimulating effect of the combined use of sodium selenite and zircon on the reproductive organs of wheat was established, as a result of cariopses in an ear increased by 1.43 time. The activation of the attracting ability of the ear established when using the conscientious use of sodium selenite and epin. As a result, the wheat yield increased by 20% with optimal water supply and drought.
- Filippov, P.P. (1998). How external signals are transmitted inside the cell. Soros Educational Journal - M., series “Biology”. P. 78-84.
- Kobzarenko, V.I., Volobueva, V.F., Seregina, I.I., Romodina, L.V. (2015). Agrochemical research methods: Textbook: Publishing House of the RSAU-Moscow Agricultural Academy, - 309 p.
- Kotolovkina, Y.B. (2004). Physiological and biochemical action of epibrassinolide and ecosta on buckwheat plants in connection with productivity. Dissertation Abstract Candidate of Biological Sciences. 24 P.
- Malevannaya, N.N. (2004). Zircon Growth Regulator- A New Type of Immunomodulatory. In: The Use of Zircon Preparation in the Production of Agricultural Products. Tez. Report Scientific-Practical Conference. p. 17-20.
- Mangena, P. (2020). Effect of hormonal seed priming on germination, growth, yield and biomass allocation in soybean grown under induced drought stress. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 54(5): 592-598.
- Mironova, M.E. (2009). The influence of growth regulators and bacterial preparations on the formation of barley yield in the forest-steppe of the Volga region. Abstract of thesis. Candidate of Agricultural Sciences Penza. 23 p.
- Plechov, D.V., Isaichev, V.A., Andreev, N.N. (2015). The influence of growth regulators and mineral fertilizers on the yield and quality of winter wheat products. Bulletin of the Ulyanovsk State Agricultural Academy. 31(3): 37-41.
- Sadegh A., Abdolhamid, K. (2020). Barley cultivars and seed rates effects on energy and water productivity of green fodder production under hydroponic condition. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 54(6): 92-796.
- Sasaki, H., Yano, T., Yamasaki, A. (2005). Reduction of high temperature inhibition in tomato fruit set by plant growth regulators. JARQ. 39(2): 135-138.
- Seregina, I.I. (2007). Hormonal balance of plants in the early stages of development depending on the conditions of water supply. Bulletin of the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia. Agronomy and Livestock Series. 4: 30-34.
- Seregina, I.I., Suchkova, E.V. (2003). The effect of seed treatment with zircon on the productivity of spring wheat under various conditions of nitrogen nutrition and water supply. Bul. VIUA. 118: P. 79-81.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.