Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
The Growth Response of Banana cv. Barangan (Musa acuminata L.) from Tissue Culture with Organic Manure and Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi
First Online 04-08-2021|
Methods: The study using a completely randomized design (CRD) based on factorial with two treatment factors. The first factor is the type of organic manures: goat manure, cow manure, vermicompost and compost. The second factor is AMF doses: 0, 5, 10, 15 g/plant. Observed variables include the plant height, the pseudo-stem diameter, leaf number, leaf length and width and the percentage of mycorrhiza infections at the plant roots.
Result: The results showed an interaction between the type of organic manure and AMF dosage at the leaf length and width, but not on the plant height, the pseudo-stem diameter and leaf number. The application of various organic manures types has a significant effect on the plant height, the pseudo-stem diameter, leaf length and width, but no significant effect on the leaf number. The application of various doses of AMF has no significant impact on all of the observed variables.
- Badan Pusat Statistik. (2019). Produksi Pisang menurut Provinsi Tahun 2015-2019. In Badan Pusat Statistik dan Direktorat Jenderal Hortikultura.
- Baruah, A., Bordoloi, N. and Baruah, K.K. (2016). Effect of organic amendments with varied C-N ratios on grain productivity and nitrous oxide (N2O) emission from wheat grown in alluvial soil. Australian Journal of Crop Science. 10(4): 460-469.
- Bassi, D., Menossi, M. and Mattiello, L. (2018). Nitrogen supply influences photosynthesis establishment along the sugarcane leaf. Scientific Reports. 8(1): 1-13.
- Begum, N., Qin, C., Ahanger, M.A., Raza, S., Khan, M.I., Ashraf, M., Ahmed, N. and Zhang, L. (2019). Role of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in plant growth regulation: Implications in abiotic stress tolerance. Frontiers in Plant Science. 10(1068): 1-15.
- Bidhari, L.A., Purwanto, E. and Yunus, A. (2018). Effect of utilization of tomato extract and foliar fertilizer as media on shoots multiplication of banana cv Ambon in vitro. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 142(1).
- Chen, H., Awasthi, S.K., Liu, T., Duan, Y., Ren, X., Zhang, Z., Pandey, A. and Awasthi, M.K. (2020). Effects of microbial culture and chicken manure biochar on compost maturity and green- house gas emissions during chicken manure composting. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 389: 121908.
- Dawiyah, R.Y.A., Yunus, A., Samanhudi, Widiyastuti, Y. and Widodo. (2018). Shading and vermicompost effect on growth and flavonoid content of Tapak Liman (Elephantopus scaber L.). IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 142(1).
- Deo, B., Keshari, B. and Pradhan, B. (2020). In vitro propagation of popular banana cultivar (Musa spp. Cv. Patakpura). Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research. 44(4): 641-648.
- Duan, J.X., Duan, Q.X., Zhang, S.F., Cao, Y.M., Yang, C.D. and Cai, X.D. (2020). Morphological, physiological, anatomical and histochemical responses of micropropagated plants of Trichosanthes kirilowii to hydroponic and soil conditions during acclimatization. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture. 142(1): 177-186.
- Fan, X.L. and Li, J. (2014). Effectiveness of alkaline fertilizer on the control of banana Fusarium wilt and regulation of soil acidity in banana orchard. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Fertilization. 20(4): 938-946.
- Ferreira, L.T., de Araújo Silva, M.M., Ulisses, C., Camara, T.R. and Willadino, L. (2017). Using LED lighting in somatic sugarcane variety and its effect on redox metabolism during acclimatization. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture. 128(1): 211-221.
- Gao, S., DeLuca, T.H. and Cleveland, C.C. (2019). Biochar additions alter phosphorus and nitrogen availability in agricultural ecosystems: A meta-analysis. Science of the Total Environment. 654: 463-472.
- Hussein, N. (2012). Effects of nutrient media constituents on growth and development of banana (Musa spp.) shoot tips cultured in vitro. African Journal of Biotechnology. 11(37): 9001-9006.
- Johnson, N.C., Angelard, C., Sanders, I.R. and Kiers, E.T. (2013). Predicting community and ecosystem outcomes of mycorrhizal responses to global change. Ecology Letters. 16: 140-153.
- Kaharuddin, Dahlan, Hamzah, F. and Taufieq, N.A.S. (2019). The effect of alfisol soil quality improvement using filter cake, bagasse and dolomite ameliorant on peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) production. International Journal on Advanced Science, Engineering and Information Technology. 9(5): 1611-1617.
- Kahiluoto, H., Ketoja, E. and Vestberg, M. (2000). Promotion of utilization of arbuscular mycorrhiza through reduced P fertilization 1. Bioassays in a growth chamber. Plant and Soil. 227(1-2): 191–206.
- Kahiluoto, H., Ketoja, E., Vestberg, M. and Saarela, I. (2001). Promotion of AM utilization through reduced P fertilization 2. Field studies. Plant and Soil. 231(1): 65-79.
- Li, J., Meng, B., Chai, H., Yang, X., Song, W., Li, S., Lu, A., Zhang, T. and Sun, W. (2019). Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi alleviate drought stress in C3 (Leymus chinensis) and C4 (Hemarthria altissima) grasses via altering antioxidant enzyme activities and photosynthesis. Frontiers in Plant Science. 10(April): 1-12.
- Liu, Y., Ma, R., Li, D., Qi, C., Han, L., Chen, M., Fu, F., Yuan, J. and Li, G. (2020). Effects of calcium magnesium phosphate fertilizer, biochar and spent mushroom substrate on compost maturity and gaseous emissions during pig manure composting. Journal of Environmental Management. 267: 110649.
- Muktiyanta, M.N.A., Samanhudi, Yunus, A., Pujiasmanto, B. and Minardi, S. (2018). Effectiveness of cow manure and mycorrhiza on the growth of soybean. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 142(1).
- Nasution, L.Z., Hasibuan, M. and Manurung, E.D. (2020). Adaptability of tissue-cultured Dendrobium orchid planlets on planting media and its position during acclimatization process. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 454(1).
- Nugroho, P.A., Widyastuti, Y., Samanhudi and Yunus, A. (2017). Growth response of Artemisia annua by effect of types and composition of organic fertilizer in lowland. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology B. 7(5): 339-345.
- Permana, H.H., Widyastuti, Y., Samanhudi and Yunus, A. (2018). Response of Artemisia annua L. to shade and manure fertilizer application in lowland altitude. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 142(1).
- Phibunwatthanawong, T. and Riddech, N. (2019). Liquid organic fertilizer production for growing vegetables under hydroponic condition. International Journal of Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture. 8(4): 369-380.
- Polverigiani, S., Franzina, M. and Neri, D. (2018). Effect of soil condition on apple root development and plant resilience in intensive orchards. Applied Soil Ecology. 123: 787-792.
- Prasetyo, L., Widyastuti, Y., Yunus, A. and Samanhudi. (2018). The growth response of Artemisia annua L. to organic fertilizer type in lowland. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 142(1).
- Purbajanti, E.D., Kusmiyati, F., Slamet, W. and Adinurani, P.G. (2016). Chlorophyll, crop growth rate and forage yield of Brachiaria (Brachiaria brizantha Stapf) as the result of goat manure in various nitrogen dosage. AIP Conference Proceedings. 1755: 1-5.
- Richardson, A.E., Lynch, J.P., Ryan, P.R., Delhaize, E., Smith, F.A., Smith, S.E., Harvey, P.R., Ryan, M.H., Veneklaas, E.J., Lambers, H., Oberson, A., Culvenor, R.A. and Simpson, R.J. (2011). Plant and microbial strategies to improve the phosphorus efficiency of agriculture. Plant and Soil. 349: 121-156.
- Riyana, D., Widiyastuti, Y., Widodo, H., Purwanto, E. and Samanhudi. (2018). Effect of manure and plants spacing on yield and flavonoid content of Elephantopus scaber L. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 142(1).
- Samanhudi, Pujiasmanto, B., Sudadi, Putra, I.H. and Mumtazah, H.M. (2018a). The efficiency of mycorrhiza biofertilizer treatment to the growth and yield of soybean. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 142(1).
- Samanhudi, Pujiasmanto, B., Yunus, A., Supyani, Suntoro, Widijanto, H. and Prabowo, S.M. (2017a). The effect of manure and mycorrhiza application to the soil microbes biodiversity in terms of increasing soybean yield in marginal land in Indonesia. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science. 23(6): 994-1003.
- Samanhudi, S., Yunus, A. and Pujiasmanto, B. (2018b). Budidaya organik kunyit pada kluster biofarmaka kabupaten karanganyar. Caraka Tani: Journal of Sustainable Agriculture. 33(1): 34-41.
- Samanhudi, Sudadi, Yunus, A., Pujiasmanto, B. and Mahasti, W. (2017b). Pengaruh kascing dan mikoriza terhadap pertumbuhan dan hasil Tribulus terrestris. Jurnal Agrotek Indonesia, 2(1): 1-6.
- Samanhudi, Yunus, A., Pujiasmanto, B., Cahyani, V.R. and Lestariana, D.S. (2017c). The effect of arbuscular mycorrhiza and organic manure on soybean growth and nutrient content in indonesia. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science. 23(4): 596-603.
- Sebetha, E.T. and Mashele, L.V. (2019). The growth performance of sweet corn under the influence of animal manure, NPK and soil type. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 53(6): 718-722.
- Smith, F.A., Grace, E.J. and Smith, S.E. (2009). More than a carbon economy: Nutrient trade and ecological sustainability in facultative arbuscular mycorrhizal symbioses. New Phytologist. 182(2): 347-358.
- Soetedjo, I.P., Nguru, E. and Benggu, Y. (2019). Use of active powder of cassava, on various time applications, to improve carrying capacity of vertisol and alfisol on dry land farming system. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change. 5(3): 327-342.
- Yunus, A., Samanhudi, Brahmanto, N. and Widyastuti, Y. (2018). Artemisia annua respon to various types of organic fertilizer and dose in lowland. IOP Conference Series. Earth and Environmental Science. 142(1).
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.