Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Full Research Article
AMMI Analysis of Yield Performance in Foxtail Millet [Setaria italica (L.) P. Beauv.] Genotypes for Adaptation to Rainfed Conditions in Andhra Pradesh
First Online 11-04-2022|
Methods: Four prerelease promising foxtail millet genotypes including three released popular check varieties were evaluated across six locations in Andhra Pradesh during Kharif, 2018 under rainfed situation.
Result: The culture, SiA 3159 was found to be stable performer across the locations indicating that it is suitable for wide range of environments. In contrast the genotypes SiA 3085 and SiA 3156 showed narrow adaptation, specifically adapted to Anantapur (rainfed situation having scarce rainfall) and Vizianagaram (favorable environments with assured rainfall areas) respectively.
- Anand, G., Thamizhmani, S. and Vanniarajan, C. (2020). Genetic variability, correlation and path analysis in Foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.). Beauv] germplasm for yield contributing traits. International Journal of Current Research. 12(11): 14814-14819.
- Bai, Q., Fan, G., Gu, Z., Cao, X. and Gu, F. (2008). Effects of culture conditions on γ-aminobutyric acid accumulation during germination of foxtail millet (Setaria italica L.). European Food Research and Technology. 228(2): 169-175.
- Bose, L.K., Jambhulkar, N.N., Pande, K. and Singh, O.N. (2014). Use of AMMI and other stability statistics in the simultaneous selection of rice genotypes for yield and stability under direct-seeded conditions. Chilean Journal of Agricultural Research. 74(1): 3-9.
- Cornelius, P.L. (1993). Statistical tests and retention of terms in the additive main effects and multiplicative interaction model for cultivar trials. Crop Science. 33: 1186-1193.
- Ebdon, J.S. and Gauch, H.G. (2002a). Additive main effect and multiplicative interaction analysis of national turfgrass performance trials. Crop Science. 42: 489-496.
- Ebdon, J.S. and Gauch, H.G. (2002b). Additive main effect and multiplicative interaction analysis of national turfgrass performance trials: II Cultivar recommendation. Crop Science. 42: 497-506.
- Fasahat, P.A., Rajabi, S., Mahmoudi, M.A. and Noghabi, J.M. (2015). An overview on the use of stability parameters in plant breeding. Biometrics and Biostatistics International Journal. 2(5): 1-11.
- Gauch, H.G. (2013). A simple protocol for AMMI analysis of yield trials. Crop Science. 53: 1860-1869.
- Krishnamurthy, S.L., Sharma. P.C., Sharma. D.K., Singh, Y.P., Mishra, V.K. et al. (2021). Additive main effects and multiplicative interaction analyses of yield performance in rice genotypes for general and specific adaptation to salt stress in locations in India. Euphytica. 217: 1-20.
- Krishnamurthy, S.P., Sharma, D., Shrama, K., Ravikiran, Y., Singh, V., Mishra, D., Burman, B., Maji, S., Mandal, S., Sarangi (2017). Identification of mega-environments and rice genotypes for general and specific adaptation to saline and alkaline stresses in India. Science Reports. 7(1): 7968.
- Marathee, J.P. (1993). In: Structure and Characteristics of the World Millet Economy. Advances in Small Millets. [Riley, K.W., Gupta, S.C., Seetharam, A. and Mushonga, J.N., (eds.)]. New Delhi, India. Oxford and IBH. Pp. 159-178.
- Misra, R.C., Das, S. and Patnaik, M.C. (2009). Model analysis of stability and adaptability of late duration finger millet (Eleusine coracana). World Applied Sciences Journal. 6(12): 1650-1654.
- Mohammadi, R.K. and Nader, M. (2008). Stability analysis of grain yield in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). International Journal of Plant Breeding. 2(2): 74-78.
- Molla, F., Alemayehu, A. and Ketema, B. (2013). Ammi analysis of yield performance and stability of finger millet genotypes cross different environments. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 9(3): 231-237.
- Nadeem, F., Ahmad, Z.U., Hassan, M., Wang, R., Diao, X. and Li, X. (2020). Adaptation of Foxtail Millet (Setaria italica L.) to abiotic Stresses: A special perspective of responses to nitrogen and phosphate limitations. Frontiers in Plant Science. 11: 1871-11.
- Reza, A. and Mohammad, R. (2020). Multi environment evaluation of Foxtail millet advanced lines for forage yield stability. Genetika. 52(3): 835-850.
- Simon, Z.S. and Getachew, G. (2018). Ammi model analysis of stability and adaptability of finger millet (Eleusine coracana) genotypes in Southern Ethiopia. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture Research. 4(2): 29- 35.
- Wedajo, G., Tekle, Y., Getachew, G., Mehari, G. Mechical, Kebere, B., Zemach, S., Wondewosen, S. and Tibebu, S. (2018). Grain yield stability and adaptability of finger millet (Eleusine coracana) genotypes in Southern Ethiopia. International Journal of Research Studies in Science, Engineering and Technology. 5(3): 11-15.
- Yan and Rajcan, I (2002). Biplot evaluation of test sites and trait relations of soybean in Ontario. Crop Science. 42: 11-20.
- Zobel, R.W., Wright, M.J. and Gauch, H.G. (1988). Statistical analysis of a yield trial. Agronomy Journal. 80: 388-393.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.