Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Effects of Long-term Fertilization Systems on Heavy Metals Residues in Sod-podzolic Soil and Oats Yield
First Online 26-01-2021|
Methods: A stationary field experiment was established in 1978. The aftereffect of fertilization systems on oats has been studied since 2009. The aftereffect was studied in 2015-2016 and 2017. With one dose of organic fertilizer (compost based on cattle manure - cattle), over 30 years of experience, 17.4 tons of organic matter, 435 kg of total nitrogen, 198 kg of phosphorus (P2O5), 621 kg of potassium (K2O) entered the soil. A single calculated dose of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium corresponded to 25.5 kg of active ingredient per ha-1.
Result: With prolonged use of fertilizers, the content of heavy metals in the soil did not exceed the calculated permissible concentration. However, at a fivefold norm (N150P150K150 + 15 t ha-1), the cadmium content was overestimated. An ecologically justified dose of aftereffect in the Smolensk region on sod-podzolic soil should be considered a fourfold dose of mineral components and compost (N120P120K120 + 12 t ha-1).
- Aseeva, T.A. (2012). Potential productivity and environmental sustainability of grain varieties in the middle Amur region. Far Eastern Agricultural Bulletin. 1, 9 p.
- Bezuglov, V.G., Sinigovets, M.E., Kuzmich, M.A. Ezrokhin, L.M. (2011). Violation of the ecological balance on land contaminated with heavy metals. Agroecoinfo. 2. Access mode: http://agroecoinfo.narod.ru/journal.
- Chernova, O.V., Bezuglova, O.S. (2019). Experience in using data of background concentrations of heavy metals for regional monitoring of soil pollution. Pedology. 8: 1015-1016.
- Cyganov, A.R., Mishura, O.I. (2008). The yield and quality of oat grain when using mineral fertilizers, biological preparations and growth regulators. Fertility. 4, 11 p.
- Dabahov, M.V., Dabahova, E.V., Titova V.I. (2005). Ecotoxicology and problems of rationing: monograph. VVAGS, p. 16-20.
- Ellmer, F., Baumecker, M., Merbach, I. (2002). Nutritional and Environmental Research in the 21st Century- The Value of Long-term Field Experiments. Halle-Wittenberg, 114 p.
- Fedulova, A.D., Merzlaya, G.E., Postnikov, D.A. (2018). Agroecological aspects of long-term use of organic and mineral fertilizers on sod-podzolic soil. Agroecoinfo. 2. Access mode: http:// agroecoinfo.narod.ru/journal/TEXT/RUSSIAN/2018/st_220_ annot .html.
- Golubev, A.V. (1990). Fertilize without destroying (chemization of agriculture in the mirror of economic and environmental problems): monograph. Privolzhsky Publishing House, 200 p.
- Gordeev, A.M., Vjugin, U.A., Gordeev, U.A. (2001). Agroecological monitoring in the Smolensk region. Universe, 144-150 p.
- Islam, M. and Sebetha, E. (2020). Drybean yield under the influence of cultivar, phosphorus fertilizer rate and location. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 54(4): 536-540.
- Jakovlev, A.S., Makarov, O.A., Evdokimova, M.V., Ogorodnikov S.S. (2018). Land degradation and sustainable development issues. Pedology. 9: 1167-1174.
- Jakovlev, A.S., Makarov, S.V., Kiselev S.V. (2016). Ecological and economic assessment of land degradation. MAX Press, 56-78 p.
- Kostadinova, S., Panayotova, J. (2002). Energetical efficiecy of durum wheat fertilization. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science. 8: 555-560.
- Kozlova, A.V., Merzlaya, G.E., Zjabkina, G.A., Fomkina, T.P., Ponkratenkova, I.V. (2014). Productivity and quality of oat grain during cultivation in crop rotation and long-term use of organic and mineral fertilizers. Pedology. 1: 10 p.
- Kudeyarov, V.N. (2019). Soil and biogeochemical aspects of agriculture in the Russian Federation. Pedology. 1: 109-111.
- Malcev, V.F., Kayumov, M.K., Prosyannikov, E.V. (2002). System of biologization of agriculture in the non-Chernozem zone of Russia. Rosinformagrotech, 41-46 p.
- Minkina, T.M., Motuzova, G.V., Mandzhieva, S.S., Nazarenko, O.G., Burachevskaja, M.V., Antonenko, E.M. (2013). Fraction-group composition of Mn, Cr, Ni and Cd in soils of technogenic landscapes (Novocherkassk GRES district). Pedology. 4: 414-425.
- Minkina. T.M., Nevidomskaya, D.G., Pol’shina, T.N., Fedorov, Yu, A., Mandzhieva, S.S., Chaplygin, V.A., Bauer, T.V., Burachevskaya, M.V. (2017). Heavy metals in the soil-plant system of the Don River estuarine region and the Taganrog Bay coast. J. Soils Sediments. 17(5): 1474-1479.
- Novikov, S.G., Achmetova, G.V. (2018). Soils of different land-use categories in the city of Petrozavodsk. Pedology. 9: 1137-1141.
- Shanmugasundaram R., Malarkodi M. and Gokila B. (2019). Continuous application of fertilizer over four decades on yield, physical and chemical properties of swell - shrink soil under finger millet – maize cropping sequence. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 53(6): 687-692
- Slusar, I.A., Silaeva, O.P., Baburchenkova, Z.P. (2018). Dynamics of soil fertility indicators and use of chemicalization tools in the Smolensk region. Achievements of Science and Technology in Agriculture. 4: 10-15.
- Stewart, D., McDougall, G. (2014). Oat agriculture, cultivation and breeding targets: Implications for human nutrition and health. British Journal of Nutrition. 112: 850-857.
- Trotz, V.B. (2015). Influence of mineral fertilizers on the accumulation of heavy metals in the soil and phytomass of cereals. Grain farming in Russia. 1, 45 p.
- Waseem R., Hussain A, A Sheikh T., A.-ul-Haq, Allam I. and A Teli N. (2019). Direct and residual effect of organic and chemical sources of nutrients on fodder sorghum-fodder oat cropping sequence. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 53(1): 108-111.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.