Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
An Approach to Mapping Groundwater Recharge Potential Zones using Geospatial Techniques in Kayadhu River Basin, Maharashtra
First Online 18-06-2020|
- Aher, P.D. and Sharma, H.C. (2014). Morphometric characterisation of Gagar watershed in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand for management planning: A GIS approach. Agricultural Science Digest. 34: 163-170
- Basavaraj, H. and Nijagunappa, R. (2011). Identification of ground water potential zone using geoinformatics in Ghataprabha basin, North Karnataka, India. International Journal of Geomatics and Geosciences. 2: 91–109
- Bhattacharya, A.K. (2010). Artiûcial ground water recharge with a special reference to India. International Journal of Research and Reviews in Applied Sciences. 4(2): 214–21.
- Bouwer, H. (2002). Artiûcial recharge of groundwater: hydro-geology and engineering. Hydrogeol J. 10(1): 121–142.
- CGWB (2007). Manual on Artiûcial Recharge of Groundwater. Ministry of Water Resource Board, Government of India.
- CGWB (2013). Groundwater information Hingoli district Maharashtra. Ministry of Water Resources, Govt. of India. Nagpur.
- Chenini, I. Abdallah, B. Moufida, E.M. (2010). Groundwater Recharge Zone Mapping Using GIS-Based Multi-criteria Analysis: A Case Study in Central Tunisia, (Maknassy Basin). Water Resour Manage. 24: 921–939.
- El-Baz, F. and Himida, I. (1995). Groundwater potential of the Sinai Peninsula. Egypt, Project Summery, AID, Cairo.
- Freeze, R.A. and Cherry, J.A. (1979). Groundwater. Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs.
- Ghayoumian, J. Saravi, M.M. Feiznia, S. Nouri, B. Malekian, A. (2007). Application of GIS techniques to determine areas most suitable for artificial groundwater recharge in a coastal aquifer in southern Iran, Sciences, Journal of Asian Earth. 30: 364–74.
- Greenbaum, D. (1985). Review of remote sensing applications to groundwater exploration in basement and regolith, Brit Geol Surv Rep.
- Jaiswal, K. Mukherjee, S. Krishnamurthy, J. Saxena, R. (2003). Role of remote sensing and GIS techniques for generation of groundwater prospect zones towards rural development- an approach. International Journal of Remote Sensing. 24(5): 993–1008.
- Jasrotia, A.S. Kumar, R. Saraf, A.K. (2007). Delineation of ground water recharge sites using integrated remote sensing and GIS in Jammu district. Int J Remote Sens. 28: 5019–5036.
- Krishnamurthy, J. and Srinivas, G. (1995). Role of geological and geomorphological factors in ground water exploration: a study using IRS LISS data. Int J Remote Sens. 16: 2595– 2618.
- Krishnamurthy, J. Venkatesa Kumar, N. Jayaraman, V. Manivel, M. (1996). An approach to demarcate groundwater potential zones through remote sensing and geographic information system. Int J Remote Sens. 17: 1867–1884.
- Magesh, N.S. Chandrasekar, N. Soundranayagam, J.P. (2012). Delineation of groundwater potential zones in Theni district, Tamil Nadu, using remote sensing, GIS and MIF techniques. Geoscience Frontiers. 3(2): 189–96.
- Murthy, K.S.R. (2000). Groundwater potential in a semi-arid region of Andhra Pradesh-a geographical information system approach. Int J Remote Sens. 21: 1867–1884.
- Musa, K.A. Juhari Mat A. Abdullah I. (2000). Groundwater prediction potential zone in Langat Basin using the integration of remote sensing and GIS. The 21st Asian Conf on Remote Sensing, Taipei (Taiwan).
- Nagarajan, N. Singh, S. (2009). Assessment of groundwater potential zones using GIS technique. Indian Society of Remote Sensing. 37: 69–77.
- NATMO (2005). Thematic maps and atlas making, Under the ministry of Science and technology of India.
- O’Leary, D. Friedman, D. Poh, H. (1976). Lineaments, Linear, Lineations: Some Standards for Old Terms. Geological Society of America Bulletin. 87(10): 1463–69.
- Oberlander, T.M. (1989). Slope and pediment system. Arid Zone Geomorphology. 56–84.
- Raju, K.C.B. (1998). Importance of recharging depleted aquifers: State-of-the-art artificial-recharge in India. Journal of Geological Society of India. 51: 429-454.
- Riad, P.H. Billib, M. Hassan, A.A. Salam, M.A. El Din M.N. (2011b). Application of the overlay weighted model and Boolean logic to determine the best locations for artificial recharge of groundwater. Journal of Urban and Environmental Engineering. 5(2): 57-66.
- Saraf, A.K. and Choudhury, P.R. (1997). Integrated application of remote sensing and GIS for groundwater exploration in hard rock terrain. Symposium on Emerging Trends in Hydrology, Roorkee, India, 435-442.
- Saraf, A.K. and Choudhury, P.R. (1998) Integrated remote sensing and GIS for groundwater exploration and identification of artificial recharge sites. Int J Remote Sens. 19(10): 1825-1841.
- Sarup, J., Tiwari, M.K., Khatediya, V. (2011). Delineate groundwater prospect zones and identification of artiûcial recharge sites using geospatial technique. International Journal of Advance Technology and Engineering Research. 1: 6-20.
- Saud, M.A. (2010). Mapping potential areas for groundwater storage in Wadi Aurnah Basin, western Arabian Peninsula, using remote sensing and geographic information system techniques. Hydrogeol J. 18: 1481-95.
- Senanayake, I.P. Dissanayake, D.M.D.O.K. Mayadunna, B. Weerasekera, W.L. (2016). An approach to delineate groundwater recharge potential sites in Ambalantota, Sri Lanka using GIS techniques. Geoscience Frontiers. 7(1): 115–124.
- Sener, E. Davraz, A. Ozcelik, M. (2005). An integration of GIS and remote sensing in groundwater investigations: a case study in Burdur, Turkey. Hydrogeol J. 13: 826–834.
- Shaban, A. Khawlie, M. Abdallah, C. (2006). Use of remote sensing and GIS to determine recharge potential zone: the case of Occidental Lebanon. Hydrogeol J. 14: 433–443.
- Shahid, S. Nath, S.K. Roy, J. (2000). Groundwater potential modelling in a soft rock area using GIS. Int J Remote Sens. 21: 1919–1924.
- Solomon, S. and Quiel, F. (2006). Groundwater study using remote sensing and geographic information system (GIS) in the central highlands of Eritrea. Hydrogeol J. 14: 1029–1041.
- Sree Devi, P.O. (2003). Assessment of ground water resources of Pageru river basin, Cuddapah district andhra Pradesh. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 37:245-252
- Subagunasekar, M. and Sashikkumar, M.C. (2012). GIS for the assessment of the groundwater recharge potential zone in Karunkulam block, Thoothukudi district, Tamil Nadu, India. International Journal of Current Science. 159–162.
- Ta’any, R.A. (2011). Impact of Wala dam on groundwater enhance- -ment of Wadi Wala catchment area in Jordan. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 45: 255-265.
- Tweed, S.O., Leblanc, M., Webb, J.A., Lubczynski, M.W. (2007). Remote sensing and GIS for mapping groundwater recharge and discharge areas in salinity prone catchments, south eastern Australia. Hydrogeol J. 15: 75-96.
- Twidale, C.R. (2004). River patterns and their meaning. Earth Science Reviews. 67: 159-218.
- Weerasekara, W. Mayadunna, B.B. Senanayake, I.P. Dissanayake, D.M.D.O.K. (2014). Integrated remote sensing and GIS in lineament mapping for groundwater exploration-A case study in Ambalantota, Sri Lanka. South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine, Malabe, Sri Lanka, 62-65.
- Yeh, H.F., Cheng Y.S. Lin, H.I. Lee, C.H. (2016). Mapping ground water recharge potential zone using a GIS approach in Hualian River, Taiwan. Sustainable Environment Research. 26(1): 33-43.
- Yeh, H.F. Lee, C.H. Hsu, K.C. Chang, P.H. (2009). GIS for the assessment of the groundwater recharge potential zone, Environ Geol. 58: 185-95.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.