Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Sesbania aculeata a Cost Effective Alternative to Enhance the Soil Health and Productivity of Rice-Wheat System
First Online 22-08-2020|
Methods: In this experiment conducted during kharif and rabi seasons of 2014-15 and 2015-16 in on-going long term permanent manorial trial since 1984 at research farm (Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour, Bihar, India), twelve treatments were taken under RBD in four replications. Observations and analysis were carried out by following the standard procedures.
Result: The present investigation showed that combination of inorganic fertilizer and Sesbania aculeata helped in increasing yield as well as improving soil health. Sesbania aculeata can be used as a viable and cost effective alternative through partial substitution of inorganic fertilizers to enhance the soil health and productivity of rice-wheat system.
- Gangola, P., Singh, R., Bhardwaj, A.K. and Gautam, P. (2012). Effect of moongstrawon soil properties under INM in long-term rice-wheat cropping system in a Mollisol. International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Biotechnology. 5(3): 281-286.
- Maurya, B.M., Dhakad, S.S. and Tarwariya, M.K. (2014). Long term effect of NPK in rice-wheat cropping system under irrigated conditions of Madhya Pradesh. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 10(2): 541-545.
- Rangaswami, G. and Bagyaraj, D.J. (1993). Agricultural Microbiology 2nd Ed. PHI Learning Private Ltd. New Delhi. pp - 422.
- Satish, A., Hugar, A.Y., Kusagur, N. and Chanrappa, H. (2011). Effect of integrated nutrient management on soil fertility status and productivity of rice-maize sequence under permanent plot experiment. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 45(4):320-325.
- Sepehya, S., Subehia, S.K., Rana, S.S. and Negi, S.C. (2012). Effect of integrated nutrient management on rice-wheat yield and soil properties in a north western Himalayan region. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation. 40(2): 135-140.
- Singh, G., Kumar, D. and Sharma, P. (2015). Effect of organics, biofertilizers and crop residue application on soil microbial activity in rice-wheat and rice-wheat-mungbean cropping systems in the Indo-Gangetic plains. Cogent Geoscience. 1: 1085296.
- Wallia, M.K., Wallia, S.S. and Dhaliwal, S.S. (2010). Long term effect of integrated nutrient management of properties of Typic Ustochrept after 23 cycles of an irrigated rice-wheat system. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture. 34: 724-743.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.