Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Assessing Livelihood Vulnerability of Farmers’ in Backward Regions of India
First Online 15-07-2020|
- Ahlawat, S. and Dhian, K. (2015). “Climate change and food production in North West India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 49(6): 544-548.
- Alipour, A. and Hossein, Z. (2016). Difference in drought resistance among three Brassica species at different growing stages and application of zeolite. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 50(2): 193-196.
- Chingala, G., Mapiye, C., Raffrenato, E., Hoffman, L. and Dzama, K. (2017). Determinants of smallholder farmers’ perceptions of impact of climate change on beef production in Malawi. Climatic Change. 142: 129-141.
- Gill, K.K., Ritu, B., Buttar, G.S., Kingra, P.K. (2015). Impact of climate change on wheat productivity in Ludhiana and Bathinda of Punjab. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 49(4): 368-372.
- GoI (2017). Annual Report, Ministry of Earth Science. Government of India, New Delhi.
- Hahn, M.B., Riederer, A.M. and Foster, S.O. (2009). The livelihood vulnerability index: A pragmatic approach to assessing risks from climate variability and change – A case study in Mozambique. Global Environmental Change. 19(1): 74-88.
- IPCC. (2007). Climate change 2007: Impacts, adaptation and vulnerability. In: Working Group II Contribution to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Fourth Assessment Report. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 210-220.
- Karthika, M., Krishnaveni, V. Thirunavullarasu (2017). Forecasting of meteorological drought using ARIMA model. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 51(2): 103-111.
- Meena, M., Rajesh, T. and Karma, B. (2016). Adaptation and impact of zero tillage in the rice-wheat production system of Haryana. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 50(6): 584-588.
- Nazari, S., Gholamreza P. Rad, Hassan S., Hossein A. (2015). Vulnerability of Wheat Farmers: Toward a Conceptual Framework. Ecological Indicators. 52: 517-532.
- Pandey, R. and Shashidhar K. Jha. (2012). Climate vulnerability index - measure of climate change vulnerability to communities: a case of rural Lower Himalaya, India. Mitigation and Adaption Strategies to Global Change. 17: 487-506.
- Singh, N.P., Bhawna, A., Surendra, A., Arshad K. (2019). Mainstreaming climate adaptation in Indian rural developmental agenda: A micro-macro convergence. Climate Risk Management. 24:30-41.
- Sudha Rani, N.N.V., Satyanarayana, A.N.V, Bhaskaran, Prasad K. (2015). Coastal vulnerability assessment studies over India: A review. Natural Hazards. 77(1): 405-428.
- Singh, S. and Alka, S. (2019). Farmers’ perception of climate change and livelihood vulnerability in rainfed regions of India: A Gender-environment perspective. International Journal of Environment and Climate Change. 9(12): 878-889.
- Singh, S. (2020). Bridging the Gap between Biophysical and Social Vulnerability in Rural India: A Community Livelihood Vulnerability Approach. Area Development and Policy. 5(2): 1-24.
- Singh, (2020b). Farmers’ Perception of Climate Change and Adaptation Decisions: A Micro-level Analysis of Farmers in the Bundelkhand Region, India. Ecological Indicators. 116: 1-15.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.