Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Productivity, Profitability and Greenhouse Gas Emission from Rice-Wheat Cropping System under Different Tillage and Nitrogen Management Practices
First Online 11-01-2020|
- Ahlawat Savita, Kaur Dhian (2015). Climate change and food production in North West India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 49: 544-548
- Ahmad S, Li C, Dai G, Zhan M, Wang J, Pan S. (2009). Greenhouse gas emission from direct seeding paddy field under different rice tillage systems in central China. Soil and Tillage Research. 106(1): 54-61.
- Bhatia A, Aggarwal PK, Jain N, Pathak H. (2012). Greenhouse gas emission from rice and wheat-growing areas in India: Spatial analysis and upscaling. Greenhouse Gas Science Technology. 2(2): 115-125
- INCCA. (2011). India: greenhouse gas emission. Indian network for climate change assessment, Ministry of environment and forests, Government of India, New Delhi.
- IPCC. (2007). The physical science basis. In: Solomon S, Qin D, Manning M, Chen Z, Marquis M, Averyt KB, Tignor M, Miller HL (eds) Climate change: contribution of working group to the fourth assessment report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- IPCC. (2014). Summary for Policymakers. Climate change. Mitigation of Climate change: contribution of working group III to the Fifth Assessment report of intergovernmentalpanel on climate change. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Jain N, Dubey R, Dubey DS, Singh J, Khanna M, Pathak H, Bhatia A. (2013) Mitigation of greenhouse gas emission with system of rice intensification in the Indo-Gangetic Plains. Paddy Water Environment. 12(3): 355-363
- Jat RK, SapkotaTek B, Singh Ravi G, Jat ML, Kumar Mukesh, Gupta Raj K. (2014). Seven years of conservation agriculture in a rice– wheat rotation of Eastern Gangetic Plains of South Asia: Yield trends and economic profitability. Field Crops Research. 164: 199–210.
- Liu S, Zhao C, Zhang Y, Hu Z, Wang C, Zong Y. (2015). Annual net greenhouse gas balance in a halophyte (Helianthus tuberosus) bioenergy cropping system under various soil practices in Southeast China. GCB Bioenergy. 7(4): 690-703.
- Mauriya AK, Maurya VK, Maurya KK. (2015). Site-specific nutrient management in rice-wheat cropping system. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing 164.
- Pathak H, Bhatia A, Jain N. (2014). Greenhouse gas emission from Indian agriculture: Trends, mitigation and policy needs. Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, 39.
- Raju, R., Thimmappa, K and Tripathi R.S. 2012. Economics of zero tillage and conventional methods of rice and wheat production in Haryana. Journal of Soil Salinity and Water Quality. 4(1): 34-38.
- Sapkota TB, Jat ML, Shankar V, Singh LK, Rai M, Grewal MS, Stirling CM. (2015). Tillage, residue and nitrogen management effects on methane and nitrous oxide emission from rice–wheat system of Indian Northwest Indo-Gangetic Plains. Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences. 12(1): 31-46.
- Shang Q, Yang X, Gao C, Wu P, Liu J, Xu Y, Shen Q, Zou J, Guo S. (2011). Net annual global warming potential and greenhouse gas intensity in Chinese double rice-cropping systems: a 3-year field measurement in long-term fertilizer experiments. Global Change Biology. 17: 2196–2210.
- Sharma, A.K., Thakur, N.P., Kour, M and Sharma, P. 2007. Effect of integrated nutrient management on productivity, energy use efficiency and economics of rice-wheat system. Journal of Farming System Research and Development. 13(2): 209-213.
- Singh Avtar, Kaur Raminder, Kang JS (2014). Low carbon technologies for different cropping systems-a review. Agricultural Reviews. 35: 92-102.
- Singh Avtar, Kumar Rajneesh (2014).Tillage with crop residue and nitrogen to enhance the productivity of direct seeded rice. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 48: 222-226.
- Singh H, Singh UP, Singh HP, Singh Y. (2018). Effect of crop establishment and nutrient management on productivity and profitability of rice under rice-wheat system. International Journal of Chemical Studies. 6(4): 165-170.
- Wassmann R, Lantin RS, Neue HU, Buendi, LV, Corton TM, Lu, Y. (2000). Characterization of methane emissions from rice fields in Asia Mitigation options and Future research needs. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. 58(1-3): 23-36.
- Zhang Li, Zheng Jianchu, Chen Liugen, Shen Mingxing, Zhang Xin Zhang, Mingqian Bian, Xinmin Zhang, Jun, Zhang Weijian. (2015). Integrative effects of soil tillage and straw management on crop yields and greenhouse gas emissions in a rice–wheat cropping system. European Journal of Agronomy. 63: 47–54.
- Zheng XH, Wang MX, Wang YS, Shen RX, Li J (1998). Comparison of manual and automatic methods for measurement of methane emission from rice paddy fields. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences. 15(4): 569–579.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.