- AICCIP (All India Coordinate Cotton Improvement Project) –Annual Report 2018-19.
- Awan H U, Awan I U, Mansoor M, Khakwani A A , Khan M A, Farullah G and Khattak B. (2012). Effect of defoliant application at different stages of boll maturity and doses of sulphur on yield and quality of upland cotton. Sarhad Journal of Agriculture. 28: 245-247.
- Bourland F M, Benson N R, Vories E D, Tugwell N P and Danforth D M. (2001). Measuring maturity of cotton using nodes above white flower. Journal of Cotton Science. 5:1-8.
- Cathey G W. (1986). Physiology of defoliation in cotton production. Cotton Physiology. 143–54.
- Çopur O, Ufuk D, Refik Polat and Mehmet Atilla Gür. (2010). Effect of different defoliants and application times on the yield and quality components of cotton in semi- arid conditions. African Journal of Biotechnology. 9: 2095-2100.
- Denizdurduran N and Efe L. (2009). The influence of defoliation timing on yield and quality properties of cotton (G. hirsutum L.) under kahramanmara conditions. The 8th National Field Crops Congress of Turkey, Proceedings of Industry Plants. 2:19-22.
- Gormus O, Kurt F and El Sabagh A. (2017). Impact of defoliation timings and leaf pubescence on yield and fiber quality of cotton. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology. 19: 903-915.
- Gwathmey C O, Bednarz C W, Fromme D D, Holman E M and Miller D K. (2004). Response to defoliation timing based on heat-unit accumulation in diverse field environments. Journal of Cotton Science. 8: 142-153.
- Gwathmey C W and Hayes R. (1997). Harvest aid interactions under different temperature regimes in field grown cotton. Journal of Cotton Science. 1: 1–9.
- Karademir E, Karademir C and Basbag S. (2007). Determination the effect of defoliation timing on cotton yield and quality. Journal of Central European Agriculture. 8(3): 357-362.
- Kulvir Singh, Pankaj Rathore and Gumber R K. (2015). Impact of harvest-aid defoliants on yield of american cotton and their monetary evaluation. VEGETOS. 28 (2): 41-46.
- Larson J A, Gwathmey C O and Hayes R M. (2002). Cotton defoliation and harvest timing effects on yields, quality and net revenues. Journal of Cotton Science. 6: 13-27.
- Malik M N and Din S. (1997). Efficacy of thidiazuron defoliant in cotton cultivars varying in maturity. The Pakistan Cottons. 41: 36–42.
- Michelotto M D, Galli, J A and Netto J C. (2013). Effect of level and time defoliation on the agronomic traits of cotton cultivars. Bioscience Journa. 29: 1806-14.
- Mrunalini K, Sree Rekha M and Murthy V R K. (2018). Effectiveness of harvest – aid defoliants and environmental conditions in high density cotton. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 7(2): 2312-2316.
- Mrunalini K, Sree Rekha M, Murthy V R K and Jayalalitha K. (2019). Impact of harvest-aid defoliants on yield and economics of high density cotton. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 53 (1): 116-119.
- Singh Kulvir, Singh Harmandeep, Singh Kuldeep and Rathore Pankaj. (2013). Effect of transplanting and seedling age on growth, yield attributes and seed cotton yield of Bt Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum). Indian Journal of Agricultural Science. 83:508-13.
- Singh K, Rathore P and Singh K. (2014). Dose and time dependent efficacy alteration of different defoliants on seed cotton yield. Journal of Environmental Biology. 36: 891-895.
- Snipes C E and Baskin C C. (1994). Influence of early defoliation on cotton yield, seed quality and fibre properties. Field Crop Research. 37:137-143.
- Stewart A M, Keith L. Edmisten and Randy Wells. (2000). Boll openers in cotton: effectiveness and environmental influences. Field Crop Research. 67:83–90.
- Teshaev S H. (2007). Defoliation and seed. Journal of Agriculture - Uzbekistan. 2: 15.
- Whitwell T, Brown S M and Mcguire J A. (1987). Influence of application date on harvest aids for cotton. Applied Agricultural Research. 2: 15-19.
Submitted Date : 7-06-2019
Accepted Date : 22-11-2019