Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Designer Seed for Enhancement of Yield in Cotton
First Online 11-01-2020|
- Aisha, A. H., Rizk, F. A., Shaheen, A. M. and Abdel-Mouty M. M. (2007). Onion plant growth, bulb yield and its physical and chemical properties as affected by organic and natural fertilization. Res. J. Agric. Biol. Sci. 3(5): 380-388.
- Bennett, M., Fritz, V. A. and Callan, N. W. (1992). Impact of seed treatments on crop stand establishment. Hort. Tech. 2: 345-349.
- Cavallet, L. E., Pessoa, A. C. D. P. and Helmich, J. J. (2000). Corn productivity in response to nitrogen application and seed inoculation with Azospirillum spp. Revista Brasileira deEngluharia Agricolal Ambiental. 4(1): 129-132.
- Chachalis, D. and Smith, M. L. (2001). Hydrophobic polymer application reduces imbibition rate and partially improves germination or emergence of soybean seedlings. Seed Sci. and Technol. 29: 91-98.
- Chen, H., Jiang, S., Zhou, J., Zhao, Y., Zhao, Y. and Wang, J. (2004). Super absorbent polymer seed coating and its effect on physiological features of corn seed. Natural Sci. 27(3): 30-35.
- Chikkanna, C. S., Thimmegowda, Paramesh, R. and Devakumar, N. (2000). Hydrophilic polymers seed treatment on seed quality and yield in finger millet, cowpea and groundnut. Seeds and Farms. 85: 39-45.
- Duan, X. and Burris, J. S. (1997). Film coating impairs leaching of germination inhibitions in Development, Chinese Association of Agricultural Sciences, DOA, Ministry of Agriculture, Beijing, China Agriculture Press, pp. 737-747.
- Gomez, K. A. and Gomez, A. A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research. John Willey and Sons, New York.
- Harman, G. E. (2006). Overview of mechanisms and uses of Trichoderma spp. Phytopathology, 96:190-194.
- Kavitha, S. (2002). Seed hardening and pelleting for maximising the productivity of blackgram [Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper] cv. Vamban 3 under rainfed conditions. M.Sc. (Ag.) thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Lal, G., Saini, I.P., Mehta, R.S., Maheria, S.P. and Yash Sharma. (2013). Effect of irrigation and different seed treatment methods on growth and yield of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum L.). Int. J. Seed Spices. 3(2): 29-33.
- Marimuthu, A. (2007). Comprehensive seed enhancement technique for direct sown rice (Oryza sativa L.) cv. CO43. M.Sc., (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Natesan P. (2006). Designing integrated seed treatment in black gram [Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper] for irrigated and rainfed ecosystem. Ph.D. Thesis. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University. Coimbatore.
- Nisha Chandran. (2003). Standardization of acid delinting, storability of acid delinted seeds and polymer seed coating in cotton cv. MCU5. M.Sc. (Ag) Thesis. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Coimbatore.
- Ponnuswamy, A. S. and Vijayalakshmi, V. (2011). Effect of seed fortification with bio -inoculants, nutrients and growth regulators on seed germination and seedling vigour of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum), brinjal (Solanum melongena) and chilli (Capsicum annum). Madras Agric. J. 98 (7-9): 251-252.
- Praveena, K. (2005). Seed quality enhancement techniques in cotton (Gossypium spp). M.Sc., (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Rajasekaran, R. (2004). Investigation on seed production, enhancement and storage techniques in Brinjal hybrid COBH 1 (Solanum melongena L.) and its parental lines. Ph.D. Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Rana, K. S., Ashok Kumar and Gautam, R. C. (2001). Effect of starch polymer Jalashakthi on yield attributes, yield and water use efficiency of mustard under rainfed conditions. Crop Res. 22(3): 395-397.
- Sabir-Ahamed A. (2003). Hybrid seed yield maximization through supplemental nutrition, hybrid vigour assessment and seed quality enhancement by polykote coating in ADTRH 1 and CORH 2 rice hybrids and their parents. Ph.D. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Saritha Devi, J. (2004). Studies on film coating technique to improve field performance of sorghum cv. APK 1. M. Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Senhur Kumaran, S., Natarajan, S., Muthvel, J. and Sathiyamurthy, V. A. (2001). Standardization of hydrophilic polymers on growth and yield of tomato. J. Madras Agric. 88(1-3): 103-105.
- Shakuntala, N. M., Vyakaranahal, B. S., Shankergouda, I., Deshpande, V. K., Pujari, B. T. and Nadaf, H. L. (2010). Effect of seed polymer coating on growth and yield of sunflower hybrid RSFH-130. Karnataka J. Agric. Sci. 23 (5): 708-711.
- Sherin, (2003). Film coating technology using polykote for maximizing the planting value, growth and productivity of maize cv. CO 1. M. Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Sunil Kumar, S., Rajeswari, B., Meena Kumari, K.V. S., Ganesh, M. and Ankaiah, R. (2009). Evaluation of seed treatments using bio- agents and fungicides on seed quality and yield of soybean genotypes. J. of Oil Seeds Res. 26: 520-523.
- Vegulla, S. (2008). Standardization of polymer coating technology for mechanization in maize hybrid COH (M) 5 M. Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Taiz, L. and Zeiger, E. (2002). Plant Physiology. 3rd ed, Sinaure Associates, Inc. Publishers, Su and Land, Massachusetts.
- Vinitha, G. (2006). Flim coating and pelleting technology to augment the seed quality in tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) cv. PKM1. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Woodard, H. J. and Bly, A. (2000). Maize growth and yield responses to seed inoculated N2 fixing bacteria under dry land production conditions. J. Plant Nutrition. 23 (1): 55-65.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.