Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Studies on drying characteristics and techno-economic analysis of sprouted moth beans (Vigna aconitifolia) in solar tunnel dryer
First Online 29-04-2019|
- Arjoo, Yadvika, and Yadav, Y. K. (2017). Performance evaluation of a solar tunnel dryer for around the year use. Curr. Agri. Res., 5(3): 414-21.
- Badgujar, C. M., Karpe O. S. and Kalbande, S. R. (2018). Techno-economic evaluation of solar tunnel dryer for drying of basil (Ocimum sanctum). Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 7 (07):
- Bakshi, P., Bhushan, B., Wali, V. K., Bakshi, M., Sharma, A. and Bhat, D. J. (2013). Standardization of drying method and organoleptic evaluation of wild pomegranate (anardana) seeds. World J. Agric. Sci. 9(5): 397-400.
- Bala, B. K. (2016). Drying and storage of cereal Grains. doi:10.1002/9781119124207. Retrieved from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/ doi/book/10.1002/9781119124207.
- Bishnoi, S. (1992). Effect of domestic processing and cooking methods on nutritional value of peas (Pisum sativum). MSc Thesis, pp. 1–234, Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, India.
- Chakraverty, A. (1988). Post-harvest Technology of Cereals, Pulses and Oil Seed. Oxford and IBH Pub. Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Dehli, Pp.33-39.
- De-Ell, J. R., Vigneault, C., Favre F., Rennie, T., and Khanizadeh, S. (2000). Vacuum cooling and storage temperature influence the quality of stored Mung bean sprouts. Hort Sci., 35(5):891-893
- Dhanore, R. T, and Jibhakate, Y. M. (2014). Performance evaluation of solar tunnel dryer for drying agricultural product. J Envi. Sci. Comp. Sci. Engg. Tech. Vol. 3(3):1690-95.
- Dixit, R. R, and Swami, S. C. (2016). Total antioxidant capacity of some common seeds and effect of sprouting and its health benefits. Int. J. of Chemical Studies. 4(2): 25-27.
- Dulawat, M. S., Parakhia, A. M., Kunjadia, B. B. and Joshi, N. S. (2012). Solar Tunnel Dryer for Rural Area. J. Envi. Sci. Comp. Sci. Engg. Technol. Res. Vol. 1(1): 1-4.
- Fudholi, A., Sopian, K., Yazdi, M. H., Ruslan, M. H., Gabbasa, M. and Kazem, H. A. (2014) Performance analysis of solar drying system for red chili. Solar Energy 99: 47–54.
- Garg, H. P, and Kumar, R. (2000). Studies on Semi-Cylindrical solar tunnel dryer: thermal performance of collector applied thermal and engineering. J. Renewable Energy. 20: 115-131.
- Hota, M., Dahiya, D. S., and Sharma, D. K. (2017). Effect of various drying methods on quality of Pomegranate (punica granatum l.) Arils. The bioscan 12(2): 851-854.
- Kalbande, S. R. (2016). Thin layer drying of sweet neem, basil leaves and moth beans. IJPRET,. 4 (8): 421-429.
- Kenghe R. N., Yewale M. V. and Kanawade V. L. (2006). Effect of different drying techniques on dehydration of sprouted moth Bean (Vigna acontilifolia). Leg. Genomics and Gen. 7(7):1-5.
- Manjarekar, R.G. and Mohod, A.G. (2010). Economic evaluation of solar tunnel dryer for drying peeled prawns. Int. J. of Agric. Engg.. 3(1): 68-72.
- Mastekbayeva, G. A., Leon, M. A., and Kumar, S. (1998). Performance evaluation of a solar tunnel dryer for chilli drying. ASEAN Seminar and Workshop on Drying Technology. Phitsanulok, Thailand.
- Nagarajan, S., and Prem kumaar M. (2014). Analysis of thermal performance in solar dryer. IOSR J. Mech. Civil Engg. (IOSR-JMCE). 11(3 II), 71-74.
- Prakash, T. B., and Satyanarayana G. (2014). Performance analysis of solar drying system for Guntur chilli. Int. J. Latest Trends in Engg. Technol. (IJLTET). 4(2):283-98.
- Prasad, J., Prasad, A. and Vijay, V. K. (2006). Studies on the drying characteristics of zingiber officinale under open sun and solar biomass (hybrid) drying. Int. J. Green Energy 3(1):79-89.
- Ranganna, S. (1986). Handbook of Analysis and Quality Control for Fruits and Vegetable Products. Tata McGraw Hill Publishing, New Delhi.
- Sengar, S. H., Burbade, R. G., Divyesh, B. and Parmar, A. (2018). Evaluation of solar tunnel dryer for green leaves drying. J. Postharvest Technol. 6(2): 38-48.
- Sood, M., Malhotra, S. R. and Sood, B. C. (2002). Effect of processing and cooking on proximate composition of chickpea varieties. J. Food Sci. Technol. 39: 69–71
- Thakre, P. S., Deshmukh, S. S., Jain, P. (2016). Design, fabrication and performance analysis of solar tunnel dryer using various absorber materials. Int. Adv. Res. J. in Sci., Engg. Tech. 3(6): 190-97.
- Tiwari, A. K. and Shivhare, A. K. (2016). Pulses in India: retrospect and prospects. DPD/Pub.1/Vol.2. Published by Director, Govt. of India, Ministry of Agri. and Farmers Welfare (DACandFW), Directorate of Pulses Development, Vindhyachal Bhavan, Bhopal, MP.-462004.
- Vijayakumar, A. G., Koraddi, S., Kallesh, D. T., Hundekar, S. T., and Boodi, I. H. (2016). Genetic variability studies in moth bean [vigna conitifolia (jacq.) Marechal] in a semi-arid Environment of north Karnataka. The bioscan: Supplement on Genetics and plant breeding . 11(2):1017-21.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.