Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Response of zinc application on growth, zinc content and grain yield of rice genotypes and correlation between zinc content and yield attributes of rice genotypes
First Online 01-12-2018|
- Alloway, B.J. (2004). Zinc in Soils and Crop Nutrition. IZA Publications, International Zinc Association, Brussels, pp: 1-116.
- Bodruzzaman, M., Sadat, M. A., Meisner, C. A., Hossain, A.B.S. and Khan, H.H. (2002). Direct and residual effect of applied organic manures on yield in a wheat rice cropping pattern. Symp. 17th WCSS, 14-21 Aug.2002, Thialand, No. 05, p. 781.
- Boonchuay, P., Cakmak, I., Rerkasem, B. and Prom-U-Thai, C. (2015). Effect of different foliar zinc application at different growth stages on seed zinc concentration and its impact on seedling vigor in rice. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr.,59: 180– 188.
- Cakmak, I., (2008). Enrichment of cereal grains with zinc: Agronomic or genetic biofortification. Plant Soil, 302: 1-17.
- Dobermann, A. and Fairhurst, T. (2000). Rice: Nutrient disorders and nutrient management. IRRI, Manila, Philippines.
- Erenoglu, B., Eker, S., Cakmak, I., Derici, R. and Romheld, V. (2000). Effect of iron and zinc deficiency on release of phytosiderophores by barley cultivars differing in zinc efficiency. J. Plant Nutr, 23:1645-1656.
- Fageria, N. K., Baligar, V. C. and Clark, R. B. (2002). Micronutrients in crop production. Adv. Agron., 77: 185–268.
- Ghani, A., Shah, M. and Khan. D.R. (1990). Response of rice to elevated rates of Zn in mountainous areas of Swat. Sarhad J. Agric, 6 (4): 411-415.
- Graham, R. D. and Rengel, Z. (1993). Genotypic variation in Zn uptake and utilization by plants. In: A. D. Zinc in Soils and Plants, (Ed. Robson), Kluwer, Dordrecht. The Netherlands, pp. 107–114.
- Hafeez, B., Khanif, Y.M., Samsuri, A.W., Radziah, o., Zakaria, W. and Saleem, M. (2013). Direct and residual effect of zinc on zinc efficient and inefficient rice genotypes grown under less zinc content submerged acidic condition. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal, 44(15):2233-2252.
- Mandal, B., Chatterjee, J., Hazra, G.C. and Mandal, L.N. (1992). Effect of preflooding on transformation of applied zinc and its uptake by rice in lateritic soils. Soil Science, 153: 250-257.
- Maqsood, M., Irshad, M., Wajid, S. A. and Hussain, A. (1999) Growth and yield response of Basmati 385 (Oryza sativa L.) to zinc sulphate application. Pakistan J. Biol. Sci., 2: 1632-1633.
- Marschner, H. (1995). Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plants, 2nd Ed. Academic Press, London, p. 889.
- Mc Donald, G. K., Genc, Y. and Graham, R. D. (2008). A simple method to evaluate genetic variation in grain zinc concentration by correcting for differences in grain yield. Plant Soil, 306: 49–55.
- Palmgren, M.G., Clemens, S., Williams, L., Kramer, U., Borg, S., Schjorring, K. and Sanders, D. (2008). Zinc biofortification of cereals: problems and solutions. Trends Plant Sci, 13: 464–473.
- Panse, V. G. and Sukhatme, P. V. (1967). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers, ICAR, New Delhi, pp. 167-174.
- Phattarakul, N., Rerkasem, B. and Li, L.J. (2012). Biofortification of rice grain with zinc through zinc fertilization in different countries. Plant and Soil, 361: 131–141.
- Sands, D.C., Morris, C.E., Dratz, E.A. and Pilgeram,A.L. (2009). Elevating optimal human nutrition to a central goal of plant breeding and production of plant-based foods. Plant Sci. 177, 377–389.doi:10.1016/j.plantsci.2009.07.011.
- Sestak, Z., Catasky, J. and Jarris, P.G. (1971). Plant Photosynthetic Production Manual of Methods, Edition. Junk W.N.V., Publication. The Hague, pp.348-381.
- Singh, M.V. (2009). Micronutrient nutritional problems in soils of India and improvement for human and animal health. Indian J. Fer.,5(4): 11-16, 19-26 and 56.
- Slaton, N. A., Wilson, C. E., Ntamatungiro, S., Norman, R. J. and Boothe, D. L. (2001). Evaluation of zinc seed treatments for rice. Agron. J., 93: 152–157.
- Snedecor, G. W. and Cochran, W. G. (19670, Statistical Methods, oxford and IBH publishing company, New Delhi, pp. 370-373.
- Wissuwa, W., Abdelbagi, M., Ismai. and Graham, R.D. (2008). Rice grain zinc concentrations as affected by genotype, native soil-zinc availability, and zinc fertilization. Plant and Soil, 306:37–48.
- Yoshida, S., McLean, G.W., Shafi, M. and Mueller, K.E. (1971). Effects of different methods of zinc application on growth and yields of rice in a calcareous soil, West Pakistan. Soil Sci. and Plant Nutr.,16:147–149.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.