Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Response of pigeonpea to season, halopriming and plant bioregulators intervention in relation to plant physiology and yield potential
First Online 26-03-2019|
- Agarwal, A.K., Kumar, P., Alka. (1983). Influence of morphactin and gibberellic acid on plant growth, stolon development, tuberization and yield in potato exposed to varying photoperiods. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology, 24 : 285-291.
- Arjunan, N. and Srinivasan, P.S. (1989). Pre-sowing seed hardening for drought tolerance in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Madras Agricultural Journal, 76: 523-526.
- Aurovinda Das and Rajendra Prasad. (2004). Effect of plant growth regulators on greengram (Phaseolus radiatus). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 74: 271-272.
- Bhattacharya, A. and Sharma, D.K. (2001). Flower drop in pigeonpea: Effect of physiological traits under normal and late seeding. Legume Research, 24: 231-237.
- Craufurd, P.O. and Wheeler,T.R. (2009). Climate change and the flowering time of annual crops. Journal of Experimental Botany, 60:2529-2539.
- Girish, C.P., Gupta, B., and Pandey,N. (2012). Improving reproductive efficiency of chickpea by foliar application of zinc. Brazilian Journal of Plant Physiology, 24:http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/s1677-04202012000300004.
- Gomez, K.A. and Gomez, A.A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research. John Willey and Sons, New York.
- Henckel, P.A. (1964). Physiology of plants under drought. Annual Review of Plant Physiology, 15: 363-386.
- Jagadish, S.V.K., Craufurd, P.Q., Wheeler, T.R. (2008). Phenotyping parents of mapping populations of rice for heat tolerance during anthesis. Crop Science, 48:1140-1146.
- Jeyakumar, P. and Thangaraj, M. (1998). Physiological and biochemical effects of mepiquat chloride in groundnut (Archis hypogaea). Madras Agricultural Journal, 85 : 23-26.
- Katti, V.S., Sheelavantar, M.N., Malipatil, T.B., Bellakki, M.A. (1999). Effect of intercropping of short, medium and long duration pigeonpea (Cajanus cajana L.) with groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) on dry matter production and its accumulation in different parts. Annals of Plant Physiology, 13: 1-4.
- Kiran, B.A., Venkatesh Dore ,M. and Megha, B.R.(2016). Relationship of flowering pattern and pollen sterility on productivity of chickpea genotypes under temperature regimes. Indian J. Agric. Res., 50 : 520-527.
- Kittock, D.L. and Law, A.G. (1968). Relationship of seedling vigour, respiration and tetrazolium chloride reduction by germination of wheat seeds. Agron. J, 60 : 286-288.
- Kumar, T. , Samaiya, R.K., Singh, Y., Dwivedi, S.K. and Meena, K.C. (2016). Effect of foliar application of plant growth retardants on growth, yield and yield attributing parameters of soybean (Glycine max L.) Merrill. International Journal of Agriculture Sciences, 8: 2158-2162
- Luck, H.(1974). Assay of catalase. In : Methods in Enzymatic Analysis 2 (Ed Bergmeyer), Academic Press, New York : p. 885.
- Luib, M., Koehle, H., Hoeppner, P., Rademacher, W. (1987). A new growth regulator for use in oilseeds rape. In : Plant Growth Regulators for Agricultural and Amenity Use. [Ed. Hawkins, A. F., Stead, A. D. and Pinfield, N. J]., BCPC Publications, Monograph No. 36, p. 37-43.
- Maguire, I.D. (1962). Speed of germination aid in selection and evaluation for seedling emergence and vigour. Crop Sci, 2 : 176-177.
- Mcpherson, H.G., Warrington, I.J., Turnbull, H.L. (1985). The effects of temperature and daylength on the rate of development of pigeonpea. Ann. Bot, 56: 597-611.
- Mehrotra, O.N., Garg, R.C., Iqbal, S. (1970). Effect of CCC (2-chloro methyl trimethyl ammonium chloride) on growth and yield of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus L. moench). Indian journal of Plant Physiology, (13) : 173-179.
- Mohammad Torkaman, Bahram Mirshekari, Farhad Farahvash, Mehrdad Yarnia , Ali ashraf Jafari. (2018). Effect of sowing date and different intercropping patterns on yield and yield components of rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) and chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Legume Research, 41. 10.18805/LR-394.
- Nam, N.H., Subbarao, G.V., Chauhan, Y.S. and Johansen, C. (1998). Importance of canopy attributes in determining dry matter accumulation of pigeonpea under contrasting moisture regimes. Crop Science, 38: 955-961.
- Rabi, K.A.E., Bondok, M.A., Anta, H.M. (1991). Effect of cycocel (CCC) on shedding of buds, flowers and immature pods in Vicia faba plants. Annuals of Agricultural Sciences, 36:53-60.
- Ries, S.R. and Houtz, R. (1983). Triacontanol as a plant growth regulator. Horticultural Sciences, 18:654-662.
- Saxsena, K.B. (1996). Rapid generation turnover in short duration pigeonpea. International Chickpea and Pigeonpea Newsletter, 3: 57-59.
- Sairam, R.K. (1994). Effect of homo brassinolide application on plant metabolism and grain yield under irrigated and moisture stress conditions of two wheat. Plant Growth Regul, 14:173-181.
- Sumathi, A., Babu Rajendra Prasad,V., Mallika Vanangamudi. (2018). Influence of plant growth regulators on yield and yield components in pigeonpea. Legume Research, 41: 392-398
- Tezuka, T., Takahara, C., Yamamoto, Y. (1989). Aspects regarding the action of CCC in hollyhock plants. J Exp Bot : 40(6):689–692.
- Udensi, O.U., Edu, E.A., Ikpeme, E.V., Ntia, M.I. (2013). Response of pigeonpea landraces to exogenous application of plant growth regulators. Annual Review and Research in Biology, 3: 762-776.
- Zhang, C., He, P., Du, D., Yu, Z., Hu, S. (2010). Effect of Zinc sulphate and PEG priming on ageing seed germinaton and antioxidase activity of perilla frutescens seedling. Zhongguo Zhong YaoZaZhi, 35 :2372-77
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.