Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Characterization, classification and evaluation of major soils in Sollapura sub-watershed of Chikmagalur district in Karnataka for sustainable crop production
First Online 30-08-2019|
- Basava raju, D., Naidu, M.V.S., Ramavatharam, N., Venkaiah, K. Ramarao, G. and Reddy, K.S. (2005). Characterization, classification and evaluation of soils in Chandragiri mandal of Chittoor district, Andhra Pradesh. Agropedology 15: 55-62.
- Buol, S.W., Hole, R.D., McCracken, R.J. and Southard, R.J. (1998). Soil Genesis and Classification. 4th ed., Panima Publishing Corporation, New Delhi.p.165
- Childs, C.W. and Wilson, A.D. (1983). Iron oxide minerals in soils of the Haapai group, Kingdom of Tonga. Aust. J. Soil Res., 21: 489-503.
- Jackson, M.L. 1973. Soil Chemical Analysis, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.pp253-256
- Jenny, H. (1941). Factors of Soil Formation Mc Graw-Hill Inc., New York.pp173-174
- Klich, I., Wilding, L. P. and Pfordresher, A. A. (1990). Close interval spatial variability of Udertic Paleustalfs in East Central Texas. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 54: 489-494.
- Klingebiel, A.A. and Montgomery, P.H. (1966). Land capability classification. Agriculture Handbook No 210, USDA, Washington, DC.
- Schwertmann, U. and Taylor, R.M. (1977). Iron oxides. Minerals in Soil Environments (eds. Dixon, J.B. and Weed, S.W.). Soil Science Society of America, Madison, Wisconsin, pp.145-180.
- Sehgal, J. L., Saxena, R.K. and Vadivelu, S. (1987). Soil Resource Mapping of Different States in India. Field Manual. Technical Bulletin 13. NBSS&LUP (ICAR), Nagpur, India.
- Shrikant, N., Deshmukh and Bapat, M.V. (1993). Characterization and classification of soils in relation to different parent rocks and landforms. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 41: 326-330.
- Soil Survey Staff. (2003). Soil Taxonomy. A Basic System of Soil Classification for Making and Interpreting Soil Surveys. United States Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C., USA.pp123-124
- Thangasamy, A., Naidu, M.V.S., Ramavatharam, N. and Raghava Reddy, C. (2005). Characterization, classification and evaluation of soil resources in Sivagiri micro-watershed of Chittoor district in Andhra Pradesh for sustainable land use planning. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 53: 11-21.
- Torrent, J., Nettleton, W. D. and Borst, G. (1980). Clay illuviation and lamella formation in a Psammentic Haploxeralf in Southern California. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 44: 363-369.
- Wakene Negassa. (2001). Assessment of important physicochemical properties of Dystric Udalf (Dystric Nitosols) under different management systems in Bako area, Western Ethiopia. MSc Thesis, Alemaya University, Alemaya, Ethiopia. 93p.
- Wani, S.P. and Sidhu,G.S. (2009). Land Use Planning in Integrated Watershed Development Program for Improving Livelihoods. Indian Society of Soil Science Platinum Jubilee Symposium - Proceedings, pp 154-164.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.