Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Effect of Soil Moisture and Determination of Critical Soil Moisture Contents of Cassava
First Online 11-08-2020|
- Aina, O.O., Dixon, A.G.O. and Akinrinde, E.A. (2007). Effect of soil moisture stress on growth and yield of cassava in Nigeria. Pak. J. Biol. Sci. 10(18): 3085-3090.
- Bielorai, H. (1973). Prediction of irrigation needs. Arid Zone Irrigation. pp: 359-368.
- Cao, Y.H., Zhou, B.Z., Xia, N.I., Ge, X.G. and Wang, X.M. (2018). The dynamic change of leaf water potential for Moso bamboo under throughfall exclusion. Forest Research. 31(4): 183-191.
- El-Sharkawy, M.A. and Cock, J.H. (1987). Response of cassava to water stress. Plant Soil. 100: 345-360.
- El-Sharkawy, M.A., de Tafur, S.M. and Lopez, Y. (2012). Cassava productivity, photosynthesis, ecophysiology and response to environmental stresses in the tropics: A multi disciplinary approach to crop improvement and sustainable production, In: Ospina, B., Ceballos, H. (Eds.), Cassava in the Third Millennium: Modern Production.
- Hsiao, T.C. (1993). Effect of drought and elevated CO2 on plant water use efficiency and productivity. Interacting Stresses on Plants in a Changing Climate. pp: 435-465.
- Kahlon, M.S. (2017). Effect of planting methods and irrigation levels on water productivity of onion (Alleium cepa L.). Indian J. Agric. Res. 51(5): 510-513.
- Miyashita, K., Tanakamaru, S., Maitani, T. and Kimura, K. (2005). Recovery responses of photosynthesis, transpiration and stomatal conductance in kidney bean following drought stress. Environ. Exp. Bot. 53(2): 205-214.
- Odubanjo, O.O., Olufayo, A.A. and Oguntunde, P.G. (2011). Water use, growth and yield of drip irrigated cassava in humid tropical environment. Soil and Water Res. 6(1): 10-20.
- Office of Agricultural Economics. (2017). Agricultural Statistics of Thailand 2016. Office of Agricultural Economics, Ministry for Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand.
- Olanrewaju, O.O., Olufayo, A.A., Oguntunde, P.G. and Ilemobade, A.A. (2009). Water use efficiency of Manihot esculenta Crantz under drip irrigation system in South Western Nigeria. European Journal of Scientific Research. 27(4): 576-587.
- Oshunsanya, O.S. and Nwosu, J.N. (2018). Soil-water-crop relationship: a case study of cassava in the tropics. DIO: 10. 5772/intechopen.71968
- Piyachomkwan, K. and Tanticharoen, M. (2011). Cassava industry in Thailand: Prospects. JRIT. 3: 160-170.
- Polthanee, A., Janthajam, C. and Promkhambut, A. (2014). Growth, yield and starch content of cassava following rain-fed lowland rice in Northeast Thailand. Int. J. Agric. 9(6): 319-324.
- Polthanee, A. and Srisutham, M. (2018). Growth, yield and water use of drip irrigated cassava planted in the late rainy season of Northeastern Thailand. Indian J. Agric. Res. 52(5): 554-559.
- Samutthong, N., Sarobol, E., Vichukit, V. and Thongpae, S. (2007). Effects of amount and rate of watering on cassava growth and yield potential. Proceedings of the 45th Kasetsart University Annual Conference 2007, Bangkok, Thailand, pp: 75-82. (in Thai).
- Sato, T., Abdalla, O. S., Oweis, T. Y. and Sakuratani, T. (2006). The validity of predawn leaf water potential as an irrigation- timing indicator for field-grown wheat in northern Syria. Agric. Water Manag. 82(1-2): 223-236.
- Thailand Board of Investment. (2017). Thailand Investment Review. 27(9): 1-12.
- Tolk, J.A. (2003). Soils, permanent wilting points. Encyclopedia of Water Science. 5: 927-929.
- Udomprasert, N. (2015). Plant Physiology under Stress Conditions. Chulalongkorn Publisher University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Upchurch, R. P., Peterson, M. L. and Hagan, R. M. (1955). Effect of soil-moisture content on the rate of photosynthesis and respiration in Ladino clover (Trifolium Repens L.). Plant Physiol. 30(4): 297.
- Zgallaï, H., Steppe, K. and Lemeur, R. (2006). Effects of different levels of water stress on leaf water potential, stomatal resistance, protein and chlorophyll content and certain antioxidative enzymes in tomato plants. J. Integr. Plant Biol. 48(6): 679-685.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.