Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Morpho-physiological and oxidative responses of nitrogen and phosphorus deficiency in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)
First Online 17-02-2018|
- Aebi, H. (1984). Catalase in vitro. Methods in Enzymology, 105: 121-126.
- Andrews, M., Hodge, S., Raven, J. A. (2010). Positive plant microbial interactions. Annals of Applied Biology, 157: 317-320.
- Beauchamp, C. and Fridovich, I. (1971). Superoxide dismutase: improved assays and an assay applicable to acrylamide gels. Analytical Biochemistry, 44: 276-287.
- Buchanan-Wollaston, B., Earl, S., Harrison, E., Mathas, E., Navabpour, S., Page, T. (2003). The molecular analysis of leaf senescence – a genomic approach.Plant Biotechnology,11: 3-22.
- Corpas, F.J., Barroso, J.B., Del-Rio L.A. (2001). Peroxisomes as a source of reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide signal molecules in plant cells. Trends in Plant Science,6: 145-150.
- Correa-Aragunde, N., Graziano, M., Lamattina, L. (2004). Nitric oxide plays a central role in determining lateral root development in tomato. Planta,218: 900–905.
- Duff, S.M., Moorhead, G.B., Lefebvre, D.D., Plaxton, W.C., Duchein, M.C. (1989). Phosphate starvation inducible by passes of adenylate and phosphate dependent glycolytic enzymes in Brassica nigra suspension cells. Plant Physiology,90:1275–1278.
- FAO (2017). Food Outlook, www.fao.org/3/a-i7343e.pdf
- Fujita, K., Kai. Y., Takayanagi, M., El-Shemy, H., Adu-Gyamfi, J. J., Mohapatra, P. K. (2004). Genotypic variability of pigeonpea in distribution of photosynthetic carbon at low phosphorus level. Plant Science, 166: 641–649.
- Gratão, P. L., Polle, A., Lea, P. J., Azevedo, R. A. (2005). Making the life of heavy metal-stressed plants a little easier. Functional Plant Biology, 32(6): 481-494.
- Heath, R. L. and Packer, L. (1968). Photoperoxidation in isolated chloroplasts: I. Kinetics and stoichiometry of fatty acid peroxidation. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 125(1): 189-198.
- Huang, Z. A., Jiang, D. A., Yang, Y., Sun, J. W., Jin, S. H. (2004). Effects of nitrogen deficiency on gas exchange, chlorophyll fluorescence, and antioxidant enzymes in leaves of rice plants. Photosynthetica, 42(3): 357-364.
- Kandlbinder, A., Finkemeier, I., Wormuth, D., Hanitzsch, M., Dietz, K.J. (2004). The antioxidant status of photosynthesizing leaves under nutrient deficiency: redox regulation, gene expression and antioxidant activity in Arabidopsis thaliana. Physiology of Plant,120: 63–73.
- Khavari-Nejad, R. A., Najafi, F., Tofighi, C. (2013).The effects of nitrate and phosphate deficiencies on certain biochemical metabolite in tomato plant. Journal of Stress Physiology and Biochemistry,9: 65-73.
- Ladha, J.K., Pathak, H., Krupnik, T.J., Six, J., Van Kessel, C. (2005). Efficiency of fertilizer nitrogen in cereal production: retrospects and prospects. Advances in Agronomy,87: 85-156.
- Mohan, S., Singh, M., Kumar, R. (2015). Effect of nitrogen, phosphorus and zinc fertilization on yield and quality of kharif fodder-A review. Agricultural Reviews, 36 (3): 218-226.
- Ranjan, R. D., Gontia, A. S., Pal, A. K., Kumar, S., Kumar, B., Bhamini, K., Kumari, N. (2016). Morphological and physiological responses of dual purpose wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) to nitrogen and seed rates: A review. Agricultural Reviews, 37(4): 279-289.
- Rubio-Welhelmi, M.M., Sanchez-Rodriguez, E., Rosales, M.A., Begona, B., Rios, J.J., Romero, L., Blumwald, E., Ruiz, J. (2011). Effect of cytokinin on oxidative stress in tobacco plants under nitrogen deficiency. Environmental and Experimental Botany,72: 167-173.
- Shaw, D. R., Peeper, T. F., Basler, E. (1985). Effect of nitrogen and phosphorus status on the translocation of three herbicides in field bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis L.). Plant growth Regulation, 3(1): 79-86.
- Shin, R., Berg, R.H., Schachtman, D.P. (2005). Reactive oxygen species and root hairs in Arabidopsis root response to nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium deficiency. Plant and Cell Physiology, 46: 1350–1357.
- Sinclair, T. and Vadez, V. (2002). Physiological traits for crop yield improvement in low N and P environments. Plant and Soil,245: 1-15.
- Sinha, A. K. (1972). Colorimetric assay of catalase. Analytical biochemistry, 47(2): 389-394.
- Tewari, R.K., Kumar, P., Sharma, P.N. (2007). Oxidative stress and antioxidant responses in young leaves of mulberry plants grown under nitrogen, phosphorus or potassium deficiency. Journal of Integrared Plant Biology,49: 313–322.
- Tewari, R.K., Kumar, P.,Tewari, N., Srivastava, S., Sharma, P.N. (2004). Macronutrient deficiencies and differential antioxidant responses- influence on the activity and expression of superoxide dismutase in maize. Plant Sciences,166: 687–694.
- Wang, R. (2003). Microarray analysis of the nitrate response in Arabidopsis roots and shoots reveals over 1,000 rapidly responding genes and new linkages to glucose, trehalose-6-phosphate, iron, and sulfate metabolism. Plant Physiology,132: 556–567.
- Yemm, E.W. and Willis, A.J. (1954). The Estimation of carbohydrate in the plant extract by anthrone reagent. Journal of Biochemistry, 57:508-514.
- Zhang, Z., Liao, H., Lucas, W.J. (2014). Molecular mechanism underlying phosphate sensing, signaling and adaptation in plants. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology,56: 192- 220.
- Zhao, D., Reddy, K.R., Kakani, V.G., Reddy, V.R. (2005). Nitrogen deficiency effects on plant growth, leaf photosynthesis, and hyperspectral reflectance properties of sorghum. European Journal of Agronomy,22: 391–403.
- Zhu, X.K., Jing, Z.Q., Feng, C.N., Guo, W.S., Peng, Y.X. (2012). Responses of phosphorus use efficiency, grain yield and quality to phosphorus application amount of weak-gluten wheat. Journal of Integrative Agriculture, 11: 1103–1110.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.