Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Effect of herbicides on the activity of soil enzymes urease in maize crop
First Online 05-06-2018|
- Abbas, Z.M. Akmal, K.S. Khan and Fayyaz-Ul-Hassan, (2015). Response of soil microorganisms and enzymes activity to application of buctril super (Bromoxynil) under rainfed conditions. International Journal of Agriculture Biology. 17: 305 312
- Baboo,M. Pasayat, M. Samal, A. Kujur, M. Maharana, J.K and Patel, A.K. (2013).Effect of four herbicides on soil organic carbon, microbial biomass-c, enzyme activity and microbial populations in agricultural soil. International Journal of Research in Environmental Science and Technology, 3(4): 100-112.
- Balasubramanian, A. Bagyaraj, D.J and Rangaswami, G. (1970). Studies on the influence of foliar application of chemicals on the microflora and enzyme activities in the rhizosphere. Plant and Soil. 32: 198-206.
- Bharathi,J.M. Balachandar,D. Narayanan, R and Kumar, K. (2011). Impact of fertigation on soil microbial community and enzyme activities cropped with maize under precision farming system. The Madras Agricultural Journal.98 (1-3):84-88.
- Bouyoucos, G.J. (1962). Hydrometer method improved for making particle size analyses of soils. Agronomy. Journal. 54:464-465.
- Cerevelli, S. Nannipieri, P. Giovannini, G and Perna, A. (1975). Jackbean urease inhibition by substituted urease. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology. 5: 221 – 225.Commodity profile - Maize, 2014. Krishijrishijavran.com
- Davies, H.A and Greaves, M.P. (1981). Effects of some herbicides on soil enzyme activities. Weed Research. 21: 205-209.
- Ismail, B.S. Omar. O & Ingon D.. (1996). Effects of metolachor on the activities of four soil enzymes. Microbios 87: 239-248.
- Jackson, M.L. (1973). Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India Private Limited., New Delhi.
- Karanth, N.G. Chitra, K.C and Vasantharajan, V.N. (1975). Effect of fungicide dexon on the activities of some soil enzymes. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 13: 52-54.
- Kavitha, M.P. Ganesaraja, V. Paulpand,V.K and Subramanian, R.B. (2011). Rhizosphere enzyme activities as influenced by age of seedlings, weed management practices and humic acid application under system of rice intensification. Indian Journal of Agriculture Research. 45(2):151 – 155.
- Latha, P.C and Gopal, G. (2010). Influence of herbicides on cellulolytic, proteolytic and phosphate solubalizing bacteria. International Journal of Plant Protection. 3(1): 83-88.
- Olsen, S.R. Cole, C.V. Watanabe, F.S and Dean, L.A. (1954). Estimation of available phosphorus in soils by extraction with sodium bicarbonate. Circulation from USDA, 939.
- Pandey, R. R. Sharma, G. Tripathi, S. K. Singh, A. K. (2007). Litter fall, litter decomposition and nutrient dynamics in subtropical natural forest and managed plantations in northeastern India. For. Ecol. Manag. 240 96-106
- Patel, V. J. Upadhyay, P.N. Patel, J.B and Meisuriya, M.I. (2006). Effect of herbicide mixture on weeds in kharif maize (Zea mays L.) under middle Gujarat conditions. Indian Journal of Weed Science. 38 (1&2): 54-57.
- Perucci, P and Scarponi, L. (1994). Effects of herbicide imazethapyr on soil microbial biomass and various soil enzyme activities. Biology and Fertility of Soils. 17: 237-240.
- Rai, T.N and Yadav, J. (2011). Influence of organic and inorganic nutrient sources on soil enzyme activities. Journal of Indian Society of Soil Science. 59 (1): 54 – 59.
- Ramudu, A.C. Mohiddin, G.J. Srinivasulu, M. Madakks, M. Ranagaswamy (2011). Impact of fungicides chlorothalonil andpropiconazole on microbial activities in groundnut soils ISRN microbiology
- Rasool, N and Reshi Z.A (2010)Effect of the fungicide Mancozeb at different application rates on enzyme activities in a silt loam soil of the Kashmir Himalaya, India International Society for Tropical Ecology 51(2): 199-205,
- Reddy, T.P. Padmaja, G and Rao, P.C. (2011). Integrated effect of vermicompost and nitrogen fertilizers on soil urease enzyme activity and yield of onion-radish cropping system. Indian Journal of Agriculture Research. 45(2): 146-150.
- Sebiomo, A. Ogundero, V.W and Bankole, S.A. (2011). Effect of four herbicides on microbial population, soil organic matter and dehydrogenase activity. African Journal of Bio-technology. 10(5): 770-778.
- Singh, R. (2014). Influence of pendimethalin with different fertilizer on soil enzyme activities in Bulandshahr soil.International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 4(5): 1-6
- Sireesha, A., .Rao. P.C, Ramalaxmi, C.S and Swapna, G. (2012). Effect of pendimethalin and oxyfluorfen on soil enzyme activity. Journal of Crop and Weed 8 (1): 124 – 128.
- Subbaiah, B.V and Asija, G.L. (1956). A rapid procedure for the determination of available nitrogen in soils. Current Science. 25: 259- 260.
- Tabatabai, M.A and Bremner, J.M. (1972). Assay of urease activity in soils. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. 4: 479-487.
- Tripathi, G and Sharma, B.M. (2006). Interaction of above and below ground bioresources for improvement of chemical and biological health of soil. CientificaJaboticabal. 34:75 – 91.
- Vandana, J.L., Rao, P.C and Padmaja,G(2012)Effect of herbicides and nutrient management on soil enzyme activity, Journal of Rice Research. 5 (2012) 1-2.
- Voets, J.P., Meerschman, P and Verstraete, W. (1974). Soil microbiological and biochemical effects on long-term atrazine application. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. 6: 149-152.
- Walakley, A and Black, C.A. (1934). Estimation of organic carbon by chromic acid titration method. Soil Science. 37: 29-38.
- Weaver, M. Zablotowicz, R. and Locke, M. (2004). Laboratory assessment of atrazine and fluometuron degradation in soils from a constructed wetland. Chemosphere, 57: 853-86
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.