Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Morphological characterization of sweet potato cultivars during growth, development and harvesting
First Online 17-02-2018|
- Antiaobong EE. (2007). Life cycle, economic threshold and control of Sweet potato weevils, Cylaspuncticollis Boh (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. Ph.D Thesis submitted to Michael Okpara University of Agriculture. Umudike - Nigeria, pp. 3 – 5.
- Anyaegbunam HN, Asumugha GN, Mbanasor EO, Ezulike TO and Nwosu KI. (2008). Guide to Improved sweet Potato Production in Nigeria. National Root Crops Research Institute, Umudike, Extension Guide. 24: 1-9.
- Anyaegbunam HN, Nwosu AC and Mbanasor JA. (2011). Spatial price analysis of Sweet potato marketing in southeast agro ecological zone, Nigeria. The Nigerian Agri. J. 42: 130-137.
- Austin DF and Huaman Z. (1996). A synopsis of Ipomoea (Convolvulaceae). In: The Americas Taxon. 45:3–38.
- FAO (2011). Food and Agricultural Statistical Database Available from; http://faostat.fao.org.
- Laurie SM and Niederwieser JG. (2004). The Sweet potato plant. In Niederwieser, J. G. (ed.) Guide to Sweet potato production in South Africa. Agri. Res. Council. 1: 7-14.
- Marter AD and Timmins WH. (1992). Small scale processing of sweet potato in sichuan province, P. R. China. Tropical Science. 32: 241-250.
- Njoku JC, Muoneke CO, Okocha PI and Ekeleme F. (2009). Effect of propagule size and intra-row spacing on the growth and yield of Sweet potato in a humid agro-ecological zone. Nigerian Agri. J. 40(1): 115-124.
- Nwankwo IIM, Bassey EE, Afuape SO, Njoku J, Korieocha DS, Nwaigwe, G and Echendu TNC. (2012). Morpho-Agronomic characterization and evaluation of in-country sweet potato accessions in south-eastern Nigeria. J. Agri. Sci. 4(11): 281-288.
- Okonkwo JC. (2002). Effect of time of introducing Soybean into Potato on the performance of Potato/Soybean intercrop in Jos Plateau, Nigeria. J. Sust. Agri. Envt. 4(2): 185-191.
- Ray RC and Ravi V. (2005). Post-harvest spoilage of sweet potato and its control measures. Critical Review of Food Sci. Nutr. 35: 623-644.
- Sivakumar PS. (2003). Sweet potato: A crops for food and nutritional security in Orissa. Orissa Review. Pp. 61-64.
- Srinivas T. (2009). Economics of sweet potato production and marketing, in: Loebenstein, G and Thottapilly, G (Eds.). The sweet potato, Spring Science Business Media, BV 2009, 436-447.
- Tortoe C. (2010). Microbial deterioration of white variety Sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L.) under different storage structures. Inter. J. Plant Bio. 1(1):10-15.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.