Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Antioxidant activity in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) cultivars under the pathogenesis of foliar fungal disease complex
First Online 17-02-2018|
- Anjum, T., Fatima, S. and Amjad, S. (2012). Physiological changes in wheat during development of loose smut. Tropical Plant Pathology, 37(2): 102-107.
- Apel, K. and Hirt, H. (2004). Reactive oxygen species: Metabolism, oxidative stress and signal transduction. Annu. Rev. Plant Biol., 55: 373–399.
- Avasthi, S. (2014). Alteration in the Properties of Aloe vera due to Fungal Infection. Ph.D Thesis submitted to Jiwaji University, Gwalior, M.P.
- Balbi-Peña, M. I., Schwan-Estrada, K. R. F. and Stangarlin, J. R. (2014). Oxidative burst and the activity of defense-related enzymes in compatible and incompatible tomato-Alternaria solani interactions. Semina: Ciências Agrárias, Londrina, 35 (5): 2399-2414. DOI: 10.5433/1679-0359.2014v35n5p2399.
- Bhattacharya, A. and Shukla, P. (2000). Changes in activity of some phenol related enzvmein fieldpea leaves infected with powdery mildew under rainfed and irrigated condition. Indian J. Agric. Res., 34 (3): 147-151.
- El-Kholi, M. A. and Esh, A. M. H. (2011). Comparative structural and biochemical study on calcium effects on Cercospora leaf spot disease of sugar beet. J. Plant Prot. and Path., Mansoura Univ., 2 (1): 85 – 97.
- Esterbauer, H., Schwarql, E. and Hayn, M. (1977). A rapid assay for catechol oxidase and laccase using 2-nitro-5-thiobenzoic acid. Anal. Biochem.,77: 486-494.
- Friend, J. (1980). Role of Phenolic compounds in disease resistance of plant to fungal pathogen. In: Recent advances in biology of microorganism. Ed. Bilgramiana Vyas. 2: 353-363.
- Joshi, L. N., Gupta, P. P., Gupta, V. and Kumar, S. (2004). Biochemical factors in Cluster bean that impart Alternaria blight resistance. J. Mycol. Pl. Pathol., 34(2): 581-583.
- Kiprovski, B., Malencic, Dj., Popovic, M., Budakov, D., Stojšin, V. and Baleševic-Tubic, S. (2012). Antioxidant systems in soybean and maize seedlings infected with Rhizoctoniasolani. Journal of Plant Pathology, 94 (2): 313-324.
- Lakshmi, J. S., Kuberan, T., Anburaj, J., Sundaravadivelan, C., Kumar, P. and Dhanaseeli, M. (2011). Effect of plant growth promoting fungal inoculant on the growth of Arachis hypogea (l.) and it’s role on the induction of systemic resistance against Rhizoctonia solani.International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology, 2 (2): 222-232.
- Luck, H. (1974). In: Methods in Enzymatic Analysis II (ed.)Bergmeyer.(Publ.) Academic Press, New York. pp. 885.
- Mellersh, D. G., Foulds, I. V., Higgins, V. J. and Heath, M. C. (2002). H2O2 plays different roles in determining penetration failure in three diverse plant-fungal interactions. Plant J.,29: 257–268.
- Mohamed, H., EL-Hady, A. A., Mansour, M. and El-Samawaty, A. E. (2012). Association of oxidative stress components with resistance to flax powdery mildew. Tropical Plant Pathology, 37 (6): 386-392.
- Moron, M. S., Depierre, J. N. and Mannervik, V. C. (1979). Levels of glutathione, glutathione reductase and glutathione s- transferase activities in rat lung and liver. Biochem.Biophys.Acta, 582: 67-68.
- Naglaa, A. A. and Heba, I. M. (2011). Impact of secondary metabolites and related enzymes in flax resistance and or susceptibility to powdery mildew. World J. Agric. Sci., 7: 78–85.
- Padmavathi, P. (2005). Conservation and management of water in safflower, Carthamust inctorius L. A review. J. Oilseeds Res., 22 (1): 5 – 11.
- Parihar, P. S., Prakash, O. and Punetha, H. (2012). Investigation on defensive enzymes activity of Brassica juncea genotypes during pathogenesis of Alternaria blight. Nature and Science, 10 (2): 63-68.
- Patil, H. S. and Deshmukh, R. B. (2000). Yield stability in safflower- A review. Agric. Rev., 21(1): 45-52.
- Pradeep Kumar, S. and RanjithaKumari, B. D. (2013). Antioxidant and In situ Chitinase gel activity in Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L). World Applied Sciences Journal, 24 (1): 46-52.
- Rosenberg, H. R. (1992). Chemistry and physiology of vitamins. Interscience Publishers., New York: pp-452-453.
- Sadasivam, S. and Manikam, A. (1992). Biochemical methods for Agricultural Science, (Publ.) Willey, Eastern Ltd. pp-105.
- Sadasivam, S. and Manikam, A. (1996). “Biochemical methods”, Second Edn. Wiley Eastern, Delhi.pp-250.
- Saini, R. S., Arora, Y. K., Chawla, H. K. I. and Wagle, D. S. (1988). Total phenol and sugar content in wheat cultivars resistant and susceptible to Ustilagonuda. Biochem. Physiol.Pflanzen., 133: 89-93.
- Simon, K. U., Polanschütz, L. M., Koffler, B. E. and Zechmann, B. (2013). High resolution imaging of temporal and spatial changes of subcellular ascorbate, glutathione and H2O2 distribution during Botrytis cinerea infection in Arabidopsis. PLoSONE, 8 (6): e65811. Doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0065811.
- Sutare, M. S. and Kareppa, B. M, (2013). Studies on deterioration of biochemical contents of Adhatodazeylanica(Medic) due to fungal contamination. Sci. Res. Rep., 3: 41-43.
- Zarger, S. A., Rizvi, G., Parashar, R. and Paijwar, M. S. (2014). Impact of Alternaria alternata on organic components of mango leaves. Mycopath, 12 (2): 129-131.
- Zechmann, B. (2014). Compartment-specific importance of glutathione during abiotic and biotic stress. Frontiers in Plant Science, 5 (566):1-11.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.