- Akram, M., Ashraf, M.Y., Waraich, E.A., Hussain, M., Hussain, N. and Mallahi, A.R. (2010). Performance of autumn planted maize (Zea mays L.) hybrids at various nitrogen levels under salt affected soils. Soil & Environment, 29: 23-32.
- Ali Reza Nemati and Raouf Seyed Sharifi. (2012). Effects of rates and nitrogen application timing on yield, agronomic characteristics and nitrogen use efficiency in corn. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences, 4: 534-539.
- Dhillon, S.S., Cheema, S.S., Sandhu, S.S. and Sharma, J.S. (1987). Response of maize and wheat in a sequence to different levels of preparatory tillage at varying levels of N and P. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 32: 347-350.
- Gasim, S.H. (2001). Effect of nitrogen, phosphorus and seed rate on growth, yield and quality of forage maize (Zea mays L.). M.Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum.
- Giller, K.E. (2002). Targeting management of organic resources and mineral fertilizers: Can we match scientists’ fantasies with farmer’s realities? In: Integrated Plant Nutrient Management in Sub-Saharan Africa. [Vanlauwe, B., Diels, J., Sanginga, N. and Merckx, R. (Eds.)]. CAB International, Wallingford, UK. pp. 155-171.
- Mercy, Z., Chandrasekhar, K. and Subbaiah, G. (2012). Response of maize (Zea mays L.) to planting densities and nitrogen levels under late rabi conditions. Andhra Agricultural Journal, 59: 517-519.
- Muranyi, E. and Pepo, P. (2013). The effects of plant density and row spacing on the height of maize hybrids of different vegetation time and genotype. International Journal of Biological, Biomolecular, Agricultural, Food and Biotechnological Engineering, 7: 1011-1014.
- Padmaja, M., Srilatha, D. and Rao, K.L. (1999). Effect of nitrogen on nutrient uptake in maize (Zea mays L.) types. Journal of Research, 27: 112-114.
- Reddy, B.G.M., Pattar, P.S. and Kuchanur, P.H. (2005). Response of rice to poultry manure and graded levels of NPK under irrigated condition. Oryza, 42: 109-111.
- Rizwan, M., Maqsood, M., Rafiq, M., Saeed, M. and Zahid Ali. (2003). Maize (Zea mays L.) response to split application of nitrogen. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 5: 19-21.
- Sangakkara, U.R., Bandaranayake, P.S.R.D., Gajanayake, J.N. and Stamp, P. (2004). Plant populations and yield of rainfed maize grown in wet and dry seasons of the tropics. Maydica, 49: 83-88.
- Sangoi, L. (2001). Understanding plant density effects on maize growth and development: an important issue to maximize grain yield. Ciencia Rural, 31: 159-168.
- Singh, D. and Singh, S.M. (2006). Response of early maturing maize (Zea mays) hybrids to applied nutrients and plant densities under agro-climatic conditions of Udaipur in Rajasthan. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 76: 372-374.
- Sowers, K.E., Pan, W.L., Miller, B.C. and Smith, J.L. (1994). Nitrogen use efficiency of split nitrogen applications in soft white winter wheat. Agronomy Journal, 86: 942-948.
- Sreelatha, D., Lakshmi, Y. S., Anuradha, M. and Reddy, R. R. (2012). Interactive effects of plant population and fertility levels on the productivity of maize under rice-maize system. In: Proceeding International Maize Conference. 22-24 November 2012, Gorontalo. pp. 97-102.
- Vega, C.R.C., Andrade, F.H. and Sadras, V.O. (2001). Reproductive partioning and seed set efficiency in soybean, sunflower and maize. Field Crop Research, 72: 165-173.
- Verma, B.S. and Singh, R.R. (1976). Effect of nitrogen, moisture regime and plant density on grain yield and quality of hybrid maize. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 21: 441-445.
- Zamir, M.S.I., Ahmad, A.H., Javeed, H.M.R. and Latif, T. (2011). Growth and yield behaviour of two maize hybrids (Zea mays L.) towards different plant spacing. Cercetari Agronomice in Moldova, 14: 33-40.
Submitted Date : 21-04-2017
Accepted Date : 2-09-2017