Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Effect of PGRs combination on pre-harvest fruit drop of Khasi mandarin (Citrus reticulata Blanco.)
First Online 27-04-2017|
The synthetic auxin like 2,4-D, 2,4,5-T and NAA were investigated on ten (10) years old tree to study the effect of different combinations of PGR on pre-harvest fruit drop at Bodak village under East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh, India during the year 2014-2015. Result showed maximum fruit retention in T6 Urea 1% + 2, 4- @ 15ppm (45.4%) followed by T5 NAA@5ppm + 2,4-D@10ppm (44.3%) resulting significantly increased the total number of fruits in (T6) (244.3 fruits / tree) followed by T5 (241.6 fruits/tree) as compared to control (17.3% fruit retention and 181 fruits/ tree) Hence, the combination of recommended dose of fertilizer i.e. 400:400:900g NPK/plant/year along with Urea 1% + 2, 4- @ 15ppm foliar spraying thrice during April, July and September can be used to control the fruit drop in Khasi mandarin.
- Amiri N.A, Arzani K and Asadi AK 2012. Reduction in June Drop, a Way to Reduce Losses of Satsuma (Citrus unshiu). Acta Hort.: 928
- Anonymous 2014. All India area and production of fruits and vegetables. Indian Hort. Database, National Horticultural Board, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India. pp. 3-4. (http.//www.nhb.gov.in)
- Anthony MF and Charles W (2001). NAA and 3,5,6-TPA control matire fruit drop in california citrus. HortScience 36 (7): 1296-1299.
- Aranguren M, Alfaro D and Castro YO 1988. Efecto de aplicaciones precosecha de 2,4-D sobre el desarrollo del fruto y el control de la caídas por rajaduras em naranja ‘Valência’. Ciênc. Tec. Agric. Cítricos Otros Frutales, 11, 113-120.
- Hazarika BN and Singh SR (2013). Book on Good agricultural practices in khasi mandarin, Published under the CCS on horticulture Mission for NE and Himalayan States, College of Horticulture & Forestry, CAU, Pasighat, A.P.
- Barros SA (1992). Efeitos da aplicação pré-colheita de fitorreguladores, no desenvolvimento final e maturação do fruto da tangerineira ‘Ponkan’ (Citrus reticulata Blanco). Dissertação (Mestrado), Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Brazil.
- El-kobbia AM, Kassem HA, Marzouk H and Abo-Elmagd M (2011). Enhancing cropping of Navel orange by different agrochemical foliar sprays. Emir.J.Food agric. 23 (1): 95-102.
- Malik R P, Ahlawat V P and Nain A S (2000). Effect of foliar spray of urea and zinc sulphate on yield and fruit quality of Kinnow-a mandarin hybrid. Haryana Journal of Horticultural Sciences. 29(1/2): 37-38.
- Monselise SP and Goren R (1978), The role of internal factors and exogenous control in flowering, peel growth, and abscission in citrus. Hortscience, 13, 134-139.
- Stewart WS and Hield HZ (1950). Effects of 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid and 2,4,5-Trichlorophenoxyacetic acid on fruit drop, fruit production, and leaf drop of lemon trees. Proc. Am. Soc. Hortic. Sci., 55, 163-171.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.