- Abdollahi, L. and Munkholm, I.J. (2014). Tillage system and cover crop effects on soil quantity: 1. Chemical, mechanical and biological properties. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 78: 262-270.
- Aboagye, L.M. (2005). Variation in yield of Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans HOUTTI) in relation to temperature and rainfall in Ghana. Ghana Journal of Horticulture. 4: 12-18.
- Buchi, L., Wendling, M., Amosse, C., Necpalova, M. and Charles, R. (2018). Importance of cover crops in alleviating negative effects of reduced soil tillage and promoting soil fertility in a winter wheat cropping system. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment. 256: 92-104.
- Carsky, R.J., Becker, M., Hauser S. (2001). Mucuna cover crop fallow systems: potentials and limitations. In: Tian et al., (eds.). Sustaining soil fertility in West Africa. SSSA Special publications 58. Soil Science Society of America Inc. American Society of Agronomy Inc., Madison, WI, USA pp 111-136.
- Garcia-Gonzalez, I., Hontoria, C., Gabriel, J. L., Alonso-Ayuso and Quemada, M. (2018). Cover crops to mitigate soil degradation and enhance soil functionality in irrigated land. Geoderma. 322: 81-88.
- Hauser S. and Nolte, C. (2002). Biomass production and N fixation of five Mucuna pruriens var utilis crop on the growth of maize (Zea mays) on arid soils in Southern Nigeria. Field Crop Research. 18: 135-140.
- Hoorman, J.J. (2009). Using cover crops to improve soil and water quality. Fact sheet, Ohio State University Extension, Lima, Ohio, USA.
- Horst, W.J. and Haerdter, R. (1994). Rotation of maize with cowpea improves yield and nutrient use of maize compared to maize monocropping in an alfisol in the northern Guinea savanna of Ghana. Plant and Soil. 160: 171-183.
- Ile, E., Hamadina, M.K., Henrot, J. and Tariah, N. (1996). Residual effects of previous Mucuna pruriens on the performance of maize. In Neeteson J.J. and Henrot J. (eds.). The role of Plant Residues in Soil Management for Food Production in the Humid Tropics. DLO-AB, Haren, The Netherlands pp. 97-105.
- Kintomo, A.A., Akintoye, H.A. and Alasiri, K.O. (2008). Role of Legume Fallow in Intensifed Vegetable-Based Systems. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 39: 1261-1268.
- Mattoo, A.K. and Teasdale, J.R. (2010). Ecological and genetic systems underlying sustainable horticulture. Horticultural Reviews. 37: 331-362.
- McKennel, P., Cannon, N., Conway, J. and Dooley, J. (2018). The use of red clover (Trifolium pratense) in soil fertility- building: A Review. Field Crops Research. 221: 38-49.
- Mitchell. J.P., Shrestha, A. Mathesius, K., Scow, K.M., Southard, R.J., Haney, R.L., Schmidt, R., Munk, D.S. and Horwath, W.R. (2017). Cover cropping and no tillage improve soil health in an arid irrigated cropping system in California’s San Joaquin Valley, USA. Soil Tillage Research. 165: 325-335.
- National Research Council (2010). Toward sustainable agricultural systems in the 21st Century. National Academy Press, Washington D.C.
- Neamatollahi, E., Jahansuz, M.R., Mazaheri, D. and Banayan, M. (2013). Intercropping. In: Lichtfouse, E. (Ed.), Sustainable agriculture Reviews vol 12, Springer, Netherlands, Dordrecht, pp. 119-142.
- Porpavai, S., Palchamy, A., Boopathi, S.N.M. and Jayapanl, P. (2006). Effect of integrated nutrient management on yield of rice (Oryza sativa) and soil fertility. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 40: 216-219.
- Radha Kumari, C. and Srinivasula Reddy, D. (2011). Sustainable nitrogen management in rice based cropping system. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 45: 93-103.
- Tarawali, S.A. (1994). Evaluating selected forage legume, for livestock and crop production in the sub-humid zone of Nigeria. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture 34: 55-60.
- Tonitto, C., David, M.B and Drinkwater, L.E. (2006). Replacing bare fallows with cover crops in fertilizer-intensive cropping systems: a meta-analysis of crop yield and N dynamics. Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment. 112: 58-72.
Submitted Date : 23-05-2019
Accepted Date : 8-11-2019