Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Effect of Paclobutrazol Application Time on Growth, Yield and Starch Content of Two Cassava Cultivars under Rainfed Conditions of Northeastern, Thailand
First Online 07-10-2019|
- Abdul Jaleel, C., P. Manivannan, B. Sankar, A. Kishore Kumar, R. Gopi, R. Somasundaram and Panneerselvam, R. (2007). Induction of drought stress tolerance by ketoconazole in Catharanthus roseus is mediteed by enhanced antioxidant potentials and secondary metabolite accumulation. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerface. 60(2):201-206.
- Bainbridge, Z.K., K. Tomlins, K. Wllings and Westby, A. (1966). Methods for assessing quality characteristics of non-grain starch staples (Part 2. Field Methods.). Natural Resources Institute, Chhatham, UK.
- Berova, M. and Zlatev, (Z). (2000). Physiological response and yield of paclobutrazol treated tomato plants (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.). Plant Growth Regulation. 30: 117-123.
- Binns, A.N. (1994). Cytokinin accumulation and action: Biochemical, genetic and molecular approaches. Ann. Rev. Plant Physiol. 45:173-196.
- Buchenauer, H. and Grossmann, F. (1977). Triadimefron: Mode of action in plant fungi. Neth J. Plant Pathol. 83: 93-103.
- Chemonges, M., E.K. Balyejusa, J. Bisikwa and Osiru, D.S.O. (2013). Phenotypic and physiological traits associated with drought tolerant cassava cultivars in Uganda. African Crop Science Conference Proceeding. 11: 463-469.
- Davis, T. and Cury, E. (1991) Chemical regulation of vegetative growth. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences. 10:151-188.
- Goto, S.T., P. Kuwagata, P. Konghakote, A. Polthanee, Y. Ishigooka, H. Toritani and Hasegawa, T. (2008). Characteristics of water balance in a rainfed paddy field in Northeast Thailand. Paddy and Water Environ. 6: 153-157.
- Hazarika, B.N., V.A. Parthasarathy and Nagaraju, V. (2002). Action of paclobutrazol in acclimatizing micropagated citrus plantlets. Indian J. Agric. Res. 36(1): 57-60
- Hunter, D.M. and Proctor, J.T.A. (1992). Paclobutrazol affects growth and fruit composition of potted grapevines. Hort Science. 27: 319-321.
- Jungklang, J. and Saengnil, K. (2012). Effect of paclobutrazol on Patumma CV. Chiang Mai Pink under water stress. Songklanakarin J. Sci. Technol. 34: 361-366.
- Jungklang, J., K. Saengnil and Uthaibutra, J. (2017). Effect water-deficit stress and paclobutrazol on growth, relative water content, electrolyte leakage, proline content and some antioxidant changes in Curcuna alismatifolia Gagnep. CV. Chiang Mai Pink. Saudi J. of Biol. Sci. 24: 1505-1512.
- Khanthavong, P., N. Phattarakul, S. Janjod, T.M. Aye and Rerkasem, B. (2012). Effect of stake priming with complete nutrient solution on cassava root and starch yield. Agric. Nat. Res. 11(1): 75-80.
- Kumar, A. and Sharma, N. (2016). Effect of growth retardants on growth, flowering and physiological characteristics of olive cultivar Leccino under rainfed conditions of Himachal Pradesh, India. Indian J. Agric. Res. 50(5): 487-490.
- Mabvongwe, O., Manenji, B. T. Gwazane, M. and Chandiposha, M. (2016). The effect of paclobutrazol application time and variety on growth, yield and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.). Advances in Agriculture. Doi: 10.1155/2016/1585463.
- Medina, R., A. Burgos, V. Difranco, L. Mroginski and Cenoz, P. (2012). Effects of chlorocholine chloride and paclobutrazol on cassava (Manihot esculenta Crant.) plant growth and tuberous root quality. Agricientia. 29: 51-58.
- Oguntunde, P.G. (2005). Whole-plant water use and canopy conductance of cassava under limited available soil water and varying evaporative demand. Plant and Soil. 278: 371-383.
- Panyapruek S., W. Sinsiri, W. Sinsiri, N. Sinsiri, P. Arimatsu and Polthanee, A. (2016). Effect of paclobutrazol growth regulator on tuber production and starch quality of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crant.). Asian J. of Plant Sci. ISSN 1682-3974 DOI: 10.3923/ajps.2016.1.7. 1-7.
- Polthanee, A. and Manuta, P. (2015). Effect of stake priming with nutrient solution on growth and yield of cassava grown under greenhouse and field conditions. Khon Kaen Agr. J. 43(2): 379-386.
- Polthanee, A. and Srisutham, M. (2017). Supplementary irrigation for cassava planted in the late rainy season of Northeastern Thailand. Asian Journal of Crop Science. ISSN 1994-7879, DOI: 10.3923/ajcs.2017. 1-9.
- Rai, N., A. Nath, D. S. Yadav and Yadav, R. K. (2003). Effect of different concentration of paclobutrazol (PP333) on growth, flowering and quality of bottle gourd. Agric. Sci. Digest. 23(1): 44-46.
- Rossini Pinto, A., D. Radrigues, I. Leite and Barbosa, J. (2005). Growth retardants on development and ornamental quality of potted “Lilliput” Zinnia elegans Jacaq. Scientia Agricola. 62: 337-345.
- Subandi, T.A. and Suyanto, H. (2015). Response of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crant.) to potassium application acidic dryland in Indonesia. International Potash Institute. pp.42.
- Tongglum, A., P. Suriyapan and Howeler, R.H. (2001). Cassava agronomy research and adoption of improved practices in Thailand. In: Cassava’s Potential in Asia in the 21st Century. Proc. 6th Regional Workshop, [R.H. Howeler and S.L. Tan (Eds.)] held in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. Feb 21-25, 2000. pp. 228-258.
- Yadav, D.K and Hemantaranjan, A. (2017). Mitigating effects of paclobutrazol on flooding stress damage by shifting biochemical and antioxidant defense mechanisms in mungbean at pre-flowering stage, Legume Reseach. 40(3): 453-461.
- Yang, Q.S. and Hui, C.X. (2011). Effects of CPPU and paclobutrazol on yield increase in cassava. J. of Southern Agriculture. 42(6): 594-598.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.