- Amos, H., Voncir, N., Fagam, A.S., Garba, A. (2015). Effect of cattle manure on the growth and yield performance of vegetable maize (Zea mays Saccharata) varieties under irrigation. Scholars Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences. 2 (4A): 319-323.
- Barsukov, S.S. (1991). Effect of organic and mineral fertilizers on yield of maize grown according to cereal technology. Agrokhimiya. 12: 43-48.
- Booysen, C.R., Booysen, D.E., Booysen, J.H. (1984). Agricultural Science Standard 6 & 7. Kenwyn. Juta & Co Ltd. pp. 106.
- Buah, S.S.J., Polito, T.A., Killorn, R. (1999). No-tillage corn hybrids response to starter fertilizer. Journal of Production Agriculture. 12: 676–680.
- Ciampitti, I.A. and Vyn, T.J. (2010). A comprehensive study of plant density consequences on nitrogen uptake dynamics of maize plants from vegetative to reproductive stages. Field Crops Research. 121 (1): 2-18.
- Dadarwal, R.S., Jain, N.K., Singh, D. (2009). Integrated nutrient management in baby corn (Zea mays). Indian Journal of Agricultural Science. 79: 1023-1025.
- Gangwar, K.S., Singh, K.K., Sharma, S.K., Tomar, O.K. (2006). Alternative tillage and crop residue management in wheat after rice in sandy loam soils of Indo-Gengetic plains. Soil Tillage Research. 88: 242-252.
- Hameed, M.A.W., Khalaf, N.H., Farhan, H.N. (2017). The impact of several animal manure types in comparison with urea on growth and yield of maize (Zea mays L.). Euphrates Journal of Agriculture Science. 9 (2): 28-39.
- Kasirivu, J., Materechera, S., Dire, M. (2011). Composting ruminant animal manure reduces emergence and species diversity of weed seedlings in a semi-arid environment of South Africa. South African Journal of Plant and Soil. 28: 228-235.
- Law-Ogbomo, K.E. and Law-Ogbomo, J.E. (2009). The performance of Zea mays as influenced by NPK fertilizer application. Notulae Scientia Biologicae. 1 (1):59-62.
- Meena, N.R., Meena, M.K., Sharma, K.K., Meena, M.D. (2018). Effect of zinc enriched farm yard manures on yield of mung bean and physico-chemical properties of soil. Legume Research. 41: 734-739.
- Miracle, M.P. (2009). The introduction and spread of maize in Africa. The Journal of African History. 36: 39-55.
- Molope, M. (1987). Common Soils in the Molopo District. Tikilogo. 1: 65-76.
- Niehues, B.J., Lamond, R.E., Godsey, C.B., Olsen, C.J. (2004). Starter nitrogen fertilizer management for continuous no-till corn production. Agronomy Journal. 96: 1412-1418.
- Payero, J.O., Melvin, S.R., Irmak, S., Tarkelson, D. (2006). Yield response of corn to deficit irrigation in a semiarid climate. Agricultural Water Management. 84: 101-112.
- Ramamurthy, V. and Shivashankar, K. (1996). Residual effect of organic matter and phosphorus on growth, yield and quality of maize (Zea mays). Indian Journal of Agronomy. 41: 247-251.
- Ravankar, H.N., Pothare, S., Rathod, P.K., Sarap, P.A. (2004). Soil properties and yield of sorghum-wheat sequence as affected by long term fertilization. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 38: 143-146.
- Shah, S.T.H., Zamir, M.S.I., Waseem, M., Ali, A., Tahir, M., Khalid, W.B. (2009). Growth and yield response of maize (Zea mays L.) to organic and inorganic sources of nitrogen. Pakistani Journal of Life Sciences. 7: 108-111.
- Silva, J., Silva, P.S.L., Oliveira, M., Silva, K.M.M. (2004). Effects of cattle manure on the production of green ears and corn grain. Brazilian Horticulture. 22: 326-331.
- Smith, B. (2006). The Farming Handbook. Scottsville. University of KwaZulu-Natal Press. pp.276.
- Uwah, D.F., Undie, U.L., John, N.M. (2014). Comparative evaluation of animal manures on soil properties, growth and yield of sweet maize (Zea mays L. saccharata Strut.). Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. 3 (2): 315-331.
Submitted Date : 21-02-2019
Accepted Date : 25-07-2019