Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Improving use efficiency of applied phosphorus fertilizer by zinc fertilization in Basmati rice-wheat cropping system
First Online 25-02-2016|
- Akhtar, M.S., Oki, Y. and Adachi, T. (2010) Growth behavior, nitrogen-form effects on phosphorus acquisition, and phosphorus–zinc interactions in Brassica cultivars under phosphorus-stress environment. Comm. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 41: 2022–2045.
- Alam, M.M., Ladha, J.K., Foyjunnessa, Rahman, Z., Khan, S.R., Rashid, H., Khan, A.H. and Buresh, R.J. (2006) Nutrient management for increased productivity of rice–wheat cropping system in Bangladesh. Field Crop. Res. 96: 374–386.
- Aref, F. (2012) Evaluation of application methods and rates of zinc and boron on nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium contents of maize leaf. J. Plant Nutri. 35: 1210–1224.
- Cakmak, I. and Marschner, H. (1987) Mechanism of phosphorus induced zinc deficiency in cotton. III. Changes in physiological availability of zinc in plants. Physiol. Plant. 70: 13–20.
- Chaube, A.K., Ruhella, R., Chakraborty, R., Gangwar, M.S., Srivastava, P.C. and Singh, S.K. (2007) Management of zinc fertilizer under pearlmillet-wheat cropping system in a Typic Ustipsamment. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci. 55: 196–202.
- Correa, F.L. de O., Souza, C.A.S., Mendonca, V. and Carvalho, J.G.de. (2002) Accumulation of nutrients in seedlings of acerola trees fertilized with phosphorus and zinc. Rev. Brasil. Fruticul. 24: 765–769.
- Dobermann, A., Witt, C., Abdulrachman, S., Gines, H.C., Nagarajan, R., Son, T.T., Tan, P.S., Wang, G.H., Chien, N.V., Thoa, V.T.K., Phung, C.V., Stalin, P., Muthukrishnan, P., Ravi, V., Babu, M., Simbahan, G.C. and Adviento, M.A.A. (2003) Soil fertility and indigenous nutrient supply in irrigated rice domains of Asia. Agron. J. 95: 913–923.
- Dobermann, A., Abdulrachman, S., Gines, H.C., Nagarajan, R., Satawathananont, S., Son, T.T., Tan, P.S.,Wang, G.H., Simbahan, G.C., Adviento, M.A.A. and Witt, C. (2004) Agronomic performance of site-specific nutrient management in intensive rice-cropping systems of Asia. In: A. Dobermann, C. Witt, D. Dawe (ed). Increasing productivity of intensive rice systems through site-specific nutrient management. Science Publishers Inc., Enfield, NH and IRRI, Los Banos, Manila, pp: 307–336.
- Gill, M.A., Kanwal, S., Aziz, T. and Rahmatullah. (2004) Differences in phosphorus-zinc interaction among sunflower (Helianthus annus L.), brassica (Brasica napus L.) and maize (Zea mays L.). Pak. J. Agri. Sci. 41: 29–34.
- Islam, M.N., Hoque, S. and Islam, A. (2005) Interactive effects of phosphorus and zinc in wheat, rice and mungbean. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci. 53: 221–227.
- Jackson, M.L. (1967) Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, India.
- Jain, N.K. and Dahama, A.K. (2007) Effect of phosphorus and zinc on yield, nutrient uptake and quality of wheat (Tritcum aestivum). Indian J. Agric. Sci. 77: 310–313.
- Ladha, J.K., Singh, Y., Erenstein, O. and Hardy, B. (2009) Integrated crop and resource management in the rice–wheat system of South Asia. International Rice Research Institute, Los Banos, Philippines.
- Loneragan, J.K., Grunes, D.L., Welch, R.M., Aduayi, E.A., Tengah, A., Lazar, V.A. and Cary, E.E. (1982) Phosphorus accumulation and toxicity in leaves in relation to zinc supply. Soil Sci. Soc. of Am. J. 46: 345–352.
- Malewar, G.U. (2005) Micronutrient stresses in soils and crops: serious sickness and clinical approaches for sustainable agriculture. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci. 53: 484–499.
- Oseni, T.O. (2009) Growth and zinc uptake of sorghum and cowpea in response to phosphorusand zinc fertilization. World J. Agric. Sci. 5: 670–674.
- Rengel, Z., Batten, G.D. and Crowley, D.E. (1999) Agronomic approaches for improving the micronutrient density in edible portions of field crops. Field Crop. Res. 60: 27–40.
- Singh, Y., Dobermann, A., Singh, B., Bronson, K.F. and Khind, C.S. (2000) Optimal phosphorus management strategies for rice–wheat cropping on a loamy sand. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 64: 1413–1422.
- Singh, V.K., Dwivedi, B.S., Buresh, R.J., Jat, M.L., Majumdar, K., Gangwar, B., Govil, V. and Singh, S.K. (2013) Potassium fertilization in rice–wheat system on farmer’s fields in India: crop performance and soil nutrients. Agron. J. 105: 471–481.
- Singh, V.K., Dwivedi, B.S., Tiwari, K.N., Majumdar, K., Rani, M., Singh, S.K. and Timsina, J. (2014) Optimizing nutrient management strategies for rice–wheat system in the Indo- Gangetic Plains of India and adjacent region for higher productivity, nutrient use eficiency and profits. Field Crop. Res. 164: 30–44.
- Srivastava, P.C., Bhatt, M., Pachauri, S.P. and Tyagi, A.K. (2013) Effect of different Zn application methods on apparent utilization efficiency of zinc and phosphorus fertilizers under Basmati rice-wheat rotation. Archiv. Agron. Soil Sci. 60: 33–48.
- Swarup, A. (2010) Integrated plant nutrient supply and management strategies for enhanced soil quality, input use efficiency and crop productivity. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci. 58: 25–31.
- Timsina, J. and Connor, D.J. (2001) Productivity and management of rice–wheat cropping systems: issues and challenges. Field Crop. Res. 69: 93–132.
- Zhu, Y.G., Smith, S.E. and Smith, F.A. (2001) Zinc-phosphorus interaction in two cultivars of spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) differing in P uptake efficiency. Ann. Bot. 88: 941–945.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.